Iris

Superstar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The first time Luhan saw him was when he was still not famous, he was just a back up dancer that time, so Luhan surfed the whole internet just to look for him, to his luck he found the guy and he learned that the boy is 18, four years younger to him and the boy is named Kim Jongin but his stage name is KAI. That’s where Luhan’s fairytale begun.

 

~

 

“You are not definitely going to that show!” Joonmyeon said, one of Luhan’s best friends.

“Why? I’m old enough to go there!” Luhan said.

It’s true that Luhan is old enough; he is now a 24 year old man whose income is stable. He doesn’t need anyone’s permission, especially from someone who is younger than him. Luhan pouted and try to sob loudly so that Joonmyeon can hear him.

“No! Luhan… you’re right, you are old enough but the way you act it seems like you were younger than Kyungsoo!”  Joonmyeon said.

“But… Joonmyeon… what if Kai will notice me now?” Luhan said with puppy eyes. “What if all I need to do now is to go there then he will notice me?”

“You said that million times ago… You’ve been to his shows for how many times? 100 times Luhan! You’re just wasting your time and your money.” Joonmyeon said.

“No! Don’t say it like Kai is the one who made me so miserable!” Luhan said.

“Isn’t he?” Joonmyeon said.

“No… he’s not the reason…” Luhan said as he went to his room and shut the door.

 

Kyungsoo appeared from the kitchen and went to Joonmyeon.

“You should just let him do what he wants.” Kyungsoo said.

“I don’t care, Kyungsoo… he should start building his life… he’s soon to be 25…” Joonmyeon said and Kyungsoo just smiled weakly.

 

~

 

Luhan looked around his room. He realized it’s true, he’s going to be 25 soon yet he is still single, he doesn’t have a girlfriend, yes it’s true that he had a stable job but it won’t cover up the truth that he will be lonely if his idol decided to marry a girl.

 

“Come on Luhan, come up with a better idea!” Luhan said to himself then looked at the poster he plastered in his wall a year ago. “Kai, what will I do.”

 

~

 

The next morning, Joonmyeon was drinking his coffee and Kyungsoo was cooking their breakfast when Luhan came with a smile plastered on his face.

“I have a deal!” Luhan said with a smile on his face. “You have to agree with this.”

“Okay…” Joonmyeon put his coffee down. “Let me hear this stupid deal you made.”

Luhan inhaled and exhaled. He took the nearest chair and takes a seat there. He faces Joonmyeon.

“Okay, I will go to Galaxy’s performance today—wait let me finish first.” Luhan said as he put his hand on air. “This will be the last time…” Joonmyeon nodded. “If… Kai won’t look at me then… I will stop… I will have a normal life… but…”

“But?” Joonmyeon raised his eyebrow.

“But if he looks at me… then I will continue… please…”

Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon looked at each other and Kyungsoo smiled, nodding to Joonmyeon.

“Okay… only if you will be accompanied by us.” Joonmyeon said.

“Okay!” Luhan smiled happily.

 

Then Luhan left, Kyungsoo put the foods on the table and patted Joonmyeon’s shoulder.

 

“I don’t get it, why is he in love with that boy? He doesn’t even know that there’s a Luhan existing in this world.” Joonmyeon said.

“Well, I think that will be a question from now.” Kyungsoo smiled.

 

~

 

Luhan, Joonmyeon and Kyungsoo were on the front row and luckily they had the best view among all the fans there. Luhan is holding a banner saying “Kai the DANCING MACHINE”, Kai must notice him or else this will be a goodbye to his two years crush.

 

“Oh… Luhan… it’s starting.” Kyungsoo said as the lights went out.

 

There were people that coming out from the backstage and the roar became loud when there were five people came out from the stage. The performance begun as usual Luhan was blown away by how Kai was dancing, Kai was the reason why Luhan is happy and if he will not look at him in their whole performance then it will be the end.

As the performance went, Luhan was so happy, he can see how dedicated and how passionate Kai is in his dreams, how amazing and how wonderful Kai’s dancing skills, how beautiful and how playful Kai’s face. The song is about to end. The spotlights are starting to get dim. The cheers are fading. The Galaxy is on their way to finish the whole performance.

His life will change any seconds from now.

 

The audience begun to clap, the Galaxy is now saying their ending lines… “I only have on chance.” Luhan gripped tightly on his banner, as the Galaxy was leaving, Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon were standing up, and ready to leave when Luhan stand up and hold the barge.

 

“KAIIIIII!!!!” Luhan shouted at the top of his lungs. It is now or never. I can do this! “KAIIIIIIII!!!!”

 

Luhan thought that he will never had a chance, there were so many voices that mixing with his, shouting Kai’s name. There is no chance. When Luhan closed his eyes and ready to leave, Kyungsoo told him to open his eyes and look.

 

He saw Kai turning his back and looking at his direction then the idol’s eyes fell down to Luhan and he smiled, making Luhan frozen. Kai waved his hand lightly and Luhan, who is currently on paralyzed mode, waved his hand. Then Sehun, the other idol, told something to Kai and Kai followed him.

 

Eventhough, he is not sure about what happened he is definitely sure that his life as a fan boy won’t come to an end. He looked at Kyungsoo and saw the young boy smiling and he looked at the other side and smiled at Joonmyeon. He smiled once again as he looked at the stage.

 

Finally, Kai noticed me.

 

~

 

Kai and the rest of the Galaxy went to their van right after their tiring performance. Kai and Sehun were seatmates again. He remembered once again that certain fan of him, that beautiful boy holding a banner, he smiled.

“Why are you smiling?” Sehun asked.

“Huh? Nothing… I just remembered something.” Kai said.

“Wait don’—“

 

They manager Baekhyun went inside to their van and take a seat beside Chanyeol, another member of Galaxy. “Here… they took many pictures of you guys… it’s weird but they also took some picture of your fans.” Baekhyun said.

 

Sehun took the camera to their manager and looked at the picture. Kai was quietly looking at the picture when suddenly Sehun passed a certain picture that made him surprised.

 

“Wait Sehun… put it on the previous picture.” Kai said as Sehun pressed the previous button.

“Here?” Sehun asked and Kai grabbed the camera and zoomed it in. “Is that the fan?”

“Yup…” Kai got up and faced their manager. “Hey manager… can I know, you know, this person.”

“You’re crazy, Kai.” Baekhyun plainly said. “He is just a fan... who knows where he lives.”

“Yeah he got a point…” Sehun looked at the camera. “Oh looked at the one besides him… that’s a cutie.”

Kris, the leader of Galaxy looked at the camera. “No, the one on the other side seems cuter.”

“Whatever—“

“Hey wait!” Baekhyun said that made everyone looked at him. “I think I know this guy.”

 

~

 

Luhan woke up from a loud bang that is coming from the door of their apartment. It’s unusual for them to have visitors at this time of the day. Luhan lazily went to the doorway to open the door. He let his hand lazily twist the knob.

 

“Who’s there…” Luhan lazily rubbed his eyes and opened it but his eyes became wide as he looked at their visitors then he closed the door again and hold his breath.

 

Kyungsoo who just came from the kitchen saw a surprised Luhan leaning on their door. “What’s wrong?” he asked then he heard knocks again. “You…” he moved Luhan away. “Should open this—“

 

“KYUNGIEEEE!!!!” Kyungsoo was surprised when he heard a familiar voice. Kyungsoo looked at the owner of the voice and he saw his long lost friend.

“Baekkie!!!” Kyungsoo said as he hugged Baekhyun. “Where have you been? Where did you go? Everyone was looking for you!”

“Oh… I found a job.” Baekhyun said.

“Job?”

“Yup, to manage them.” Baekhyun said as he points his thumb at his back. Kyungsoo looked at where Baekhyun was point and he was surprised at what he saw.

 

~

“It’s nice meeting you.” Baekhyun said to Joonmyeon as they shake their hands.

“What are they doing here?” Joonmyeon whispered to Kyungsoo.

“I really don’t know.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Oh yeah, we are here because my kids want to see you guys…” Baekhyun said he pointed at the three people that were practically tall. “You guys know them?”

“Yep. Oh yeah, my friend is a big fan of yours…” Kyungsoo said. “Where is he?”

“Yeah… Luhan come out or I’ll practically drag you out there.” Joonmyeon said and after a few seconds they heard steps coming from hall moving closer to the living room and revealing a very cute Luhan, wearing a oversized red hoodie sweater and shorts that were above his knees.

 

“I-I’m sorry!” Luhan apologizes. “I just woke up and I never knew that w-we wi-will have visitors… and…”

“Oh, no need we never actually planned on going here first… we passed by and I read that Kyungsoo lives here…” Baekhyun explained.

“Oh! So you were still using that email you posted.” Kyungsoo said. “Ah! Sorry, wait… we know you guys but you don’t know us yet so… I’m Do Kyungsoo… I’m 21 years old.”

“Yeah same age as I am.” Baekhyun joked and everybody laughed.

“I’m Kim Joonmyeon… I’m 23.” Everyone was surprised.

“Are you sure?” Kris asked. “You’re just a year younger than me?”

“What? Do you doubt me? I can give you a proof that I’m not lying.” Joonmyeon said coldly. Chanyeol laughed at how Joonmyeon acted while Kyungsoo elbowed Joonmyeon lightly telling him to apologize but Joonmyeon just snob him and Kris tsked.

“And… I’m Luhan… I’m… 24.” Everyone inside the apartment (except for the trio) was surprised.

“You’re sure?” Baekhyun asked. “You look so young…”

“R-really? T-thank you…”

“Yeah… It’s true. He’s been a fan of—“ Luhan covered the mouth of Joonmyeon before he could say anything more about Luhan’s obsession to Kai. “mmmhhhhmmmm!”

“He said nothing…” Luhan said as he looked to Joonmyeon with a fake smile. “Nothing right?” but Joonmyeon struggled.

Little did Luhan know a pair of eyes was observing him in silence, taking note of Luhan’s expression and his almost fragile figure.

 

~

 

Luhan was nervous when he was placed in front of Jongin during the breakfast, never in his life he ever imagined to eat with his idol. He nervously picked the spoon and Kyungsoo noticed it, he tapped the nervous boy and signaled him to look at his idol. He was surprised and in the same time happy, when he saw his idol smiling.

Luhan was surprised when Kai suddenly look to him, it was because Joonmyeon was calling Luhan so Luhan shyly turned his head to the rich kid and Kai laughed at it silently.

“I said can you please pass me the bacon.” Joonmyeon said.

“A-ah!! O-Okay!” Luhan said without thinking he get the plate but to his surprise Kai was holding the plate also. “Ahhh—“

“No… It’s okay.” Kai smiled and let go of the plate.

 

Luhan gave the plate to Joonmyeon and continue eating; he will steal glimpses from Kai who was now talking to Sehun. He looked at his food and smiles like an idiot. Come on Luhan, you’re crazy.

 

~

 

“Oh! It’s already time, Kyungsoo thank you for letting us in…” Baekhyun said as he bowed. “And thank you also Mr. Kim for letting us in, in your apartment.”

“Oh! No need to thank us! It’s an honor to us.” Kyungsoo smiled and he turned to Luhan. “Go, I will still clean the dishes and Joonmyeon will help me.” Kyungsoo grabbed Joonmyeon collar and went to the kitchen.

 

 

Luhan was standing at the door when the Galaxy bid their goodbyes again. Luhan was about to lock the door when he saw Kai coming back.

“D-Did you forget s-something?” Luhan asked.

“Oh… nothing… but can I have your phone?” Kai asked. Luhan not knowing what he will do, he grabbed his phone in his pocket and gave it to Kai. He was busy looking at Kai that he didn’t notice that Kai was asking him something then Kai tapped him bringing him down to earth.

“H-Huh?”

“Code…” Kai let Luhan see that his phone is still locked so Luhan immediately grabbed his phone and unlocked it and give it back to Kai, Kai simply laughed at how Luhan acted, he knew he shouldn’t be like this to anyone especially to Luhan because he is also his fan, but there is something about Luhan that made him special, that made Kai think he is different and that made him think that he can be someone Kai will treasure the most. “Here…” he returned the phone.

“W-what…”

“I saved my number there.” Kai smiled and leave Luhan there.

 

Luhan immediately close the door and leaned his back on it and he slowly fell to the floor as he composed himself not to shout because Kai, his idol, gave his personal number to him. He was beyond happy.

 

Kyungsoo saw Luhan going internally wild in the front of the door so he asked the older one. “What happened?”

“H-he!! OMG KYUNGSOO!!!! HE GAVE ME HIS PHONE NUMBER!!!!!” Luhan said as he hugged Kyungsoo tightly and danced with happiness. “I’m so happy!!!”

“Me too…” Kyungsoo said as he hugged Luhan also.

“Thank you…” Luhan said.

“Welcome… anything for you.” Kyungsoo said.

 

~

 

Later that night, Luhan came home from his studio. He went to the kitchen and saw Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon already there and cooking for their dinner. Luhan happily went to Kyungsoo and help him. Kyungsoo knew why is Luhan like that but he is still happy that the boy is like that after so many years of sadness.

“I think meeting him personally is really something for you?” Kyungsoo asked as he placed the foods on the plates.

“Yes, he made me believe that my dreams are coming true… and now… he’s making another one come true…” Luhan said as he smiled from ears to ears.

“You know what Luhan, I think it’s not just another admiration from someone I think you really like him…” Kyungsoo confessed.

Luhan looked down at the plate and smiled bitterly. “I know… I already thought about it, no one can be a fan of someone in two years… without developing any feelings…” Luhan said.

“Everyone in the world do that Luhan… they just idolizing them and protecting them telling them that they will be the most wonderful fans in the world… but you did not do the same thing… you went overboard…” Kyungsoo explained. “You just went to Korea right after you knew Kai will be an idol. You became a dance chore

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter