Chapter One

Angel without wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter one

15th February 2014

"Thank you for your hard work." The five girls said as they bowed to the casts of production. They just ended their interview with a magazine and it concluded their schedules of the day. Soyul boarded the van first followed by the twins, Gummi and Ellin. 

"Ouh, it's so cold." Way said, rubbing her hands together.

"Cold?" Choa asked and Way nodded. Choa rubbed her hands and placed it on top of her sister's. They giggled as Soyul quietly watched. 

"Thank you, unnie." Way said and they shared their sibling-smile. Soyul sighed loudly.

"What's wrong, Soyul-ah? Are you okay?" Gummi asked from the the middle seat.

Soyul shook her head. "Nothing, unnie. I'm tired, can you please wake me up when we arrive at the dorm?" 

Gummi turned back to look at Soyul. She was worried at the maknae. Lately, maknae Soyul had worked so hard. "Okay. Rest your eyes."

Gummi watched as Soyul plugged in her earphones and turned her iPod on and closed her eyes. Gummi continued to watch over Soyul for a minute and smiled as she sank back into her seat. Her mind flashed back to a few weeks ago.


5th January 2014 

Gummi's POV 

Today was a day for Dream Team recording for New Year Special. The match was traditional wrestling among the girl groups. I rubbed my hands together, trying to chase away the cold. Sitting next to me was our forever maknae, Soyul. She looked somehow lost in thoughts. 

"Soyul-ah, what are you doing?" I asked her and she immediately snapped to reality.

"Nothing." She smiled. "Is unnie cold?" She asked and retrieved something from her pocket. "Here, use this." I looked at her hand to see a hot pack.

"Oh, no, it's okay. Maknae can have it." I pushed away her hand.

"No, you have it. It's okay. Soyul is strong." She put it in my hand and flexed her arms. "Soyul will be okay so, unnie can have it."

I smiled. How come people said our maknae Soyul has no aegyo at all? Soyul was all about aegyo. She didn't have to try some aegyo because she was made of aegyo!

"If that so, okay. Thank you." I said and she just nodded.

"Unnie, who do you think will win the match among the guests today?" She asked.

"Ummm, who do we have today?" I paused, thinking.

"We have Dal Shabet, Rainbow, TAHITI, 2EYES, Nine Muses, AOA and Crayon Pop." Soyul answered. "Ah,and Bab Shabet."

At the mention of Bab Shabet, I smiled. "I think Bab Shabet will win. Don't you think so?"

Soyul pouted. "Really? I wish we will win this time too, just like the one we won back then." She added.

I smiled at her pout. "Soyul wants to win?" She nodded with the pout and her puppy eyes staring at me. "Okay then, today I will make sure we win. For Soyul, I will make sure we win." Soyul flashed me her eye smiles and I was determined to win.

Indeed, we won our first match against the opposite team, Nine Muses. At first, we were so burdened as we were the last representative from the red team to fight and if we lost, it would blow the chance of the red team to move into the semi-final. 

The next match was against the blue team, 2EYES. Again, we won and it was thanks to Soyul that saved the team. And finally, it was the final against Bab Shabet team. It was a parody team of Dal Shabet formed by the Gag Concert comedians, Lee Heekyung, Park Soyoung and Kang Minkyung. I might come out as greedy if I say this but we had came to this far and I really wanted to win the match.

But unfortunately, I lost to Lee Heekyung sunbae and I was really disappointed. When I looked at Soyul, she had this sad smile on her face but still, she came to my side and hugged me. 

"It's okay, unnie, it's okay." She whispered in my ears and rubbed my back. Soyul was next to wrestle against Park Soyoung sunbae and she won easily. And now, the point of red team is tied to the blue team by 1:1. Our coach, Choi Hongman pulled me and Soyul aside.

"This is the final match. The blue team will probably send in Lee Heekyung again. Gummi, you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter