Falling for my Best Friend

Falling for my Best Friend [HIATUS]

The first bell rang signaling for us to make our way to our classrooms. On the way to class I remembered I hadn't finished last nights assignment. I told Minah that I had to get to class right away rather than walking with her to our break up point. She started to protest as I began sprinting down the hall. 

"SORRY MINAH! I'LL SEE YOU AFTER SCHOOL!" I yelled waving a hand. 

As soon as I got into the classroom I sat down and immediately pulled out the assignment and began working on the last three problems. Fortunate enough I always do the harder problems first. I barely finished the last of the problems before Mr. Kim came in to tell us to turn in our work and start class. 

After I finished the last class of the day i met Minah in the front courtyard. 

"Do you have practice today?" Minah asked while still shoving the rest of her books in her bag. 

"Yeah, but I don't have to be there right away. I have like maybe thirty minutes before I have to start heading that way." I said. "So what do you want to do? Do you want to get ice cream with me?" 

What I forgot to tell Minah was that I was also meeting Chanyeol there. Since the first day that she seen him she's had a huge crush on him. Which I really don't blame her, he's a great guy. We've been friends since we were young. Our parents have been friends since they were in college so we were kind of forced into the friendship always being pushed together and sent off to "go play outside."

All the way to the ice cream parlor Minah complained about a boy in her class who she claims bullies her. I've seen how he treats, if anything it would seem like he liked her. 
Chanyeol sat outside at one of the vacant tables waiting. 

"Oh, I thought it was just going to be us today. I don't know if I brought enough money. But it's okay, I don't really need any ice cream." He said smiling. 

"It's okay Channie, you don't always have to buy me ice cream." I said sifting through my bag to find my wallet. 

"I always buy our ice cream though." he sounded a little hurt. 

"It's okay guys, I can buy my own ice cream." Minah said laughing nervously. 
We both looked at Minah, honestly for a minute I completely forgot that she was there. She gets so quiet when Chanyeol is around. 

"Let me buy it. I wouldn't feel right if either of you paid for it yourself. I insist." Chanyeol said smiling at us both. 

"Okay, Channie. We can share! Make sure to get a cup with two spoons!" I said returning the smile. 

"Of course! And what flavor would you like?" He asked turning to Minah. 

"S-Strawberry?" her face started to turn red. 

As soon as Chanyeol left Minah turned to me and hit my arm playfully with her bag. 

"Jihyun! You never said Chanyeol Oppa was going to be waiting! I probably look horrible! Aish! Jihyun, You're too much! You did this on purpose didn't you?" Minah whined. 

"I forgot to mention it! Stop hitting me!" I said pretending her hits hurt. 
Chanyeol came back with our ice cream. "Here's yours. And heres our. Two spoons, just like you asked." He said with a smile. 

"Thank you. I'll pay you back, I promise!" Minah said trying to act like she was focusing hard on her ice cream. 

"No seriously, you don't have to." Chanyeol replied. He's always such a gentleman. 

"Channie Oppa, how was your day? Did you have any schedules this morning?" I asked dipping into my ice cream. 

"I had only two. But I finished them up quickly. How was school today?" He said not breaking eye contact. 

"She ran away from me during our break today. Seriously where did you go? You really surprised me when you ran away so fast." Minah said looking at me while her ice cream. 

"I had just remembered that I forgot to finish my assignment for that class. I didn't have much to do but I can't let my grades slip. Manager Sooman will put a hold on my schedule." I said 

"Ahh!" they both said in unison. 

"I have practice in 10 minutes. You have practice too, Jihyun?" Chanyeol said looking at me. 

"I still have 20 minutes. But let's go together?" I asked already knowing he would be okay with it. 

"Mm" Chanyeol nodded with a big cheesy smile.

"Minah, you'll be okay going home alone?" I ask. I should really walk with her. 

"We should walk her home first, Jihyun. I don't feel comfortable with her walking home alone." Chanyeol says.

"No, it's okay guys. I can make it home by myself." Minah started to gather her things. 

"Just let us walk with you, Minah. We're not taking 'no' as an answer." I smiled. 
The walk to Minah's is almost 15 minutes. She tried really hard to keep Chanyeol's attention, but honestly he is so ADD sometimes I'm surprised she kept it as long as she did. We finally arrived and said our goodbyes. Chanyeol gave her a quick side hug and we left. As soon as we left I recieved a number of texts from Minah. 
Minah:

"OMO!! A HUG?!!?!

Minah:

"SERIOUSLY JIHYUN!!  Why don't you ever talk me up to him more? ㅠ.ㅠ"

Minah: 

"PLEASE JI.. I'll buy you ice cream for forever if you talk me up!!" 

"AISH! MINAH! Okay! Seriously though, you should just talk more when he's around!"
[Message Sent]

Minah:

"OMO!OMO! JI! THANKYOU SO MUCH! i LOVE YOU FOREVER! When I marry him you will be my MAID OF HONOR! I LOVE YOU! HAVE FUN AT PRACTICE. call me later!" 

"Are you going to be on your phone the whole time? Seriously Ji, get off of that thing and talk to me!" Chanyeol joked while holding onto my arms. He is always like this. Pretending to be so hurt when I don't pay attention to him. 

"Arasso! Arasso!" I said putting my phone back in my pocket. 

"Channie, how do you think of Minah? She's really cool, right?" I asked looking over to him

"Minah? She's okay, why?" Chanyeol replied. 

"She's your type of girl?" I asked. 

"What are you doing right now? I have no time for such foolish thoughts" Chanyeol said sternly looking straight ahead. 

"You always say that, Channie. Why are you always like this when we talk about you dating? She really likes you by the way. It wouldn't hurt to give her a shot.." I said beginning to feel annoyed by his lack of interest in anything romance. 

"I like someone." he whispered. 

"What?? What did you say? You said it so low I couldn't have heard you correctly." I replied moving closer.

"Ani! I said nothing!" Chanyeol said pushing me away. 

"You said you liked someone! Don't you lie to me Park Chanyeol!" I laughed pushing him back. 

"ANI! You should really go to the hospital to get your ears checked! I've never said such a thing!" Chanyeol begins to blush. 

"Is she real? Or did you just make her up? C'mon lets be real here. There's no way you really like someone, you're Park Chanyeol. "You have no time for such foolish thoughts" remember?" I laugh.

"Aish! Am I not human? You tell me to date but then tell me I have no time it? Tell me the truth Jihyun. Just admit it, you really don't want me to date because you're afraid I won't have any time for you." Chanyeol smiled at me. 

"You caught me! Chanyeol never leave me!" I mocked pretending to beg.

"HAHA! I knew your true feelings! I will never leave you Ji. You're stuck with me for life." Chanyeol pulled me in and hugged really tight. 

"You'll eventually have to tell me about this girl though, you know that right?" I said huggung him back. 

"Maybe I just made her up?" He laughed. 

"You have no time for romance so I know you have no time to make up lies!" I say reaching for my phone to check the time. 

"You know it's already passed 20 minutes since we left the ice cream parlor, right?" I ask

"Ne, I really don't have practice for another hour. I was just hoping we could hang out apart from Minah. She makes me feel uncomfortable. I can feel her staring at me the whole time." He made a shivering noise. 


"I told you she likes you, she's shy. You should talk to her more." I said 

"I don't know. You're going to be late if you don't hurry. I have somewhere I wanted to go before going inside. I'll call you later." He said running away.

"Yah! You better call me too!" I yelled after him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI EVERYBODY! So first story. The characters aren't going to match up well with their actual personalities... but I'll try harder in future stories. 

Right now i'm trying to get a better grasp on my writing skills so I'm very sorry if you don't think it's very good. 

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading!! ^^