Confession

Stolen Moments Between Two

Eunhyuk returned to his dorm. It had been a long day, he just wanted to hear her voice before he went to bed.

He pulled out his phone and unlocked it to reveal a picture of her smiling at him. He had to get it off the internet since she wasn't too keen on sending pictures out. The part of her that rejected doing cute things was just another part of her charm. After staring at his phone for a while he then pressed "Send". Up popped his last calls, he scrolled and stopped at.  

Gyul

He pressed "Send" after closing the door to his clean room.

It was late and he was risking waking her up but even if she was sleeping and answered the phone groggy and upset, he'd just be happy to hear her voice.

Gyuri blinked her eyes, she had just gotten to bed and was just about to fall asleep.

She looked over to her ringing phone. It was Eunhyuk. She pulled her phone to her ear and answered.

"Hello?"

"Were you sleeping?" He asked hoping she wasn't upset at him.

"Not yet." She lied. She knew Eunhyuk had been having a hard time and he called her for a reason, she also felt sorry she couldn't be with him. 

"I wanna see you. Can you put it on video?"

"It's dark in my room, Hyukjae." The sound of his real name on her lips made him feel great.

"It's okay then."

"Are you okay?" Gyuri asked.  

"Gyuri, do you remember when I confessed to you?"  Having her on the phone and hearing her voice he wanted to keep her on longer.

"Uhn, why?"

"I think about it a lot. I still feel nervous thinking about it."

"You're funny."

"It's almost going to be a year." He smiled.

"Already?"

"It feels like it was only the other day that I talked with you after that filming."

"I remember."

"I was so nervous."

---

He had seen his schedule, Nocturnal with guests "Kara." What amazing fortune. He hadn't seen Gyuri in a while and was happy to know he'd see her again in person. Being on Sukira with her he had developed a bit of a crush. She was funny, witty, beautiful and charming. She didn't pretend to be the perfect idol and she only ever pretended to be arrogant for her fan's amusement. She wasn't a 'easy' girl. He liked that. He liked her. But he'd never made it known to her. he doubted he ever would. There was something he wanted to reveal to her today though. How he recommended her to Shindong. He wanted her to know at least a little bit of how he felt.

The show went well and as a special MC, he was able to share his story of recommending Gyuri. When he did, she caught him off guard.

"Are you interested in me?" She had asked him frankly. He should have known her by now to be this way but he still felt as if his secret had gotten out. For two seconds he lost face. He then tried to cover up by laughing and denying but she really had gotten him...and on TV as well.

By the end of the show, the incident had been forgotten. During a break Gyuri had walked off by herself, like she usually did. It was relaxing for her to get some alone time. Out there she saw Eunhyuk sitting on a bench. She had felt a little bad for teasing him publicly about both the phones numbers and him picking Jiyoung over her. Eunhyuk had become a good friend to her but inside she knew that a part of her liked him more than that... but she didn't want to be the first to admit it.

It was because of her "concept" that many guys didn't openly admit liking her and she knew that... but if they didn't take the time to get to know her beyond the concept they must not care enough. So it wasn't such a big deal to her.

She approached Eunhyuk, who seemed to be lost in his own thoughts.

"Eunhyuk-shii?"

"Uhn? Oh, I mean Hey!" He was surprised to see Gyuri out and about.

She sat beside him. "It's really true you recommended me?"  

He smiled. "Yeah I did. I knew you'd be perfect. I was right wasn't I?"

She smiled. "Thanks, it's a really great opportunity. I love doing it."

"You're welcome." He hadn't noticed she was sitting right next to him. He felt his heat beat quicken. Not good.

"I'm sorry I teased you a little back there, I was just doing it for fun." Gyuri said apologizing to him.

"It's okay... I actually didn't mind too much." He started regretting his denial to her earlier. Maybe if he was truthful she be nervous around him too. Maybe she liked him too. Maybe If he was just honest... He turned to look at her. Her blonde hair made her look even more like a goddess, he lost a part of his confidence.  

"Eunhyuk-shii, I hope we get to work together again soon. I miss working with you." She was being honest, she felt he had become a great friend to her and she missed seeing him often.

Gyuri got up to walk back to the filming area. Eunhyuk wanted to tell her that he missed her too, that he liked her that he wanted to see her everyday if he could. He wanted to be with her, to be important to her.

Instead of telling her everything he just reached for her arm.

"I am interested in you." He said quietly.

Gyuri stopped moving. "Huh?" She didn't think she heard him properly.

Eunhyuk started to feel embarrassed that he had grabbed her arm and confessed but he repeated himself louder. 

"I AM interested in you."

Gyuri looked over to him. She felt a chill. She did hear him correctly. He had said he was interested. She felt her cheeks flush. She didn't know what to do. Eunhyuk looked up to meet her eyes. She looked surprised and flustered, she had been rendered speechless.

"Gyuri, will you... do you." He started mumbling. "Do you want to go out with ...me?" He let her arm go. He had finally done it. He told her how he felt.

Gyuri thought to herself. She knew from gossip that Eunhyuk had just gotten out of a different relationship but that didn't bother her...no matter his reasons for telling her and asking her now, she was just happy to hear that her feelings weren't completely one sided.

"I'd like that." She responded carefully.

"You would?" He asked looking at her.

"Yeah."

"Okay, um.. well."

"You still have my number right?" She asked.

"Uh, yeah, yeah I do..." He stuttered.

"Well then, call me whenever."

"Yeah, I will."

Gyuri walked back followed by Eunhyuk. The atmosphere had been altered.

 ---

"It took you two weeks to even call me." Gyuri said back to Eunhyuk over the phone.

"Do you know how nervous I was to even tell you anything?" He replied back. "Why did you tell me okay?"

"Are you really asking that question almost a year later?"

"Yes I am. So tell me, Why?"

"It's late. I need to sleep at least a little." Gyuri said avoiding the question.

"I want to hear you say it." He pressed on.

"Eunhyuk-shii!"

"Park Gyuri! Tell me!"

Gyuri stared at her phone. She felt her face flush. "I said okay because I liked you for a long time too, okay?"

Eunhyuk smiled. He knew she hated doing things like that. So it was even more special when she did them.

"You really liked me that much?" He asked playfully over the phone.

"Go to sleep." 

"Visit me in my dreams?" He asked.

"Ugh!! Go to sleep!!" He was being embarrassing again.

"I will I will." He said back to her strong rejecting voice.

"Goodnight, sleep well." She said to him.

"You too, goodnight." 

Gyuri hung up. Now she was gonna dream about him... It always happened whenever he called her before bed. He's too much...but she liked that about him. Gyuri tried to calm herself and get some sleep.

Eunhyuk closed his phone happily. Hearing her voice again made all the hardships of the day disappear. His head hit his pillow and he dreamt of her.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hyukri <3 n_n I wanted to share the story of how I imagine things went when he asked her out in my fantastical imagination land. lol.

I hoped you all liked!