Chapter 2

Falling for my Best Friend [HIATUS]

After practice I joined the girls for dinner. We decided to go for Italian tonight. Sohyun ordered her favorite; homemade spaghetti with a side dish of chicken parmesian, and Hyemi order a personal hawaiian pizza. I wasn't sure what I wanted yet because I rarely eat Italtian.

"Ji, you can share with me if you want? I'll just end up spending three days in the excercise room if I eat all this by myself." Sohyun said still searching for a drink. 

"Okay, Eonnie! Thank you for sharing with me!" I said with a smile. 

"How was Chanyeol-ssi? You seen him today? Did he mention Suho Oppa?" Sohyun asked. I'm sure she has some feelings for him. 

"Ani. We grabbed some ice cream and hung out with Minah-ah for a little bit. Why don't you just text Suho Oppa, Eonnie?" I asked with a smile. 

"Ahh.. Ani, I don't have his number." Sohyun replied with a pouty face. 

"Hold on Eonnie. I will ask Channie!" I said already sending a text to Chanyeol asking what he was doing. 

"ANI! ANI! Don't!" She started to get a little frantic. 

"Sohyun Eonnie, why are you freaking out? Do you want to get closer to Suho Oppa?" Hyemi asked with a sly smile. 

We all know the answer to that one. 

"Channie Oppa texted back!" I announced. "He asked if he could join us for dinner. I told him that would be fine and to bring Suho Oppa for Eonnie!" I said sending the text.

"ANI! AISH! Seriously is this how you treat your elders!?" Sohyun frantically says

"He won't tell him, Eonnie, I swear! If he does I'll beat him!" I reply 

"Ji seriously when are you going to date Chanyeol? Don't you like him? You spend more time with him than you do your own members." Hyemi asked diverting the attention from Sohyun to me.

"Ne, when Ji? You already act like a couple." Sohyun sounded relieved that we aren't talking about Suho anymore. 

"What?! We're only friends! How could we date? He only looks at me as a sibling" I reply feeling a little flustered. "Besides, I could never do that to Minah. She likes him a lot and she's a close friend." 

"You're making excuses.." Hyemi sounded annoyed. "You could date him if you wanted to. She probably only likes him because he is a popular idol." 

Sohyun hit Hyemi. "Yah! Watch your mouth! She's Jihyun's close friend! Seriously what is with you kids today?!" Sohyun scolded. "And Ji, if you're happy with your friendship don't pay attention to people trying to push you into a relationship." Sohyun hit Hyemi again. 

"Who are you being pushed into a relationship with, Ji?" Chanyeol asks walking up and taking a seat next to me. 

"Ani, nobody! Where is Suho Oppa?" I asked trying to change the subject. 

"He's coming. Had to change first. He said there were three lovely woman that he had to keep up an image for." Chanyeol laughed. "Sohyun, you like Hyung?" 

"AISH! Ji, seriously you're too much! You told him? I thought you were only joking.." Sohyun covered her face to hide how red she has become. 

"Ani!" I said hitting Chanyeol in the arm. "I told you not to say anything!"

"I thought you meant to Hyung!" Chanyeol replied holding his arm. 

"So when is Suho Oppa getting here? If we wait for him we'll starve to death." Hyemi asked looking at Chanyeol. 

"Uhh... He should be on his way." Chanyeol checked his phone for any messages. "I'll call and see." 

"Hyung, where are you?"

"Arraso arasso! Hurry, they're becoming impatient." 

"He says he's a block away." Chanyeol smiled at Sohyun 

"Please do not embarrass me, any of you!" Sohyun glared at all three of us. 

"Eonnie, I can't promise you that you won't be embarrassed. Please don't embarrass us with your stutter that appears when Suho Oppa is around. Speak properly, he might not like a girl who speaks in syllables." Hyemi said smiling at Sohyun
Sohyun glared at Hyemi. Just as the drinks arrive Suho walks up to the table and takes the only available seat next to Sohyun. 

"Annyeong Oppa!" I smile at Suho. 

"It took you forever to change and that's the outfit you decided on?" Hyemi grumbled

"Hyemi! Why are you so grumpy today?" Sohyun asked. "Annyeong Suho Oppa. Did you have a hard day today?" 

"Annyeong Jihyun, Sohyun. Hyemi, it's always a pleasure. Ani, today I had many meetings." Suho said

"Hyung, I ordered your food for you." Chanyeol said

"Thanks." Suho smiled. 

"Ji, I was thinking about watching a movie with a couple of the other members. Do you wanna come with me?" Chanyeol winked

"Ahh.. Ne. what movie are they watching?" I asked smiling at Sohyun.

"Lay picked out the movie, it's probably some action movie." Chanyeol replied. 

"Is it okay if I join? I was wanting to see Lay Oppa." Hyemi asked smiling.

"Oh? Really? Why?" Chanyeol sounded surprised. 

"It's really none of your business." Hyemi growled 

"Sounds important, Channie. Maybe we should leave right away." I said 

"I'm taking my pizza with me though." Hyemi said to the group. 

"What? Why is everyone leaving??" Sohyun looked worried. 

"It's okay. We can eat alone, Sohyun-ah." Suho smiled oblivious to what was happening. 

"Okay! Let's go!" Chanyeol jumped out of his seat. "I'll see you later, hyung. Don't stay out too late!" 

"Maybe you guys could go catch a movie at the theatre when you're done here." I suggested. 

"Actually that wouldn't be such a bad idea. I haven't been in awhile." Suho said smiling "If Sohyun-ah is okay with it?" 

"S-sure. I mean I haven't any other plans. Why not?" Sohyun trying to remain calm. 

"Okay! We'll catch up with you guys later!" I replied. 

When we left Chanyeol said they weren't really watching any movies in the dorm and that most of them were just sitting around playing games probably. Hyemi decided to go ahead and go see Lay leaving just Chanyeol and I to entertain ourselves. 

"So what do you wanna do?" He asked. 

"Hmm.. let's just go for a walk. It's been so long since we've really just talked and hung out." I said. 

"Sounds good to me." Chanyeol smiled grabbing my arm to lead me. 

We went to a trail that we used to walk all the time together. At the end of the trail is a small gazebo thats where we would sit and talk. It's been a long time since we've gone together. So when we get to the gazebo we sit down. 

"Ahh! Wow! It's truly been too long since we've been here together!" He said

"I know. With everything we really don't have time though. I've forgotten how beautiful it is here at night." I looked up into the night sky. 

"Yeah... Truly is." Chanyeol said staring at me. 

"Wha.. Aish. Why are you being so weird? seriously." I said trying to hide my blushing face

"I can't give my friend a compliment?" Chanyeol scratched his head looking down. 

"... Chanyeol?" I spoke softly.

"Mm?" He replied. 

"We're gonna be friends no matter what right? You're always going to be here by my side?" I said staring up into the sky. 

"Of course, Jihyun. Earlier I meant what I said." I could feel him staring at me. 

"You do look really beautiful tonight.." He said 

"Thanks.." I said lowering my head. "Did you think any about what I said about Minah?" 

"No. I told you I like someone else." He sounded annoyed at the mention of her name. 

"Do you talk to this girl?" I asked looking at him

"Mhmm." He replied 

"Like everyday? How often?" I scooted closer

"I talk to her enough. Why are you so curious all of a sudden?" He started looking at me 

I can't read his face. Does Chanyeol really like someone? I never see him talking to anyone on the phone or texting at all. "I'm just curious. I never see you texting with anyone. You don't even check your phone. Do you go meet up with her or something? Why are you being so secretive about this?" 

"I go see her. Not every day, but enough. I don't think she likes me like that and I don't want to ruin our friendship. So we could never be." You could see pain shoot across his face. 

"I'm sorry, Channie. Maybe someday, right?" I tried to lighten the mood with a smile

"Mhmm." his smile didn't feel as happy and warm as usual. What could be wrong with this girl? Why wouldn't she like him in return?

"Oppa, you can't give up hope. Don't give up on her. Someday she'll see what she's been missing out on." I wrapped my arm around him trying to give him comfort. Placing his arm on my shoulders, I rested my head on his shoulder. 

"I won't." He said placing his head on mine. 

"Do you promise?" I said enjoying the moment.

"I pinky promise." I could feel a smile come across his face. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI everybody again!! I decided to go ahead and post all i've wrote so far. Sorry if that's weird. but yeah. feedback is appreciated! Thank you!