Of rainy lunchtimes and beautiful orbs

Of rainy lunchtimes and beautiful orbs

 

I surreptitiously glance up from my book to see if he is still in that seat. Good. He hasn't moved. I catch a glimpse of him looking up from an anthology before rapidly shooting my stare back down to the love poem on the yellowing page. Trying to control the heat that was inching up my neck, I turn the page and try to focus on an analysis of 'Valentine'.

Setting to work, my heart soon manages to calm down. It’s an okay poem, but I don't really understand the logic of giving someone an onion. Yes, I understand the poem, but onions?! Seriously?!

“Alright everyone. Pack up now. Lunch is in 2 minutes. Hurry!” Mrs. Crookes barks across the room. I hastily pack my exercise book and anthology away, not before replacing the stationery back into the pencil case. Crookes is okay when she wants to be but tardiness and laziness are things she doesn’t tolerate. Forgetting to put a pen back will give earn me a 5 minute detention at the beginning of lunch. To some, that’s okay. Only 5 minutes, right? But to me, 5 minutes costs the whole of lunch. Why? Because if I arrive late to the library, the computers will be taken and I’ll have nothing to do but sit around watching all the early ones enjoy their 40 minutes. How nice.

Quite unfortunately, my table is left right until the very last. Why? Because I sit with the tardiest pupils. Still copying down their homework, they have not had the chance to tidy their books up, so here I am, glaring at the floor angrily, wishing I can move to another table. Preferably with Jackson. No. Wait. What am I saying? That’s just stupid. Jackson has better things to do than an ugly little nerd.

“Okay, now you can go.”

Finally. I rush out of class as quickly as I possibly can without running and head to my sanctuary. Nice. The computers have been taken. No fun for me.

I scan the shelves for something that looks at least as interesting as my all time favourite series and find nothing plausible. Deciding that a random book would be better than none, I grab a random book and sink down into the nearest seat, fuming. Stupid teacher.

The book’s not that bad. At least, without being so confusing, it is. About a girl who meets a guy while on a tour of Europe. She falls in love and they elope. Sweet. Yet cliché. Definitely not my cup of tea. Especially when I feel like punching the first person to appear in my line of vision.

Then, of course, as in all rosy romances, the Jackson appears in front of me and pushes the angry feelings away. But of course, the first person in my line off vision happens to be my least favourite librarian, Ms. Reid. And she’s walking towards me, that triumphant smirk on her face as she catches sight of my bright headset. Dang. I take them off, in preparation for her mini lecture about the no-mobile- devices-in-the-buildings rule.

“____, you know the rules. This is the umpteenth time I’ve seen them out. I’m not having it in my library. Pass them over. Now. Yes, and the music player too, thank you.”

“I was going to hand them over anyway. You don’t have to be so happy about it.” I muttered beneath my breath.

“No answering back.

“Does it look like I’m answering back?” I question rudely. Quite frankly, I’ve had enough. About seeing my headphones for the umpteenth time. I’ve only had these headphones for 2 weeks. No more. Such a liar. I shove all of my things back into my shoulder bag and storm off, not hearing her angry shouts.

I sit outside on one of the benches spreading my blazer beneath me; it's rainy. I hate rain

I take my phone out and start flicking through random files and images.

“Hey.” It's Jackson. For a second, I gaze up at him. A few drops of rain have set on his recently cropped hair and they add to his perfection as his outline gleams in the rays of sunlight that have just began to shine.

“A-ah, hi!” I half croak and squeak.

“What’re you doing here in the rain?”

I clear my throat as inaudibly as possible and answer, “Just sitting.”

“Well, can I sit here too?”

“Um, yeah, sure! Go ahead!”

“Thank you,” he replies with a smile, bending down to sit beside me on my blazer. I won’t lie this time. He’s sitting so close. An inner part of me squeals in embarrassment while his hand knocks into mine as he takes out his headphones.

“I saw what happened in the library. You’re probably going to have to wait until the end of the day to get them back,” he starts.

“I don’t care.”

“Let’s share mine, they’re long enough.”

“Oh, it’s okay! You don’t have to!” I counter. I can’t use his headphones. They don’t seem to be as long as he says and we’ll have to sit extra close. My heart won’t be able to take it.

“It doesn’t matter, sharing is caring!” he words out with a cheesy smile.

“So you care about me, now?!” I cheekily question.

“Why, of course I do! You’re a nice person.” Nice, he says. I like that word.

“Thanks.”

“For what?”

“Just.. for random stuff, I guess...” I trail off awkwardly.

 “Oh-okay then… Here.” He hands me the right earphone, shuffling slightly closer while plugging them into my phone. We pick a song, ‘Missing You’ by 2NE1 and we listen intently as we sway to the sweet melodies, our eyes shut.

As the song comes to an end, we open our eyes simultaneously and I find myself lost in his beautiful chocolate brown orbs.

Rain continues to fall slowly onto his crimson lips as they gradually inch towards my own equally wet ones. Our lips make contact for a second before he begins moving his against mine, conjuring massive fireworks in my stomach. I am kissing Jackson Wang. He is kissing me back.

Some sort of electric force flows around my body. It’s similar to the feeling I get whenever I think of something happy, but better. A million times better and more intense.

Our lips break contact and I miss the touch of his warm cheeks against my own freezing ones. I miss the presence of his soft lips against my own chapped ones. Most of all, I miss the love and care he put into this kiss.

I find myself once again looking into those beautiful orbs, dumbfounded by the incident from 2 seconds ago.

“____, go out with me.” He demands.

Of course, I’m too stunned to answer and I just keep staring into his eyes. Into his soul.

“Helloooo! ____ _______!” he waves as if trying to wake me up from my reverie and I hastily reply with a lame question of ‘What?!”

“Oh, I was just asking if you would care to be my girlfriend… But it doesn’t matter if you don’t want to…” he slumps.

“No! I mean yes! I’ll be your girlfriend!” I swiftly reply back, still not breaking contact with his eyes.

“Really?! You will?!” his eyes, previously quite disheartened from my lack of answer, light up in pure happiness and love. They’re so beautiful.

“Of course! Forever and ever!”


 

 

So, I thought of this 4 hours before Valentine's ended... And it was so awkward to write. Kiss scenes are easy to read but much more difficult to write! My first kiss scene with Jackson. Milestone surpassed xD

I was having a conversation with one of my Eonnies here about how some idols understand English and do read stories on this site. And guess what, Jackson is multilingual. He understand many languages, one of those languages is English. I hope he doesn't ever think about reading fanfics of himself in English XD

I'm listening to 'Frozen In Time' by Sunmi and Jackson. I had it on reply for over 30 minutes... XD I really like the song, so I recommend listening to it. You'll love it^^

Also, I have something to say to you all.

Eonnies, Dongsaengs, Oppas, I've been a Bee Eye Tea See Heitch. I know. Please know that I have been very out of it lately. And tired too.

Thank you for bearing with me. And, of course, for reading this far.

I really love you all <333

- lovejunsu

PS. when thinking of my username, I never thought about names being Capitalized. I feel so stupid...

Bye for real now {^_^}