Ten

Fall For You

Gallery

From: Chanri

I have piles of work to catch up so I can't go. Sorry.

"What?" Sehun stared at his phone screen in disbelief. He purposely wore his favorite attire and tie just for today's date with her. Now it all ruined. Sehun really wanted to make her happy and impressed. He was also longing for going out on dates with someone he liked since he never properly had a date with a girl back when he was a teenager.

Sehun came out from his office and went straight go Chanri's place. He had to make this date came true. Both Eujin and Chanri startled seeing Sehun on their room. He looked a bit annoyed.

"Good morning, Sir." Eujin greeted

"Sehun." Chanri said.

"So you can't go?" Sehun showed his disappointed face.

"No, I'm sorry." Chanri replied. "I still need to finish several things."

Sehun pursed his lips. He had work to be finished too but he didn't care much now.

"You should go, Chanri. I'll help you with the work." Eunji smiled.

Chanri looked at her surprisingly.

"It's ok. I have nothing to do right now anyway."

Sehun took out his phone. "Cancel all the appointments for today." He hung up and looked at Chanri. "Ready?"

Chanri blinked few times. She turned to Eujin who was mouthing her to go. She had no other option than to take his offer.

•••

"You look...different." Chanri watched Sehun carefully as he started the engine.

"Different?" Sehun raised his brows.

Chanri nodded. "Your clothes are more formal than usual and you're wearing a tie."

Sehun chuckled. "I thought you didn't notice that." He almost never wore very formal attire to work. It was uncomfortable for him to be worn for working, especially a tie.

"This isn't a formal occassion, right?"

Sehun shook his head. "Not really. We're just visiting my good friend's new art gallery."

"Tao?"

Sehun raised a brow. "I'd be in the hospital right now, dying of heart attack, if it was Tao's art work." He never imagined Tao opening an art gallery. "He is good only at designing clothes, not painting."

•••

"Sehun! My man!"

A tall and slender young man approached Sehun and Chanri who just came into the gallery.

Sehun and the man did the boys' hug. Chanri recognized the man from the party – one of Sehun's cliques. He looked different when he smiled as if his cool charm was washed away.

"How do you do, Chanri?" The man turned to her and let his hand out.

"I'm fine. Thank you." Chanri grabbed his hand.

The man smiled and shook her hand gently. "Do you still remember me?" He didn't let go her hand.

"You're Kris, right?" Chanri was sure his name was Kris, because he was the cool one in the group so it was easier for her to remember. 

"I'm glad you still remember my name." Kris smiled again, his hand still held Chanri's hand.

First, Tao and now Kris. Sehun knew he was trying to make him jealous. Sehun pulled Chanri's hand away from Kris. Kris was smiled as if his plan was succeed. Sehun possessively moved closer beside Chanri.

"All right, then." Kris spoke. "I still have people to meet. Thanks for coming, by the way."

Chanri watched Kris walked away from them and joined the crowd. There weren't so many people in there – only the invited ones.

Chanri liked arts. She spent so many years admiring the artwork of her father. Her father was an imaginative and creative artist. He always told her the meaning of art itself and how a simple idea could turn into a wonderful masterpiece. She wanted to become an artist but too bad, she didn't get his father's talent.

The gallery looked ordinary; simple yet contained million dollars of art pieces. The paintings were various; from landscapes to abstracts.

"He's a really good artist." Chanri commented as they walked around.

"He really is." Sehun followed her eyes’ gaze. "It's funny though. We always mocked him, telling him that his drawings were like a three year old boy's drawings but here he was, successfully opening his second art gallery."

Chanri seemed awed with all Kris's pieces. She could take all day long just looking at his artwork. Meanwhile, Sehun was just following her. He didn't understand much about arts. He was here because of Chanri since he knew she liked arts and her father was an artist. Sehun felt happy when he saw Chanri's sparkling eyes whenever she saw another work. He was glad both of them came there.

"Which one is your favorite?"

Chanri looked around. It was hard to choose with so many good choices but there was only one art, which attracted her. "I like that one, the contemporary art." Chanri pointed to the piece on the corner of the section.

The piece was extremely well made by a skillful man. Kris, the creator, used different colors, mixed them one on a piece of canvas and it turned as beautiful as the colors. It could be considered as abstract too. The art piece contained elements, which other pieces didn't have. It brought relaxation and also enjoyment.

Sehun moved to the piece and remembered the title of the painting.

"What are you doing?" Chanri looked confused.

Sehun shook his head and kept moving, now towards the lobby. More and more people were coming in, filling up the room. Sehun looked from his right to his left carefully.

"Kris!" He yelled while waving his hand to get Kris's attention. As soon as Kris saw him, he excused himself to the people who were talking with him.

"What's up?"

"I'm buying your contemporary art piece on section 5, the corner one." Sehun informed.

Oh, god! Chanri couldn't be more shock than now. She didn't expect him to buy it!

"Oh, the one with title 'Expressive' ?"

"I think. I'll tell later you where to send." Sehun gave the cheque to Kris's assistant who appeared next to him suddenly. “I’ll transfer the money this afternoon.”

"Thanks, man." Kris said with a bright smile.

"Welcome."

•••

"You're buying it?!"

"I am." Sehun smiled. "For you."

Chanri's eyes got wider. "Why?"

"Why?" Sehun furrowed his brows. "You like it, right? You looked like a little girl wanting a new doll."

"Yes, I like it but that doesn't mean you should buy it." Chanri didn't want Sehun spend all his money for her. She didn't deserve his money or his attention. She is just his employee and friend.

"But I want to buy it." Sehun reasoned. He just wanted to make her happy.

"You bought me a very expensive dress and now you bought that. I need to work more than one job to get that amount of money so I can repay you." Chanri was unease.

"Consider them as gifts, Chanri."

"Sehun?" A female voice called Sehun from behind.

Sehun slightly turned around while Chanri moved a bit to side so she could see her too. Sehun's face became hardened and became stiffer as if he was facing his biggest enemy. He fully turned his body and pulled Chanri closer.

Sera gracefully walked towards them. She was wearing a semi-formal dress, which made her looked very beautiful like a princess in fairytales. Her dark brown long hair was slightly curled. She wore light make up, showing her natural beauty.

Chanri felt her confident sank deep when she saw Sera. She was like the nice, popular girl in high schools where all the attentions directed to her only.

"Hello, Sehun. I don't know you’re into arts too." Sera stood in front of Sehun, trying to keep as far distance as possible.

Sehun didn't reply. He looked pissed and annoyed. His eyes didn't meet hers as he tried to avoid eye contacts with her.

Sera looked a bit sad when Sehun kept his mouth shut. She noticed Chanri who stood beside Sehun. Sera smiled slightly to her and reached out her hand to Chanri.

"Hi! I'm Sera."

"Oh, hi! I'm Chanri." They shook hands while smiling at each other.

"Are you his girlfriend?" Sera asked. There was no evil plan or bad intention or jealousy on her eyes. Chanri only could see a bit sadness and guilt on them.

"No."

"Yes!"

Sehun and Chanri answered at the same time. They looked at each other in surprise. Sehun put his hand around her waist and pulled even closer and tightly. Sehun looked up and met Sera's eyes.

"She's my girlfriend." Sehun declared possessively. Chanri wanted to protest but Sehun quickly signaled her to be quiet.

Sera nodded slowly. A second later, a man approached them and stood beside Sera. The man was tall and lean, perfectly fit with Sera who wore high heels. Sera turned to him and smiled weakly.

"Sehun, this is my fiancé, Changmin. Changmin, this is Sehun." Sera introduced them.

Both of the men shook their hands while saying their own name. Sehun carefully observed Changmin. He could tell that Changmin was a rich businessman too. He looked like a good man. Too good for her.

"It's my pleasure to meet you, Mr. Oh." Changmin told. He seemed noticed who Sehun was and how powerful his business was.

"Call me Sehun. It's my pleasure too to met you." Sehun seemed not interested in this meeting. "Oh! This is my girlfriend, Chanri."

They shook hands and Sehun glared at their touching hands.

"Nice to meet you, Chanri." Changmin politely said.

There was an awkward silence between them. Chanri could feel the tense between Sera and Sehun.

"Will you come to the party?" Sera finally spoke. Her eyes directly gaze at Sehun's eyes, hoping of a positive respond.

"I don't know." His tone was sharp and cold. He didn't mean to sound that way but he couldn't help his dislike towards her. "Let's go." Sehun's fingers intertwined with Chanri's. Sehun gave Changmin a nod before went away.

Chanri needed to jog a bit so she could keep up with Sehun's fast walk. She didn't know what was going on and why Sehun acted this way. Sehun emotionally opened the passenger door and let Chanri in.

Sehun didn't say anything as he started the engine. He seemed so annoyed and furious about something which Chanri didn't understand or know.

"Sehun." Chanri courageously spoke. Sehun said nothing; he didn't even look at her. Chanri felt as if she was the victim of his unstable emotion. Chanri wanted to ask what was wrong back then. In the end, she turned down her plan.

Sehun drove Chanri back to the company. It was still 5pm and too early for Chanri to go home. Sehun kept his distance from Chanri. He looked like he was in a deep thought.

"Thank you for today, Mr. Oh." Chanri bowed to him before went out from the lift.

As soon as the door closed, Sehun felt so guilty for treating Chanri with a cold shoulder although she didn't do anything wrong. Sehun felt like a childish man right now by letting his anger controlled him. Sehun was afraid if Chanri would hate him because he acted this way. He was scared if Chanri's perspective of him changed. He was scared of losing her.



[A.N] Hello, hello! Of course it is KRIS's gallery! HAHAHAHA... and finally Sera met Chanri for the first time! In the meantime, Chanri didn't know anything about Sera and Sehun's past relationship but she suspected something between them. ^_^ They would meet again later. SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN ON THE NEXT CHAPTER! 

By the way, I had this feeling to write a story about Luhan for the past few days, but I'm kinda stuck of deciding the concept. So.. I need your help to choose what kind of story do you want me to write ;) ? Historical means past time, kings and queens, etc. Thanks before :D