Chapter 1

The Girl Who Runs with the Wolves Are Not For Boys To Love

In the 21st century, people had become so modern that they did not believe in old folks’ tale.  Fairy tales were for children to believe in and myths were unreal.  Little did they know that some, if not all, of those legends and myths were real.   Magical creatures such as werewolves existed like humans existed.  However, they just blended in the human world with their human forms to keep the angry mob away from their doorsteps.  They were the only magical beings left.  They were known for their intelligence that kept them from danger over the years.

People had wondered why wolves howled at the moon.  To werewolves, it was a place that was equivalent to what the humans called heaven.  They believed that the deceased werewolves go to the moon where they reflect the light of their souls to guide their loved ones.

 

 

A grief-stricken Caelum Wolfe Mille morphed to her other form – the wolf and ran into the woods and up a cliff. There she saw the moon shining brightly at her as if it were smiling.  She howled at it again and again.  The werewolves of her pack understood it. Her melodious howls were both beautiful yet terrifying. It was not of excitement and love but of despair and sorrow that translated to Please give them back to the common tongue.

Her wolf form turned into a girl, with her brown eyes turning red with tears as she screamed in pain, “Please give them back to me!”

 

 

Two years later

 

Caelum Wolfe Mille or as she was known in the “ordinary world” as Cheon Haneul finally had her things sorted out in her college dorm room. She lay on the bed with her face down.  She was tired from the move.  Actually, she was more exhausted from trying to get away from her pack than moving.  Haneul went out of her dorm room in effort to make new friends but the faces she saw were the least faces she wanted to see.  She really could not keep them away from her.  She was the alpha after all. 

The pack or known to people on campus as her bodyguards or the boys consisted of eight beautiful creatures that girls would die to have as their dates for tonight’s ball and that boys would love to punch in the face for stealing their girlfriends’ attention away from them.

“Hey check this out,” Chanyeol, the tall and quirky werewolf (in this case a boy) took the flier from the bulletin board.  “There’s a ball tonight for welcoming the students. We should all go.”

 “You can’t go. Like you said it’s for welcoming the students.” Haneul said.

“We are students here. We enrolled this morning!” Tao said.  He was the one with deathly look in his eye but he was also the sweetest once people got to know him.

“WHAT?! WHY?!” Haneul was clearly angry. She did not want to see their faces and turned around and kept walking.

“It’s our duty to protect you, my princess,” Sehun, the beta or most known as the one who seemed to be the most good looking of them all, whispered in her ear with a mocking voice. “We are now officially students here and to keep you happy, they have enrolled in another department.”

The rest of them just smiled at their alpha while showing their enrolment receipts.

“It’s queen,” Haneul turned facing him and said in a low but stern voice. “Get that wrong and you will be out of here.”

“Oooh! The cat’s claws are out!” Sehun smirked.  “How can you be one when you don’t even have a king?”  Haneul’s brown eyes turned red.  The boys could sense her temper and she was about to take it out on him.  She then felt that someone held on her fist.

“Enough Sehun! You know how she hates being compared to others,” By others Suho meant other creatures that she considers of low standards such as cats, dogs every other animal in the planet.  Suho was  one of the sensible members of the pack alongside Chen and Xiumin.  They tended to try and break up the fights and clean the mess that the wolves left behind in the “normal” world.  “We all know that behind all that teasing, you like our alpha!” Xiumin said and everyone sniggered.

“You guys do whatever you want. I don’t want to take part in it. You can go have fun at the ball tonight.” She sighed.

“You’re not going? It’s gonna be fun! There’s gonna be dancing and drinking and all,” Kai convinced her.  Wolf or not, he was always in the partying mode.

And with that she walked in a fast pace and ran.  They knew it was no use trying to catch up. She was the fastest after all.

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

All of the information given here about werewolves, wolves and packs are fictional.

Please comment and subscribe! I don't like silent readers.Comments motivate me to update and to better my story.