chapter one

Finally home
Sandara's heart flutters when the plane landed in the Incheon International Airport. Finally she is back home after two years abroad.

Seoul. Seoul holds memories for her; the good, and a particular one she had vowed to forget forever. As the cab dropped her in front of her parent's house, she took a calming breath before walking forward and knocking gently.

"Sandara!" her mother screamed as she pulled her in a enthusiastic hug. The older woman pulled back and gave her a once over. "You are slimmer," Park Chae rin commented with a slight frown.

Sandara smiled. "I know mother." She reached for her huge suitcase and wheeled it in, her mother chattering excitedly. "Everything is much the same," she remarked as her gaze perused the sitting room.

Chae rin grinned. "You should had been a decorator. I really don't mind how a house looks, as much as it's clean."

Sandara smiled, her eyes bright as she remembered her childhood, and her teenage years in the house. As a teen, she had fancied some crazy taste, and drives her mother mad with it. She remembered a time she had painted the whole interior pink, her mother had gotten mad, and she knew it was because momma hates pink.

"I made you breakfast." Her mother announced enthusiastically.

Sandara smiled. "I know you will. I always love your food," she giggled.

Chae rin reached for her hand and dragged her to the dining area.

* * *

Four hours later Sandara sat in her room, speaking with her superior on the phone when her mother poked her head in the room. She hand gestured to her mother to wait while she talks with her boss. "What is it mother?" She asked as she dropped her phone beside her on the bed.

Her mother looked nervous and kept her eyes glued to the floor. Instantly she felt panicky as she stood up and walked to her mother. "What is it? Is something wrong?" She asked worriedly.

Park Chae Rin head snapped up. "You have a visitor." She said almost in a whisper before walking out of the room leaving behind a confused Sandara.

A visitor? Who could it be? She had arrived just a couple hours ago and someone knew she is in town? She hadn't informed anyone of her arrival except her mother, so would could possibly be waiting for her?

All these thoughts were running through her head as she opened her door and stepped outside. She walked down to the living room and she froze. The events of the past two years rushing back to her.

* * * FLASHBACK * * *

Sandara is giddy with excitement. Her boyfriend Kai has called to tell her to prepare herself for a "hot date", and she has gladly done so. It is valentine's day and she knew he will have a gift for her as she has equally get him one too. She sneak a look at the package in her hand as she sits anxiously on the sofa.

"You look so nervous," Chae rin's voice drifted from behind her. "He will soon be here and you are a jittering mess already." She said teasingly.

Sandara tries to relax at her mother's words but she couldn't. He is supposed to be here two minutes ago, Kai is never late for a date. Maybe he is held up in traffic. Yes. That is it. Since it's Valentine's many lovers will be all over the city and very soon she and Kai would be among them.

Ten minutes later she was feeling teary. Why isn't he here yet? She tried calling his phone number but it was switched off. Agitated, she started pacing the room, the package tucked under her arm.

"Sandara? He is not here yet?"

Sandara turned to her mom with tear filled eyes. "He is not. He is never late for a date. Do you think he is hurt?" She started to sob.

"Have you tried calling him?" Chae rin asked as she laid a hand on her shoulder to reassure her. "Maybe he is just running late."

Sandara sniffed. "I called him countless times already. His mobile is switched off." She wailed harder.

Chae rin squeezed her shoulders. "Why don't you go check on him? He might be caught up with something." She suggested.

Sandara's eyes brightened. "You think so?"

Chae rin nodded.

Sandara smiled. "I will go check him in his house. Maybe he has a surprise for me." She giggled sheepishly as she kissed her mother's cheeks. "Goodbye Eomma."

She walked to the bus stop and quickly got in as she clutched the package closer to her body. The bus was crowded with my lovers cuddled up together but she ignored them. Very soon she will be with Kai and everything will be alright.

She stood outside his apartment and knocked slightly. She knew he is home because the curtains are undraped and the lights are on in the house. When she heard no movement within, she opened the door and entered.

She walked straight to his bedroom and pushed the door opened.

There they are, Kai and Eun Hye lying down on the bed with Eun hye stark . "NO!" She screamed and continued screaming as she ran back out of the house. Her hands pressed to her head as she fled. Her package lying forgotten on the floor.