A Pleasent Surprise

You Can't Fall Up

"No..."

"But why-"

"Because I said no."

"That's not what I meant."

Jessica and Tiffany were scouring the mall for something to wear to work, but Jessica was bing increasingly difficult and wouldn't let Tiffany speak for her own sense.

"Why can't I wear it?" Tiffany asked pouting.

"Because it's atrocious!" Jessica shrieked at the blouse Tiffany was holding up.

"You're not helping."

"You'll thank me later."

Tiffany grumbled and put the blouse back nicely and continued looking around.

"Here!" Jessica held up a fire engine red blouse with ruffled and shiny buttons.

"Uh no." Tiffany said after barely grazing it with her eyes.

"Why nooott?" Jessica whined.

"Because it's too flashy!" Tiffany said.

"That's not a bad thing." Jessica pointed out holding the blouse up to herself.

"People will stare and I'll stick out in the office." Tiffany grumbled picking up a beige sweater and comparing it to the black version.

"You should try and stick out every now and again." Jessica said throwing the red blouse over her arm.

"How about yellow?" Tiffany held it up, "It's a soft summery color, but no too bland."

"And it looks adorable on you. Sold." Jessica smiled holding up a thumbs up and the two girls began looking for skirts.

"I like this one!" Jessica said holding it up to Tiffany's waist.

"It's nice, but a little short..." Tiffany pondered.

"It barely goes above your knees." Jessica grumbled, tugging at the bottom parts.

"You're right, and it matches my new top!" Tiffany smiled happily at her brand new outfit.

"I need to run to the grocery store. Snowflake is out of food." Jessica said once they had loaded their purchases in the car.

"Alright..." Tiffany drove to the market.

"What kind do you think she'd like the best?" Jessica asked.

"How should I know!" Tiffany said, "She's your cat."

"What kind does Mushroom eat?" Jessica asked.

"He likes anything and everything." Tiffany said.

"Hmm how about tuna?" She grabbed a can, "Every cat likes tuna."

"That it does." Tiffany nodded. The two girls headed back to the apartment to feed the cats.

.

.

.

"Snowball!" Jessica shouted, "Come get dinner pretty girl!"

The all white cat scampered out from under the couch and rubbed against Tiffany's leg affectionatly. Her blue eyes peered at the two girls as she her lips.

"C'mon little princess!" Jessica cooed, she loved that cat.

Snowflake followed Jessica into the kitchen while Jessica took the small tin container and put the food in the bowl.

Snowflake sniffed it and walked away. Jessica looked puzzled.

"She's never rejected food before..." Jessica said worridly following her cat into the living room.

"What's wrong little kitty?" Tiffany asked her head.

Snowflake didn't meow or anything. She just lied down, her long milky tail swishing back and forth. Jessica frowned and picked up the moody cat.

"Why's my baby not hungry?" Jessica asked cutely. The cat didn't even look at her. "Mommy's baby isn't feeling well!" Jessica wailed.

Tiffany pat Jessica's shoulder and scratched Snowflake's head lovingly. "Maybe we should take her to the vet."

.

.

.

"Snowflake." Jessica told the lady at the front desk at the vet's office.

"Alright have a seat we'll see you as soon as we can Ms. Jung." The lady smiled reassuringly and pat Snowflake's head.

Jessica sat nervously while Tiffany put an arm around her shoulder. Jessica the limp cat in her arms who mewled in discomfort from being manhandled for so long. The vet came out and called out Snowflake.

Tiffany sat in the waiting room reading a magazine and waited patiently for Jessica. After a few minuted she looked at her watch. She smiled at the thought of Jessica's worry for the cat. She began humming and tapping her foot.

*In The Waiting Room*

"And this is the first time she's acted like this?" The vet asked scribbling some things on a clipboard.

"Yeah, that I know of." Jessica Snowflake on the examination table. She meowed in discontent at being in a foreign enviroment. She was pacing the table and eyeing the vet suspiciously.

"Alright, lemme run some tests on her and you'll be out of here in no time." The vet smiled at Snowflake.

"Tests?" Jessica asked nervously.

"Don't worry they're just some standardized tests testing her age, blood pressure, temperature, everything needed to know that she's healthy."

Jessica smiled and thanked the vet.

"She's going to be fine, I think." Jessica smiled, practically bouncing with a pissy looking cat in her arms.

"That's good!" Tiffany stood up and walked over to the two and began hugging and petting both.

"Ms. Jung?" The vet came out from the back room, "The tests are done."

Jessica handed Snowflake to Tiffany and smiled at them both before going with the vet to the back.

"Your kitty is-"

"STEPHANIE HWANG!" Jessica stormed out of the room and looked Tiffany in the eye.

"What's your problem?" Tiffany asked, sheltering Snowflake as if protecting her from Jessica.

"Your cat knocked my cat up!" Jessica screeched, just then a smile broke out over her face, "We're going to be grandmothers!"

Tiffany laughed, "You hear that Snowflake you're going to be a mommy!"

Jessica hugged the two and they headed home.

.

.

.

"Mushroom!" Tiffany raced into her own apartment and practically tackled the cat from the counter, "You're a daddy!"

Tiffany smiled and brought the moody kitty's head to her lips before heading over to shut the front door.

"You and snowflake are going to have beauitful kittens." Tiffany said. She began thinking of names for all the kitties.

"Turnip? No not turnip..." Tiffany snuggled the cat and put him down hear the floor length window. The winter season was leaving as Tiffany noticed the little pink blossoms on the trees below the window. All the way down on the street. She noticed Jessica down on the street. She was sitting on a bench and reading the newspaper with a cup of coffee in her hand. Jessica read thoughtfully while Tiffany was unknowingly watching her from her tenth floor apartment. Sitting cross legged with Mushroom resting in her lap.

.

.

.

Jessica sat on the bench and looked up with a funny feeling. She met the eyes of a happy looking Tiffany, looking at her through the window of her apartment. Jessica broke into a big smile and gave a little wave. Tiffany waved back Mushroom.

Jessica sighed, "What a funny girl she is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So my sister bought herself a hamster. And while she was showing it to me my kitty Neko comes out and starts chasing the little hamster in its ball. Needless to say he is very into the new hamster, but I've been trying to keep him away from the thing but he loves it. This even inspired this chapter! :) Enjoy lovely readers!