Three

Espresso

Minae's POV:

It was when his hand started slithering up my shirt that I realized what I was actually doing. Eyes widening, I pushed him off of me and without even realizing, my hand landed on his cheek. Immediately cowering right after, I took a step back and ran into the back room, making sure to lock the door.

Placing a hand over my chest, I took several deep breaths while leaning my head against the wall.

Did that really just happen? Did I actually kiss the Kai?

Carefully getting up, I took a peek through the window in the door and watched as Kai stood behind the counter. Curious about his actions, I waited and was surprised to see him turn on the faucet, cleaning the two coffee cups I had left on the counter. Feeling a little guilty for my earlier action when he was being so nice right now, I bit my lower lip and froze in place.

I wanted to run out to him. I wanted to apologize and explain my actions, but he had already left the cafe. Sighing, I unlocked the door and walked out, grabbing my jacket on the way. Locking up the store for the second time that night, I sullenly headed towards the bus stop again.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq_fk8j8Ryg2U4thYGYZJ

Waking up the next morning, I stood up and stretched my arms. Walking towards the mirror, I groaned when I saw my bloated lips. Blushing at what had happened last night, I hurried into the bathroom and got ready for school. I owed an apology to someone.

As I got off the bus, I immediately walked towards the gaint map of the university near the front entrance. Taking my finger, I located the dance studio and began planning out a route. 

Honestly, I was really glad I decided to look for Kai. The walk there went through the school garden, a place I had never been to before. Smiling as I looked at the little flowers perched along the path, I took small steps, wanting to extend my time here for as long as I could.

Reaching a giant dome building, I paused in front of the door before finally taking a step inside.

The interior of the place simply amazed me - starting with its mirrored walls to its spotless dance floor. Having never been in place like this before, I took cautious steps, fearing I would mess something up. Hesitantly looking through the window of each room, I found the person I had been looking for.

Slowly turning the door handle, I walked in and took a seat in the back as he continued to dance, his eyes closed and his ears blocked from the headphones he was wearing. His every action managed to amaze me, filled with so much passion and fluidity.

"Are you going to keep staring at me like that?"

Snapping out of my thoughts, I stood up and blushed as he tossed the headphones onto the floor. Watching as he grabbed a water bottle, I gulped when I saw several drops of water dripping down his sweaty neck.

Curse that damn body. Curse that muscle tee he's wearing too.

Propping one shoulder against the wall, he walked up right in front of me and waited.

"Was there something you wanted to say to me?"

I continued to stare at him in silence, looking for the right words to say. He obviously became irritated as he let out a puff of air, blowing at the sweaty bangs that were sticking to his forehead.

"I wanted to apologize."

He cocked an eyebrow and shot me an amused look.

"I was taken by surprise, so my hand just kind of moved on its own. I've just never been in a situation like that before..."

Kai nodded understandingly.

"I get it. I took you by surprise. Anyone could've reacted the way you did. I should be the one apologizing for my behavior. I'm sorry."

Breathing a sigh of relief, I gave him a smile.

"It's fine. I can't say I didn't like it."

He chuckled.

"You should probably be going now. Don't you have classes to attend to?"

Eyes widening, I immediately scurried towards the door, looking back once more.

"Why don't you come over to the cafe tonight?"

He winked at me.

"You've got yourself a date."

Gnawing at my lower lip, I opened the door and walked out, running into a beautiful girl on the way. Brushing off my knees, I apologized to the girl and she kindly waved it off.

"No biggie. It happens to the best of us."

Awed by her grace, I watched in silence as she continued going her way. 

Girls like her had to be fricking honored. People with such looks didn't come so humble like that. There was nothing that I could possibly dislike about the girl.

Except maybe for the fact that she walked into Kai's room.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq_fk8j8Ryg2U4thYGYZJ