Chapter 1

Two Sides of One Sun (Hiatus)

     There have always been angels and demons. They maintain the balance of the world. Every angel is mated to a demon, and no unmated angels or demons exist. They would set off the balance that has been carefully maintained for so long. Every time an angel is killed, the demon it's mated to dies at exactly the same time. Then, they are reincarnated together. They know from the moment they're reborn that they are mated to each other. It's been like that since the dawn of time, but something is wrong with the balance now. It seems that there is some new creature that is somehow destroying the delicate balance. YoungSaeng said, watching HyunJoong, his leader, to see what his reaction was.

 

     'No matter how many times I hear that from the seer, I still have no more clue what it means. Of course I can feel the imbalence, but how are we supposed to find something when even the seer has no idea what it is? This is more complicated then it seemed when we accepted it!' HyunJoong thought. He and his group had been trying to track whatever was messing up the balance for months now, but every search was inconclusive. Despite that, the seer always said it was out there. What could it be though? The seer himself had said that it was something other than angels and demons, but nothing other than angels and demons could affect the balance. The very thought that something like that could exist was rediculous, but the seer had assured them that it was true. "Thank you YoungSaeng, I'll figure something out." 'I guess we have to leave again tomorrow' With that thought in mind, he walked away, looking for his mate. It had been a long journey last time, but they would be leaving again tomorrow.

 

     "YoungSaeng assures me that there is still something out there, and I'm sure you can all feel it. We leave tomorrow. Get some sleep." HyunJoong said before leaving with his mated angel, HyungJoon. The younger had been talking to HyunJoong since he returned from speaking with YoungSaeng. They agreed that they had to at least try and find what the seer was speaking of. They could both feel the painful pull of the balance, but it wasn't pulling either way like it had in the past. There was something messing with the balance, but it wasn't knocking the balance to the side of angels or demons.

 

     "What's bothering you hyung?" HyungJoon asked, stretching his massive white wings behind him. It had been a long time since he had seen his mate so worried, and it made him worry that they may be trying to do the impossible.

 

     "It's just the fact that I can't tell where the imbalance is. It's leaning in no direction, so I don't really know where to start." HyunJoong replied, his massive black wings drooping in response to his mood. His wings had always given him away around HyungJoon, but he had never been able to figure out why. It didn't happen if there were others there, so he figured it had something to do with their connection. Either way, it made it impossible to hide his feelings from his mate, so he didn't bother lying.

 

     "Don't worry, we'll figure it out." HyunJoong said, noting how his mate's wings rose slightly after he said it. "We have the other three to help us if the two of us can't find it. Even if it takes all our lives, the five of us will always be a family."

 

     "Thank you HyungJoon, it means a lot to know you support this journey. I just hope the others feel the same way." with that, HyunJoong settled down on the bed, HyungJoon finding a comfortable spot with his back pressed against HyunJoong's chest. They fell asleep like that, prepared to face whatever was to come as long as they were able to face it together.