Chapter One

Bass Waves

"MEGUMI-CHAAAN~" I shouted for my cousin as I waited to walk her to school.

Today is the first day of a new school year at Gou academy. Megumi is starting her first year and I my third and final year. I heard loud stomping from inside the house which I assumed was Megu-chan rushing to get ready because she woke up late.

"Nanami-chan! Sorry! I slept through my alarm!" She said as she quickly threw the door open, shut it behind her, and locked it. She was wearing the summer uniform of the classic white button up short sleeved shirt, navy skirt, and red tie. She looked very prefesional compared to me, but that was just Megu-chan. She liked to have fun and play, but when it comes to rules she was all business. She is also extremely competitive so people tend to be intimidated by her, ironic considering her 152 cm frame. 

"I can see that..." I while I smoothed her bed head. "Shall we go then?"

".....sure"

"Someone's excited." I mused sarcastically.

"I'm just a bit nervous I guess."

"Don't worry about it that's how everyone feels on their first day! It's totally normal. Besides, there are a ton more first years who are probably just as nervous as you are........pluuuuuus you look really super cute in the summer unifoooorm~~~~" I started pinching her cheek.

"UUUUGH STOP IT!" she exclaimed as she lightly punched me in the arm. I then punched her back harder, which caused her to punch me back even harder, this carried on for several minutes.

"OW ! OK YOU WIN!" I screamed as I grabbed my arm in pain. Dropping my Bass guitar case.

"That's right" she said looking proud, then she moved her gaze to the case. "You get to see Sensei today.....aren't you more nervous than I am?"

"Hmmm I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared.....but I think I'm more excited than anything else. I wonder how much he's changed since I last got to see him..." I picked up the case and we continued walking.

"Did you bring that CD you bought him?"

"I did but......"

"But what?" 

"Well Yamada Sensei is really shy when it comes to these sort of things, and I'm not exactly sure if he would like it. I mean I just kind of bought it on a whim because I saw it and immediately thought of him but in the end what if he thinks this is too forward of me, or what if he gets really creeped out!?..... OH NO WHAT IF-" I could feel myself rambling.

"NANA! Stop! If you think too much about it then you will never give it to him! You second guess yourself way too much. Do you want to give it to him?"

"....yeah"

"THEN STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND JUST DO IT! Besides what's the worst that could happen?" by now we could see the front gates of the school. "I'm gonna run ahead so I have time to find my class." 

"Mm I'll find you during lunch so we can go get food together." I watched as she ran into the crowd of new students,quickly loosing her small form among the others. All the while her last question echoing in my head." What is the worst that could happen." I said quietly to myself as my gaze found the familiar window of the music room, which was also Yamada Sensei's office. As my feet followed the familiar path, I found myself (as I had so many times walking these halls before) only thinking of Sensei.