Chapter 1

Two Different Worlds

“Harry! Hurry up!” Louis called over his shoulder. “ We’ve got to get to the airport or we will be miss our flight!” Louis sighed. This was ridiculous. How long does it take to grab a suitcase and walk out the door? He was really starting to panic because if he could not get himself and the other four members of One Direction in the car in the next five seconds, they were going to miss their flight. They were flying to Seoul, South Korea, apparently, a “Korean version of us”, as Zayn put it, wanted to do a collaboration with them. Louis wasn’t overly excited. We’re going to fly all the way there, record a song, and the producers are going to plop in a couple lines from this group to make us more popular there, then we will be back on the plane to London. Fun.

“Harry hurry up! We will be leaving in five seconds whether you are in the van or not.” Louis yelled out before pulling himself into the car and counting loudly, “Five. Four. Three. Tw-“

“I’m coming, I’m coming! Jeez, calm down!” And running out the door with his suitcase bouncing down the steps behind him came Harry Styles.

“So,” he said as he climbed into the van after stowing his luggage safely in the boot, “Who is this group we’re working with again?”

“They’re called SHINee, capital S-H-I-N, then e-e. They are a Korean boy band under the label SM Entertainment. They’re about our age, but released their first single, Replay, 6 years ago.” Liam called from the front.

“SHINee? Do you think they shine?” Niall asked with a giggle. Oh god. Louis thought. This is going to be just great. I wonder what they’re like? Do they even speak English? This will be very interesting if they don’t. And what sort of food do they have in Korea? If its anything like Japan I might just lose 10 pounds. Thinking back to their tour in Japan, Louis shuddered. He was not a fan of any ethnic food to speak of, so having almost no access to anything he deemed edible, and refusing to try anything new, or that looked a little strange, he lost any extra body fat he had.

Shaking himself out of his thoughts, he turned and looked at his fellow members.

It had been almost three years since Simon Cowell put them together on X-Factor, and at the time he never expected what had happened to happen. With the release of their first single “What Makes You Beautiful”, One Direction was almost instantly an international hit. They had already done tours on almost all the continents, and had released 3 albums.

Deciding to take a nap,  he poked and prodded Niall, who was sitting next to him, until he was at a good angle for Louis to rest his head on. Reclining onto his friend, he closed his eyes and promptly fell asleep.

 


 

Onew sighed. This was absolutely insane. How are we supposed to perform and teach a group that only communicate fully with two of them? He had just been told by his manager that himself and the four other SHINee members, Taemin, Minho, Jonghyun, and Key, would be collaborating with the British boy band One Direction. None of them were in the least bit happy. They had all heard of One Direction of course, who hadn't? But they were weird. They sang about the same things we do for the most part, but they don't dance, and they take a very, relaxed view on life. It was very different from the strict, controlled life they had. Their music, was slightly different but was overall similar, the big difference was their style. They were relaxed and carefree. They didn't have choreography, they just kinda jumped around on stage. It was very strange to him, but it was a different culture, so he couldn't really judge them

He looked out the window of the van as it sped toward the dorm. He was not looking forward to the challenge in front of him. One Direction were supposed to arrive that night, so he only had a few hours to clean the dorm and get all s presentable. It was not an easy challenge. The dorm was trashed as they had been busy with performances, and the noona that usually cleaned it for them was on vacation. He didn't think they would be able to clean it in a day let alone a couple hours, but he could certainly try!

 He sighed again as the van pulled up in front of the dorm building, wearily, he climbed out and walked into the building. quickly climbing the stairs, he walked into the dorm.

"Yah! Everyone get in here now!" He yelled as he walked into the living room, soon enough he was surrounded by four semi-hyper young adults. Minho and Key were arguing over something, Taemin was trying to calm them down, and Jonghyun was watching with an amused expression. Onew frowned as he waited for them to shut up and pay attention. Then he frowned more when they didn't. Then finally, he just kicked Minho. Unfortunately, he didn't have the best balance, and ended up toppling over onto the couch. s laughed, but at least he got their attention.

"Listen up! We are going to do a collaboration with the British boy-band One Direction. Manager-hyung forgot to tell us until today, so we we only have a couple hours to clean until they get here." He said, trying not to sound as stressed as he was. "Any questions?'

            "Do they speak asked Korean?" Taemin asked curiously. Onew sighed.

            "No, they don't know any Korean, so me and Key will probably do most of the talking, although Manager-hyung said that there will be a translator available sometimes.

            "Are they staying here?" Minho asked, frowning.

"I believe so," Onew replied, "So for now we will all share one room, and they will share the other. We can asked Manager hyung if they could drop off some cots. Ok! Minho, Key, start moving your things into our room. Taemin, you are in charge of cleaning the kitchen. Jonghyun, you put things back where they go in all rooms, I'll clean the living room."

"Got it."

"Neh."

         "Why do I have to pick up everything?"  

"Just do it!"