Somewhere Only We Both Know

Somewhere Only We Both Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We're going on a trip!" He said enthusiastically as if it meant the world to him.

"Don't you get tired of trips? I mean, it's expensive, it's bothersome and your 's stuck on a car seat," I said as I munched on some chips. 

"Come on, you promised."

"When did I?" I smirked.

He frowned, "please? You know I can't go to the beach without you."

HA. Got you. "Fine, leave me be so that I could pack up."

He smiled brightly, the boyish grin that always had my heart skip a beat. "Really?" He said snapping me back to reality, "really, really, really? Okay! See you tomorrow morning!"

I promised you that nothing will change, didn't I? Huh. "Yeah, nothing's changed at all."

Leaving the door closed behind him meant something to me; it was like when he told me how much he values me as a special friend after telling him how much I liked him. I knew it would end that way, but it was worth the shot. He was worth the shot and I was happy I tried, because despite the fact that he didn't like me the way I liked him, he still wanted to be with me. That was enough, more than enough actually, because even though it hurts so much that couldn't be something more, he was with me as a friend.

The long drive was more enjoyable than I thought. Pathetic as it may sound but, I imagined us being a couple as we sang along to radio hits as the wind going in the opened window brush on our cheeks. Cheesey. I thought to myself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter