Twenty Seven

Fall For You

Date & Scars

 

"Sir, Miss Jung wants to talk to you." Jandi stood by the door while staring at her boss who was talking on the phone, looking very serious as if he was listening to something important. He raised his finger telling her to wait for a moment. Jandi nodded and went out.

"You're going to be fine. I'll get a lawyer for you then you can talk all your issue to him." Sehun tried to speak softly. "Can we talk later? Yes, ok. Just call me if something happens." He ended the call and rose from his seat.

Sehun opened the door slowly. He saw his girlfriend waiting outside. She still looked so beautiful and perfect like the first time Sehun met her. The only difference was her hair was a little bit longer than before but that didn't matter to Sehun at all. He still adored her in every way. "Hi."

Chanri turned and smiled happily. Sehun pushed the door wider. "Come in, Miss Jung." He grinned and quickly closed the door after Chanri had stepped in his office. "What's wrong?"

Chanri took a seat across Sehun. Rather than answering, Chanri just stared at Sehun. She looked at him with much admiration and love. Chanri had no idea what would happen in the future; whether their relationship would continue or not; whether she could still looking at Sehun like this time or not. She wanted to cherish and enjoy every single second with him – at least before they parted.

"Chanri? What's wrong? Tell me or I'll find out by myself right now." Sehun frowned.

"Nothing. I just want to look at your handsome face for a while. Can't I?" She gave him a smile.

"Oh." Sehun cleared his throat and looked away to hide his blushing face. "You can, you can. Uh, take your time." He was now too shy to look at Chanri who was still staring.

Meanwhile Chanri giggled at his reaction. She thought it was cute seeing him like that. "Are you free this Sunday?"

"I'm free anytime you want me to be."

"No. Seriously, Sehun, are you free this Sunday?" Chanri asked again.

"I'm serious." Sehun held his chuckle. "Why? Are you asking me out?" He asked jokingly with a wink.

"Umm, what if I am?"

Sehun was speechless. He never meant it to be real. It was a definite surprise for him that Chanri was asking a date after all this time. Ever since they dated, it was always Sehun who asked her for a date and never she said where she wanted to go or eat.

"I know it's weird but I want to bring you to my favorite restaurant." At least before my time in here is over, Chanri continued the sentence inside her head.

"I'm free now. Can we just go now?"

Chanri shook her head. "No. Sunday."

Sehun pouted and sighed. "Fine. What time shall I collect you?"

"6, maybe? I'll write down the address. It's quite far from here but it's worthy." Chanri wrote down the address and gave it to Sehun.

"Don't forget about our dinner tonight, babe." Sehun reminded Chanri before Chanri got out from his office.

•••

Chanri placed her hands on her lap. This wasn't the first time she felt so uncomfortable sitting down in a fancy restaurant. She tried to be more relaxed and ignore cold gazes from other guests.

Meanwhile Sehun looked as charming as usual. His eyes focused on the menu. He asked a few questions to the waiter next to him about the food before finally ordered one. He looked up to see his girlfriend who was sitting in front of him ans seemed confused.

"What would you like to have, Chanri?"

Chanri bit her lips. "I'll just order what you order."

"Make it two." Sehun told. "Drink?"

"Water, please."

The waiter nodded firmly as he took note. He excused himself, leaving Chanri and Sehun.

"Sehun?" A female called. "Oh! I didn't know you would be here too." Sera came to their table. She then glanced at Chanri and gave a warm smile. "Hello, Chanri!"

Chanri smiled back. "Hello." Her voice was quieter.

Sera put her hand on Sehun's shoulder casually. Chanri thought Sehun would snap it off or at least gave a death glare to her but no. Nothing happened. Surprisingly, Sehun looked so normal as if Sera wasn't the person he hated. Chanri remembered very well how much he despised her for what she had done to him few years ago. She remembered how he showed his digust look everytime he saw her. But something changed.

Sehun talked with Sera so casually and normally. There was no hate on his expression. Did he forgive her already? Chanri sensed something as she observed how they looked at each other. She wanted to asume something but she was too afraid if it was true. Maybe her woman's intuitive was wrong — or maybe it was right.

"Where's your fiancé?" Sehun asked.

Sera's expression turned. "He'll be right here in a moment."

"What happened to your arm?" Chanri asked so bluntly.

There was a bruise on her upper arm as if she was being hit so badly. Sera quickly put another hand to cover the bruise. "Oh, this one? I fell when I was sleeping. It's pretty bad, isn't it?"

Chanri didn't believe her. It was a lie, obviously. Sehun lowered his head and stayed silent. Neither he nor Chanri questioned anything about it anymore.

A few minutes later, Changmin came. He greeted the other couple. Sera tried to maintain her happy face without being scared, especially when Changmin put his arm on her back. She felt some sort of a cold shiver around her skin.

"Why don't you join us? This table is big enough for four people." Sehun suggested. He raised a hand and when the waiter came, Sehun politely asked for another two chairs.

•••

Throughout the dinner, Chanri kept shut and just listened to the others talking about something she didn't really understand. Sehun and Changmin talked about business and stuffs for a while before Sehun managed to have a little chat with Sera about her new job. How did he know that?

Chanri felt even more uncomfortable in there. She was being ignored while her boyfriend was talking with his ex girlfriend who he used to hate a lot. If she knew it would turn out like this, she would rather stay at her room and eat whatever in the fridge. She was jealous, not because she was being ignored, not because Sehun talked with his ex. She was jealous because she didn't know Sehun better than Sera did.

•••

"I'll text you the address." Chanri said in front of her apartment door.

"What address?"

It hasn't even been 24 hours, yet he forgot about the plan! "The restaurant that I want to take you to?"

"Oh!" Sehun let out a short laugh. "Don't worry about it. Just tell me the name and I'll find out the address by myself."

Chanri told him the name and kissed him goodbye. She had never been felt more scared of losing Sehun than right now.

•••

“Did he do this to you?”

“Y-yes.”

Sehun groaned.

“I’m fine, Sehunnie.” Sera rested her hands on his.

“First the upper arm, now your wrist. What’s next? Your face?” The tone of his voice filled with anger and disgust. There were red, almost bluish, marks all over Sera’s wrists, as if she was being tied so hard on them. Sehun just confusedly stared at them and gently touch the scars. He couldn't believe that a man would do such things to a woman– to Sera, an educated and respected woman. “What did he do to you?”

Sera hesitated.

“You can tell me, Sera.” Sehun assured her.

“He…” Sera closed her watery eyes. “We argued about something and he said things; bad things to me. He also threatened me to call off the engagement if I didn’t behave properly. And then…” She paused to take a deep breath and continued, “then he grabbed my wrist so hard and…” Sera burst into tears.

Sehun wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer. “It’s alright.”

“I can’t…” Sera sobbed. “I can’t. It’s too painful.”

Sehun patted her head. “It’s fine. You don’t have to talk about it again. I’m going to get you some ointments for your wrists, alright? It’s going to be fine. You are safe here, with me.”



{A/N} 

Thank you again for your comments <3 I got so excited to see your comments since last chapter was the most commented chapter since I updated this story again. *hugging all of you guys* There's no big and major drama in this chapter though but I promise next chapter will be much more thrilling and exciting :) Don't forget to upvote too! 

BTW, I want to make a poster for this story but I don't know where to get one or who make a good poster in AFF. So if you have any suggestion or you make posters, let me know ;) 

xoxo