iv — chapter four;

Between Past & Present
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

iv — chapter four;

as continued from the precious chapter;

 

 

a/n: I feel like this will confuse you, so here's the key to the dialogue:

Language (the one they're speaking in):

English - “English looks like this. It's just normal text/font.”

Chinese - “Chinese looks like this. It's in bold.”

Korean - “Korean looks like this. It's italicized.”

 

Please remember this so it doesn't confuse you!

 

 

 

“You guys coming or what?”

“Coming? Where?”

All of a sudden, a glistening Camille came into the room. “A romantic ten-star trip for couples. To Korea. Pack, now! The plane leaves at four! It's already two!”

Seoyeon stood still, dazed. “To Korea...?”

 

 

 

Seoyeon and Mark walked out of the gates, hand in hand, along with Camille and Jackson.

Seoyeon, however, spotted someone familiar and waved, before running towards them, her suitcase trailing right behind her.

“Aigoo! My precious daughter! Welcome back!” Seoyeon's mother gave Seoyeon a bone-crushing hug.

“Mom! Have you been well?” Seoyeon turned to look at her dad. “And you, father?”

“We're doing fine. No worries. I mean, we are right here, right in front of you, aren't we?” Seoyeon father, Mr.Jung replied.

“Hello, mother and father.” A rather manly voice greeted the elders and bowed.

“Hello, Mark. Welcome to Seoul, South Korea.” Mrs.Jung replied warmly.

“Nice to see you, too. Let's get going, shall we? The paparazzi and reporters are starting to take pictures.” Mark suggested politely, but seriously, in an annoyed matter.

Of course, who wouldn't be? ‘The young heir to Sina Corporations spotted holding hands with the young heiress to Jung Enterprises’. It'd be a big scandal, indeed, and Mark and Seoyeon cringed at the thought of their relationship becoming known to the public.

It wasn't that they didn't want to have their relationship known. They both loved each other, but the fact that Mark and Seoyeon both disliked publicity was a problem. They wanted to be normal people, to go on dates without the flashes of cameras and unnecessary questions bombarding them.

Mr.Jung snapped his hands, and bodyguards surrounded the whole pact, forming a tough wall around the visitors and the Jung couple.

They quickly made their way to the car and entered safely.

“What the heck...it's like they can't get enough of me.” Jackson commented, earning a smack on his shoulder by his dear wife.

 

 

“Mother...I don't want to talk about him.” Seoyeon said.

“He still loves you, you know.” Seoyeon's mother informed her.

“Pfft. Love? Love doesn't exist in his dictionary. If he owns one at all, I mean.” Seoyeon chuckled, just thinking about Baekhyun in a good light was irritating the hell out of her.

“Sweetie...” Mrs.Jung continued, but was interrupted by Seoyeon.

“It's okay, mother. We'll be staying together at Camille's family's vacation house. It's safer for us that way. The paparazzi won't know where we are. We just need them to forget about us for now.” Seoyeon negotiated to her mother who was ‘worried’.

Mrs.Jung understood immediately. “Mark has entered the room, hasn't he? We'll talk about this later, young lady.”

“Okay. Bye. Love you, too.” With that, she hung up.

Arms sneaked around her petite waist, and she turned to face a shirtless Mark. “What did your mother say?”

“She was worried,” Seoyeon traced circles on his chest, “about us. About the publicity.”

Mark nodded, in an understanding way. “Of course.”

Seoyeon giggled and pushed him away lightly, “Go put on a shirt.”

Mark pouted. “Why? I'm doing all the girls in the world a favor. You're lucky enough to see it.”

Seoyeon smirked, “As if.”

 

 

As soon as Seoyeon left the room, Mark picked up his phone and quickly dialed a certain someone's number. Jessica's.

“Hello? Did you prepare everything? Are you sure? No...it's not that I don't trust you...I just want everything to be perfect for her. For us. For our relationship

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter