For What It's Worth

You Can't Fall Up

Tiffany rubbed her throbbing temple. She tried to concentrate on the words that were spilling from Taeyeon's mouth. She leaned back lazily in her chair and stared at her laptop screen. Her eyes burned from the hangover she was suffering from. She wanted to rub them, but she was afraid of ruining her mascara.

Tiffany cringed at Taeyeon's loud voice. She had a terrible headache. She sighed and began typing little tid bits and Taeyeon continued to point at the projection screen and wave her hands dramtically.

I have no idea what she's saying! Tiffany thought, Is the arm waving good or bad?

"So, to catch up with last year we HAVE to get our acts together!" Taeyeon put emphasis on every single word.

The meeting finally ended and Tiffany took her stuff and headed to the elevators. Hyoyeon waved to her in the lobby.

"Is the promotion going well?" Hyoyeon asked fumbling with her car keys.

"Ugh no! This stupid hangover won't let me get anything done!" Tiffany huffed.

"Hangover? You've had it since Wednesday!" Hyoyeon tsked, "No more drinking for you!"

"No kidding!" Tiffany brought her palm to her forehead. Her bangs were sticking to her head, "Ew, I'm going home and going to take a shower!"

Tiffany walked into the apartment building and up the stairs and found a girl standing outside Jessica's front door.

"Hey can I help you?" The girl looked at her and continued to ring the doorbell.

"Okay..." Tiffany went into her apartment and dumped all her work on the couch. She pulled on some sweats and decided to go do her laundry. She took her laundry and headed out her door.

"Tiffany darling!" Jessica hugged her around the waist, then she whispered, "Just play along!"

"Uh hi...Jess...how's a goin?" Tiffany almost dropped her laundry basket.

"Who's this?" The girl asked looking at Tiffany.

"Uh Tiffany!" Jessica said, "My neighbor and girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" The girl asked.

"Girlfriend?" Tiffany repeated, recieving a pinch on the back of her neck from Jessica, "Yeah girlfriend."

"Oh..." The girl looked sad, she just turned and left.

"What was that all about?" Tiffany asked, as her and Jessica began to head to the laundry room.

"Ugh this girl I met she won't leave me alone!" Jessica finger combed her hair.

"Why did you lie to her?" Tiffany narrowed her eyes.

"Because!" Jessica whined, "I just want her to leave me alone!"

"Then tell her you need your space!" Tiffany said.

"Oh, she won't come back, now that she knows you live in the apartment next to me!" Jessica smiled to herself.

"Ugh!" Tiffany stepped in front of her, "You're so spoiled!"

"I am a princess!" Jessica pointed out.

"No you're an adult!" Tiffany smirked, "Start acting like one."

"Ew!" Jessica wrinkled her nose, "No thank you!"

"It's not a choice! I get up and work 5 days a week, and spend my weekend doing community service!" Tiffany huffed.

"Ugh!" Jessica hugged Tiffany around the shoulders, "Pretty girls like us shouldn't work so hard."

"Well who pays your rent?" Tiffany asked.

"My mom and dad." Jessica and Tiffany finally arrived at the laundry room.

"You freeloader!" Tiffany shouted as Jessica began cackling and followed her into the laundry room.

~~~~~Later that night~~~~~

Tiffany lounged on her couch. Friday! It was a beautiful thing! Tiffany stared at the glass of iced tea in her hand and sighed happily.

She resumed reading her book when there was a knock at her door.

"Taeyeon!" Tiffany said. She had invited her new boss over for a drink.

"Tiffany-ah!" Taeyeon hugged her childhood best friend.

"How are you?" Tiffany asked, handing Taeyeon a glass of wine.

"I'm bloody tired!" Taeyeon said laughing.

"I know the feeling!" Tiffany giggled.

The two girls caught up over a nice dinner.

"I didn't know you could cook like this!" Taeyeon beamed patting her now full tummy.

"Oh thank you!" Tiffany smiled.

"So how's a going?" Taeyeon asked, while Tiffany poured her another glass of red wine.

"Ugh, I'm tired, but I love my new office!" Tiffany did a mini happy dance.

"Kekeke!" Taeyeon giggled into her palm, "Your father would have wanted you to have that office."

"I hope he would..." Tiffany and Taeyeon clinked glasses. The two girls sat and chatted for another hour or so, before Taeyeon's phone beeped.

"Whoops!" Taeyeon smiled, "I gotta go, problem at the office."

"This late at night?" Tiffany looked at her watch.

"Yeah, we have a girl who decided to stay late." Taeyeon slipped into her heels.

"Thanks for coming!" Tiffany walked her best friend to the front door.

Tiffany watched her friend walk away, just then Jessica stepped out of her apartment wearing a pair of sweats and a sweater.

"Who was that?" Jessica asked.

"My best friend Taeyeon." Tiffany crossed and rubbed her arms.

"Ahh!" Jessica nodded, "Is she single?"

"Why?" Tiffany felt weird.

"Just wondering." Jessica said, she began to turn towards her door.

"Hey!" Tiffany called out to her.

"Hmm?" Jessica smiled slyly at her.

"Would you say we're...friends?" Tiffany wrung her hands.

Jessica shrugged, "Yeah sure!"

Tiffany nodded, Jessica giggled and walked back into her apartment, closing the apartment door.

"Why does everyone want to be friends with me?" Jessica smiled going over to lounge on her couch.

She flipped on the TV and couldn't stop thinking about Tiffany's defensive tone.

Jessica just, like with most things, shrugged it off and her cat's back.

The next day Tiffany was enjoying her morning when she got a call saying her community service had been cancelled for the day.

Not knowing what to do Tiffany decided to go and pay Jessica a visit. She knocked on the door.

Jessica heard it and groaned, rising from the couch and grabbing for her cell phone. When she finally realized it was the door she stood up and tripped over the stilettos lying in front of the couch. She cursed making her way to the front door. She finally peered through the peephole seeing a worried Tiffany.

Jessica frowned.

"Go away!" She said, "It's early."

"Ugh!" Tiffany groaned.

Jessica began walking away when all of a sudden her door swung open. She scratched her head and Tiffany waltzed in.

"Are you like...a secret serial murderer or something like that?"

"Uh no I picked the lock with a paper clip and bobby pin."

"Really." Jessica frowned again and slumped on her couch.

"Yeah, really..." Tiffany huffed walking over to the couch.

"Go away!" Jessica whined covering herself with a cocktail dress that was draped over the arm rest of her leather couch.

"Uh no!" Tiffany stated pulling Jessica up by her wrists.

"What are you doing?" Jessica asked.

"You're going to learn what's it's like to have to work for your money!" Tiffany said matter-of-factly.

"For what it's worth, I don't care what it's like to earn money!" Jessica cried.

"For what it's worth?" Tiffany looked into her eyes, "It's worth nothing and three quaters..."

Jessica stared back at Tiffany, "That's not a lot..."

Tiffany shook her head and took a hold of Jessica by her shoulders and pushed her into her bathroom.

"Shower! Be ready to go in thirty minutes!" Jessica heard Tiffany shout from the hallway.

Thirty minutes? Jessica couldn't even put her make-up on in that time.

She groaned and let her shoulders slump as she made her way to the shower.

It was going to be a long day for Jessica Jung.