chapter two

Finally home
"What do you want?" Dara asked icily. Her features drawn tight as she tried desperately to keep her anger in check. "What do you want Kim Jongin?"

Kai gulped. Just few minutes ago he had mastered what he would say, what he would do, but seeing her like this had disrupted his earlier plans. What could he say to make everything right? He could only hope she gives him a chance to defend himself, and for her to forgive him.

"I am sorry," that, he figured is a start.

Dara's eyes turned into slits and she choke back on a strangled laugh. "You are sorry? You have the right to come to my house to tell me you are sorry? Can a "sorry" sum up for all you've done? Do you really think I am a pathetic fool?" She screamed in succession, blinking back furious tears. "I hate you Kim Jongin and I don't ever want to see you again." She turned to go back to her room when his arms locked around her waist, keeping her in place. "Let me go!" She screamed and bucked.

"Damnit Sandara, just listen. All I require is a few minute of your time. Let me explain, please." He whispered gently.

"I have no wish to listen to anything you have to say," she said through gritted teeth.

Kai let out a frustrated groan. "Come on Sandara, give me a chance."

Her struggles subsided. "Fine. Just five minutes, and after that, I don't ever want to see you again."

"Fine with me," Lai agreed with a shrug. Dropping his hands, he stepped back.

Sandara gave him a grim look over her shoulder. "Come with me,"

* * *

"I know nothing I could say could make up for everything that had happened, I just want...."

"You have four more minutes Kai. If I were you, I would go straight to the point." Dara interrupted him. She sat on her bed examining her nails while Kai sat on the floor beside her.

Kai stiffled a smile. At least she had referred to him as Kai. That itself is a relief. "I was drugged. Yoon Eun Hye drugged me."

Dara's head snapped up. "Don't you dare stick the blame on her. I saw you both, you are both guilty."

Kai shook his head. "Listen Dara, just listen," he paused, then laughed into the story. "That night I wanted o come to you. I already bought your gift and also bought a ring," he broke off when he saw her eyes widened in disbelief, surprise and suspicion all added together. "Yeah, I already bought the ring. I intended to give you the ring under the starlights, in a romantic place. I was on my way out when Eun hye came in in tears. I invited her in and asked her what was wrong. She started with her boyfriend dumping her, kicking her out and how she was robbed.

"I asked her why she didn't come to you but she said my place is more closer and that she doesn't want to ruin your day. She claimed she couldn't get you on your cell and that she would just stay in the apartment while I go on my date with you." He scratched at his head, remembering how stupid he had been to believe her. "I didn't want to leave her alone but she insisted. I went to the kitchen to get her a glass of lemonade and then entered the bedroom to pick up your present.

"When I was about leaving she offered me the lemonade, claimed that she couldn't take it; she was just too emotional. I took it and drank it. I shouldn't have, but, I never expected that. The next sound I heard was your screaming and I immediately rushed out to find you but you've disappeared.

"I came back in and she was looking so damn smug. She ed about how you have the good things while she doesn't, how she is so sick of the relationship between you and I. I drove her out and made it clear she could never return. It was afterwards that I saw your present. I picked it up and packaged it with the ones I got you."

"Do you still have the ring?" The question popped out of before she could think about it.

Kai's grin was wide. "Yes I do." He reached inside his pants trouser for a tiny box which he held out to her. "Accept my heart Sandara. I've always love you and you alone. I know I can be a jerk at times, but, please take me as I am."He hung his head low while awaiting her response.

Sandara felt as if a heavy load had been lifted off her. Here is Kim Jongin pleading and with a ring. She had no mixed feelings about his confession, he had explained everything to her and she believed him. She took the ring out of his hand and examined it. It was a gold band with little heart shapes strung on it. "I love it,"

"Sandara Park, will you marry me?"

Dara looked him in the eyes, "Yes I will."

"I promise I will never try to make you unhappy. I will be the best husband in the universe."

Sandara laughed. "I have no doubt you will." She extended her finger to him and he slid on the ring.

"Thank you Mrs Kim,"

"We are not married yet."

"I am glad," a voice said from behind the door.

They both turned to the door and gasped. "Mother!"