Chapter Three

Bass Waves

Just like that, back to normal. Like it never even happened. Even though it's exactly what I wanted. Why do I feel so dissapointed? This whole time all I could think about was that moment and I was terrified that it had changed everything, but in the back of my mind I was hoping that maybe it had touched his heart a little. The reason he can act so casual now is because it really did mean nothing to him. In the end I'm the only one who thought about it at all. I'm the only one who felt anything.

"Dropping off?" I'm brought back to reallity by the sight of Sensei's outstretched hand. When did he get in front of me? I shrugged the case off my shoulder and handed it to him, like so many times before. I used to just take my bass with me to my classroom and leave it there all day untill practice, but then I discovered that I was guranteed to see him twice a day if I came here in the morning. That's also when I discovered that Sensei's voice is slightly deeper in the morning. "what's this?"

THE CD! I forgot I had put it in there! I looked down at my feet as I could feel the burn of a blush engulf my face. "O-Over break.....My friends and I went shopping. Well I just so happened to see that cd and I thought I remembered you saying that you liked that band..... and I just so happened to have enough money at the time." I peeked up a bit to see his reaction. He was still just staring at the case. Suddenly his eyes are on mine. I look away immediately, my cheeks feeling even hotter. "Of course you might already have that one! I guess I didn't think of that! So if you do you can just give that to someone else if you want. Or just throw it away! That's no problem! Because really it wasnt that expensive and like I said I just so happened to have enough money. Or maybe I was thinking of a different band!? That sounds like something I would do! If that's true then-"

*clack* 

The sound of Sensei lightly tapping my forehead with the cd case silenced my ramblings in an instant. "Thanks, we'll listen to it later." and just as quickly he was crossing to the other side of the room towards his desk. Once again leaving me to be the only one who's heart is pounding. It's so unfair. I'm basically in agony and he gets to do whatever he pleases!

"I'd better get headed to class." Gathering up my things all I can think about is someway to surprise him. I just wish I could make his heart pound just for a moment. Hmm maybe? Yes, that might work! "Just as I was about to open the door to the hallway I turned around with a bright smile, "Well then I'll be going now... Taka-kun!"

"Yes, I'll see you after school Nana-chan"

Nana-chan.

Nana-chan?

Nana- chan!?

If my cheeks were burning before they were on fire now! I can't think of anything to say! I CAN'T THINK ANYTHING!

Finaly after what seemed like hours, Sensei dropped his head and looked like he was shaking *ehehe*

HE'S LAUGHING AT ME!? 

"UUUGH SENSEI YOU IDIOT!" I ran out the door and slammed it behind me.

Why was he always one step ahead of me?