Chapter 2

Two Different Worlds

Louis groaned, trying to un-work all the kinks in his neck. The flight to Seoul had seemed endless, and he was incredibly sore now. Glancing at s he could tell that they felt similarly. The five of them were currently in a van with SHINee’s manager heading to wherever their dorm was. That’s another weird thing, they all lived in a dorm together. Don’t they get sick of each other?  He lived with Harry, but they often went out and did things by themselves, he supposed if that’s what SHINee did then it would be fine. 

Yawning, he again looked at s. He was sitting up in the front next to SHINee’s manager, Niall and Harry sat behind him in the second row, both of them staring out the window at the unfamiliar surroundings. Behind them Zayn and Liam were in the back, they were sharing headphones and talking quietly to themselves.

Feeling the van pull to a stop he turned to look out the window. They had pulled up in front of a huge building. It was just your average modern apartment building, around it were dozens of identical buildings and a small park. It was nothing like the beautiful house he and Harry shared and he wondered what it was like to only have this to come home to.

With a smile, SHINee’s manager, who had introduced himself as Park Hyukdae and told them to call him either Manager Park, or Manager-hyung, smiled got out of the van and gestured for the boys to join him. When all the boys were out of the car he started walking into the building, gesturing for them to follow.

“SHINee live on the 12th floor. They only have two bedrooms, but I’m sure that they will work something out,” he told them. Only two rooms? This will be crowded. Louis sighed again and they all made their way into the elevator. The ride to the 12th floor was silent, everyone was simply too tired to make conversation. When they reached the 12th floor they were met with noise.

The sound of shouting was echoing down the hallway, occasionally accompanied by a loud bang. Manager Park sighed and started muttering to himself in Korean as he walked down the hallway towards the noise. The British boys exchanged hesitant looks before following. Within seconds they reached the door all the noise seemed to be coming from and SHINee’s manager quickly punched in a code to unlock the door and push it open. Quickly following him inside Louis was shocked at what he saw.

The apartment was fairly clean except for the kitchen. Pots and pans were thrown everywhere, there was rice on the floor, and what looked like noodles was covering a counter. Standing in the middle of the mess were five boys. One of them, had dark brown, curly, medium length hair. He looked like he was the tallest of the group, maybe about 6 foot, but it was hard to tell, he was screaming at another much shorter boy. This one had slightly longer wavy brown hair, and looked significantly shorter. Each was being held back by two other boys, and the fifth was standing in the middle pushing on their chest to attempt to keep them apart. The one in the middle looked up as the door opened, he had light brown straight hair just reaching his shoulders and he looked desperate. He yelled something is hurried Korean and the fighting boys quickly stopped and spun towards the door.

“Onew, what is going on here?” Their manager asked, using English for the boys behind him.

 “Um, we were cleaning and Minho-ah got mad at Jonghyun-ah because Jonghyun-ah moved his things, and the started screaming again. You know how they are,” the boy said in barely accented English.

“Ah, yes, I suppose I do. Keep them in control next time. Now introduce yourself,” he scolded.

Turning to face their guest, SHINee bowed as one, rose and said, “Annyehonghaseo, bitnaneun SHINee-imnida!”

“Um, hi,” Louis said quietly, somewhat stunned by the greeting, “I’m Louis, and this is Harry, Liam, Niall, and Zayn. We’re One Direction.” The Korean boys smiled and bowed again before introducing themselves individually.

“Hello, my name is Onew, I’m the leader of SHINee.”

“My name is Jonghyun.”

“You can call me Key, but my real name is Kibum.”

“I’m Minho.”

“Hello, my name is Taemin.”

“Now that you have met each other, I’m going home,” SHINee’s manager said in English. He then turned to the Korean boys and spoke in rapid Korean before bowing and walking out the door.

The ten boys all turned to look at each other awkwardly before Niall shifted and said, “So, what now?”

“Good question. Would you guys like a quick tour? It’s not that big and is probably a mess, but I could at least show you your room.” Onew said. Louis nodded, agreeing for the group. It  was an incredibly awkward atmosphere and he was hoping doing something other than staring at each other would help. “Alright great! Minho-ah, Jonghyun-ah, you get to clean the kitchen” he said with a glare to the two people who had been fighting. The two groaned but nodded grudgingly.

One of the other boys, who had said his name was Key grabbed Louis’ arm and started pulling him farther into the dorm. Startled Louis cast a desperate glance at Harry who just laughed and followed along.

“So, me and Onew are the only ones with any decent English, so you’ll probably talk to us the most. Don’t try to talk to Taemin, he thinks he amazing, but can’t even hold a conversation with a three year-old.” He gossiped to Louis.

The British boys all laughed as the person in question attempted to defend his English and failed miserably.

“Ok,” Onew interrupted, “This is the living room, bedrooms and the bathroom are just down the hall, and of course you saw the kitchen. We cleared out one of the bedrooms, and found some cots to put in there. It’s not a hotel, but hopefully it won’t be too bad.”

“That’s great thank you!” Louis said, smiling. It would be a bit crowded but he didn’t really mind and he doubted that the others would either.

Key grinned, “We’ll let you guys get comfortable. We have the night off, so we were just going to hang out and watch a drama. You guys are probably tired, so go ahead and go to sleep if you want!” With that he walked away, dragging Taemin behind him. Onew bowed with a smile and also left. Louis turned to survey the room. It wasn’t that big, the five beds barely fit, and they would have to climb over the other beds to get to the closet but overall not too bad. There were pictures taped to the wall, the boys of SHINee in most of them, but it looked like there were some family shots, as well as some with friends. Louis sighed and flopped onto the bed, the gasped when someone fell on top of him.

“Get. Off me. Now,” he growled through gritted teeth. The person laughed and pulled themselves upright.

“Oh relax Louis, I’m not that heavy!” Niall protested with a laugh.

“Whatever, I’m going to bed.”

“Goodnight!”

“Night mate.”

Sleep tight!”

“Night.”