Chapter 4 Ending

Soul-Mate

 

Chapter 4

 

I felt a pinch through my brain as I struggled to wake up. I couldn't see anything as my eyes were glued shut. All I could hear was beeping noises and air gas pumping. I felt someone holding my hand. As soon as my eyes could open and see, the bright light flashed before my eyes. I saw a figure over me blocking the light. My eye was blurred. I couldn't tell who it was but I heard their voice.

 

“Doctor!! Doctor!! She's waking up!” the voice yelled. I heard foosteps as they hurriedly over to my side. The doctor lightly opened my eyes with his hand as he flashed the light in my eyes. “That's a relief! She's awake now...Give her a few minutes to adjust to the lights first...then we'll rerun the MTR once again before deciding when she will go home.

 

“Aigoo...that's a relief then...My sweetie....Thank you doctor, for saving my daughter! Thank you so much!” I heard my mom's voice. What happened to me? I blinked a couple of time to get rid of the fluids that clogged and blurred my eyes. My eyes became watery as a tear rolled down. Why am I crying? I couldn't talk since something was blocking my mouth. I stared across from me and saw my mom's figure as well as my dad. Then two more figure came into the room. I couldn't recognized them quickly enough yet. My eyes were still blurry. “How is she?” they asked. Those voice...I heard them before...

 

“Aigoo...she's alright now...She's awake...the doctor said to let her rest for a bit before running the reports again....” My mom explained as she continues to cry. “That's a relief then....I'm sorry for you, Eonnie...” another ladies voice spoke out.

 

I closed my eyes once again feeling tired somehow...I opened it back up after a minute and scanned the whole room. Where am I? I glanced at my left arm and realize it was hooked up with a needle and wires. What looked like a breathing mask also covered my mouth. Tears started rolling down as I felt the needle pain. My hand was trembling as I lifted my right hand up. Suddenly, a hand came out of no where and grabbed mines. It heldmy hand really tight as if it didn't want to let go. “I'm here...don't worry...Rest yourself first, okay?” the voice spoke out...

 

My eyes moved from the hand to the figure...That voice I recognized. That voice I've been longing to hear after he left from graduation day...As soon as my eyes became more clear, I realized Luhan oppa was sitting there beside me. He held on my hand tightly as tears ran down his cheeks. Before I knew it, my eyes became blurred again due to the tears that came falling down. Luhan oppa...where did you go? What happened to me? I wanted to ask him but my voice wouldn't speak.

 

Luhan folded his fingers against mine as he held it close to his cheeks. I could feel his tears rolling down my hand. I slowly released my hand from his and wiped his tears. “Babo...You still have the strength to even care about wiping my tears, eo?” His trembling voice said.

I smiled and cried even more...So that whole time,about him not knowing who I was, and that Kris oppa, and us being separated was all just a dream?

 

“Sweetie..Don't cry no more....get some rest first, okay? Your dad and I have to get some clothes for you, okay?” My mom said. “Luhannie, take care of her for us, alright? We'll be right back....” She continued before heading out. Luhan quickly stood up and bowed, “Yes, I will...” After they left, his mom and dad came over to my left side...

 

“Poor sweetie...Do you remember what happened?” His dad asked in tear. I tried to remember what happened but all I could remember was just the dream....I slowly shook my head as I stared at his dad who kept weeping. His mom blew her nose and cried even more. “Sweetie, I take you as my daughter as well but I'm very heartbroken that you went through all of this...Seeing you wrapped in wires hurts me so much....How can you be so careless!?” She cried out. I turned to look at Luhan and waited for him to tell me what happened. After he controlled his tears he spoke out and explained.

 

“I'm sorry...it was my fault...really...I'm sorry for causing you to be like this...I...it...it wasn't suppose to be like this...I called you a lot of times but you didn't pick up your phone, so I came searching for you worrying that something might have happened. After seeing you get up from that coffee shop and coming out from it, I yelled out your name...you turned and smiled at me. I end up running towards you but a car came too fast and almost hit me...but instead of almost, you came and blocked it....Right now...i won't forgive myself for causing you so much pain....I'm really sorry....” He released his tears as he covered his eyes and silently cry while still holding my hand.

 

Tears just kept rolling down my face after hearing it....I wanted to tell him that he's forgiven and to not blame himself, but my throat was hurting from holding in those words. His parents stood beside me and cried as well...

 

After what seemed an hour of crying, everyone has settled in and their tears had dried up. I was slightly falling asleep but kept myself up. I didn't want to go sleep yet..I still want to stay awake and hold onto Luhan oppa's hand...What if I sleep, then all this becomes a dream as well...then Luhan oppa will forever disappear from me. “Mom, dad...it's getting late...you guys should go home and get some rest....okay?” Luhan asked his parents who were almost falling asleep on the couch. His dad rubbed his eyes and woke up his mom. “Then, watch over her until tomorrow, okay? I don't think her parents will be coming back. It's already getting late....ah...make sure you get some rest too, both of you...” I nodded slightly. Luhan got up and sent his parents out the door. He came back in the room and closed the door. He walked over to my side once again.

 

He leaned over and wiped my tears that kept falling after It had dried up. “Babo...why do you keep on crying? Get some rest...will you?” He smiled. That Luhan oppa...the one who only calls me Babo...the one who only cares about me....the oppa I use to know...has finally appeared in front of me again...I miss him...

 

“Go sleep okay?” He asked as he laid his hand on my forehead. I shook my head saying no to him, that I don't want to sleep.

 

“Why? You don't wanna sleep?” He asked again. I nodded and slightly smiled at him. My trembled hand moved above my face and reached for his hand. He realizes it and pulled my hand back down, but instead of releasing it, he held it tightly again against his cheeks. “Don't want me to leave you?” He asked. I nodded a bit harder. He chuckled, “Babo...you're really a babo....How can I leave you? I grew up with you...you're my best friend...”

 

Best friend? I thought to myself...I quickly moved my hand away from him. He was surprised. I faced away from to the other side of the room and closed my eyes.

 

“What? You're not my best friend?? What am I to you then??” He asked. He grabbed my hand once again and I turned to look at him...

 

“Okay okay...uh....” he end up feeling a bit awkward...Before I could take my hand away from again, he held it tightly. “I know...I know that you started falling for me... but....I never thought that I too, had fallen for you as well....and I'm sorry...to have stood you up at the coffee shop that one day....I seriously really didn't have my phone with me...I came early and waited for you inside, but had a phone call from my mom and she told me to go pick up my noona....I didn't realize I have left my phone until I dropped off my sister at the bank. I hurried back to the shop but that waitress told me that you already left. I even ask her if she had seen my phone, but she said no since the shop was busy around that time. Someone must have taken it...” I wanted to pull my hand away again, and yelled out 'Liar' but I didn't want to upset him again. So...i forgive him...even when he didn't lie.

 

As if he could read my mind, I asked him why he wanted to meet me that day at the coffee shop...

 

“The reason why I wanted to meet you was....that...I wanted to ….confess...that I liked you from before ...but I felt that you might not have fallen for me so ...i decided to just stay as friend...that's why I've been distancing myself from you...if I distant myself, then maybe over time, my feelings would change...but...I tried everyday...I watched you from afar at school while you had fun with your girls...I loved to see you smile...as long as you smile, then that's all it matters to me....really...” He explained.

 

I whispered to him but only air would blow inside the mask. He leaned over with his ears towards the mask... “what did you say?” he asked.

 

“BABO!” I loudly whispered. My voice was a little husky...He quickly leaned back and yelled, “I'M NOT A BABO! ONLY I CAN CALL YOU BABO....Babo!”

 

I smiled after seeing his smile and hearing his laugh...Oh how much I miss the time when we laugh so much til our stomach hurts...Such happy memory like ours is hard to forget...the time we spent being friends to falling in love....We will never ever sperate, and that's for sure....

 

 

A year later after being released from the hospital, our graduation has passed just like that. I'm now working part time at the coffee shop and became a full time student at Seoul University. I wanted to major in arts and becoming the best coffee maker shop. That's why I'm taking internship at my work place. For Luhan...I'm not sure what he's doing right now...I haven't talked to him nor see him for a while....

 

I'm just kidding...what I meant was that, what he is doing right now at this current time and I haven't talked to him on the phone for a while....since this morning...and I'm missing him already....

 

Luhan oppa also got into Seoul University and working his way up as a Business CEO for an Entertainment company....Hmmm...I don't know what his company name will be but hopefully, it won't be a babo name...heheehhe... As far as our relationship is coming...hm...it's still a bit awkward but it's progressing slowly....He likes everything to be perfect for me...He such a sweet boy....right?

 

OH...I gotta go pick him up...Since he didn't feel like taking his car this morning. “Eonnie! I'm heading out first!” I shouted out to my co-worker as I took off my apron and walked out the door.

 

I jumped into my car and the engine. I looked in the mirror and slightly fixed my hair and make up... I looked out for cars on my right side and quickly merged in then, pulled up a block away from the coffee shop....Yep.....his work is not that far from the coffee shop....Yeah...I could have just let him walk instead....hehe...

 

Luhan oppa came out from the tall building and was wearing a black shiny suit. He took off his suit coat and got inside the car.

 

“Sweetie, where do you wanna go? You wanna eat?” He asked me after he gave a peck on the cheek...

“Hm........go try on my wedding dress....” I replied. “is it today??” He asked in shock... “You forgot??” I yelled at him...

 

He smiled, “No....I'm just kidding...” I angrily pushed him towards the other door as he laughed his head off....I turned quickly pushed my gas pedal and merged into the other lane as cars honked from behind. “YAAAAAHH!!!” He screamed out as we drove away...

 

Yes....that's the end of my best-friend falling in love story...I was glad that we stuck together and never separated, though that dream did kind of felt real...and Sorry....to that Kris oppa...Although I don't know who he is after waking up, I still wanted to say I'm sorry...We were suppose to get married after graduation, but fate didn't make it happen....but instead, made us, Luhan and I, happened.

 

“Live happily ever after...” Luhan said as he held and kissed my hand while we stood in front of the altar while the preach continues on with his speech.

 

THE END!

(Exclusive Content --->)