The Start of the End

Coma

It was night and dark on the zebra cross in front the Subway Station. No one was there, no one was looking. There were only 2 highschool students standing side by side. Bang YongGuk, with his thin jacket and scarf covering his uniform. And Song MinRae, with her thick clothing and seemed much more luxurious. They stood next to each other, yet no one dared to talk a thing.

Suddenly, the light went green. It was a permission to cross the road. They were immovable in the first place, when suddenly MinRae decided to look up (she was bowing down her head before) and walk ahead. She left YongGuk without a word, she didn't even look back at him. 

No, she couldn't look back at him. Even for the last time.

 

From her right, a car came rushing in. The light sparked, horns honked, and it just got closer. MinRae viewed her head to the car, she stopped her steps. She freezed at that moment.

Then suddenly YongGuk came running. He shouted her name, but she didn't turn back. Knowing nothing works, he pulled her hand and pushed her back. She fell down on the ground, much further from her original position... Much further from YongGuk.

The car never stopped.

It hit YongGuk before he was even able to call her name again. His glasses fell down, together with his broken body. This time the only one immovable was YongGuk, on the cold asphalt covered with blood coming from his body. He couldn't resist to stay unconscious. He collapsed completely.

 

MinRae reached out to him. Her hands were shaking as they hold her ex boyfriend. Her vision became darker and darker. She couldn't feel anything, not even the blood she's touching. She shouted silently, then soared her scream. Nothing went pass her mind. She couldn't decide what to do next.

She thought it was all her fault. As she fell down in guilt, she kept banging her hand on his chest. She felt as if the one's banging was him, banging inside her heart. Maybe it wasn't 'banging' at all. It was more like a knife, stabbing repeatedly.

"Was it.... too late?"

 

Either was it too late to cry or too late to try. 

 

Cry? or just try to help? Will there be hope?

 

Or was it just time to give up?

 


Sorry if you're confused with the sudden events. Keep reading to know the complete story of what happened before.

I'm sorry if YongGuk will be a bit OOC in this story....