Chapter2 ; scent

precious

hi!!!!

okay, i would really like to apologize for my behavior. i know I'm one ty author for not having updated my story for ages now.

i started college and was just trying to adjust to it. sorry!!!!!  i'll try to update more frequently from now on. really!!

thanks all of you for subscribing and commenting and for putting up with my crap. thanks a lot!!  okay

so here's chapter 2.

 



The small wolf seemed to have finally become aware of the presence of the two dominant wolves as they slowly walked towards it. It became stiff for a second before whipping its head towards them. It made an attempt to get up and make a run for it, but the painful wounds that it had acquired wouldn’t allow any such action.

Soft whimpers escaped its throat as it cowered in fear and pathetically tried to crawl away. They felt a sense of pity for it and a need to protect it came over them.

Deciding that it would be better to turn into his human form,Jongdae quickly shifted. sehun stayed a bit behind asJongdae approached the wounded pup.

Crouching down next to it, Jongdae spoke “my name is Jongdae and that guy behind me is sehun. I suppose you already know that you’re trespassing on our territory, but don’t worry, we won’t hurt you. I assume you’re in no position to actually move much, let alone harm anyone. So, why don’t you let us take you to our cottage? We have a healer in there, and he’ll treat you. You can tell us about yourself later…”

 The small pup looked up at the shape shifter, afraid that it was all a hoax and he would get attacked by an entire pack if he agreed. A part of him wanted to believe in Jongdae’s words and go along with him and another part wanted to escape from these people as fast as possible. But seeing his condition, option one was definitely the more viable option. Hopefully Jongdae’s pack members wouldn’t hurt him, but even if they didn’t, what choice did he have because he was going to rot away in the forest by himself anyway. A small whimper left his mouth as a sign of agreement.

 “Is that a yes or not?” the blonde haired boy, sehun , spoke up this time.

The little one nodded his head as slightly as he could, but the other two noticed.

Jongdae gave him a warm smile and suddenly lifted the pup in his arms.

“You can’t walk, so I’ll have to carry you okay?”

the furry little thing didn’t reply to that and instead stiffened his body as Jongdae chuckled at the level of suspicion the pup seemed to hold against him. And the three went back to the cottage, ready to shock the others.

 

                      ___________________________________________________

 

 

  “You’ve got to be joking…” luhan was the first to say as sehun finished explaining the presence of an unknown pup in not just their territory, but their house. To say that everyone was shocked would be an understatement. The small wolf was sleeping in an extra room at the moment as the others had a discussion.

“the alpha’s gonna kill us, I’m telling you!” it was luhan again. He was extremely agitated while Junmyeon and Yixing kept silent. Assessing the situation.

“we couldn’t have just left him there luhan! He was so badly wounded. And he’s just a pup, he can’t do anything to us” Jongdae tried to reason with luhan.

“But Jongdae, how do you know he’s not faking it… he might be spy from another clan.” Junmyeon decided to break his silence.

There was a chance that the new wolf might be a spy. But that chance wasn’t so high. He was badly wounded and appeared to be scared. He could barely stand up and was of little threat to them.

“I’ll take responsibility okay. I’ll talk to alpha and if he says no, then I’ll leave him somewhere far away. Okay?” somehow Jongdae felt the need to protect the pup. He had to help him.

Luhan looked at him sceptically and nodded in agreement. Yixing being a healer understood the need to protect the pup and he along with Junmyeon, agreed with the suggestion.

 

 

       the small wolf tried to keep his eyes open as he lay on the bed. He could hear what the others were talking about. Him. He wanted to stay at the place. They all seemed like good people and he felt safe with them. It had been a long time since he had felt unharmed and safe from any type of danger, and he desperately wanted to cling to that feeling.

 He knew that he had to be in his best behaviour if he wanted to stay here. And with such thoughts going on his head he didn’t even realise when sleep took over him…

 

                             ______________________________________________

The sound of a wolf howling notified to the pack members in the house that the others were returning. Jongdae braced himself to talk with their alpha and beta about the unknown wolf being in their house. Chanyeol could be quite a pain to talk to if he was in a bad mood and Jongdae hoped that he’d be in a good mood for now. The others just simply sat in the drawing room

  A few minutes later, the main door to the house opened with a loud bang as two wolves appeared. The other pack members stood up alarmed as they saw that their alpha was panting heavily and his nostrils flared. Their beta, Yifan was nowhere to be seen at the moment.

Uh oh, Jongdae thought, as he realised that Chanyeol was pissed. A lot. The only good thing was that Yifan was not there. It would be tough to convince the two of them together.

“Who is he!” the alpha barked as he sniffed the air for potential harm.

“I can explain it Chanyeol, sehun and I found him in the woods. All injured and weak. He couldn’t even move. He’s no harm I swear. Let him stay…” Jongdae’s rambling was cut off with a growl from the the  angry leader.

“You can’t just do what you feel is right! He can be a threat to all of us!! Just how could you people allow this?”

Luhan gulped as he watched the scene. He knew this could happen. He looked over to Junmyeon and Yixing, who seemed as nervous about the whole issue. Sehun on the other hand hand seemed quite unphased and was even supportive.

But before Jongdae could say anything else, sehun beat him to it.

“He knows what he’s saying hyung, take a look at the boy yourself. He’s merely a pup. Can’t create much trouble”

With an intense glare directed at the two defiant wolves, Chanyeol proceeded to walk towards the room from where the different scent was emanating.

With alpha out of sight, Minseok quickly went and hugged his mate, Jongdae. It was only natural for him to be worried about the outcome now. Gently wrapping his arms around the smaller male, Jongdae kissed his forehand, hoping that all would turn out well.

 

     Meanwhile, Chanyeol rushed to the room. The scent was becoming stronger and stronger as he neared the room. By now, the alpha’s feet were guiding him to the room where the guest was staying. He had to admit that the scent was definitely of an omega. And it didn’t seem much threatening.

   As he reached the door, he gently pushed it open and stepped inside. On the bed, he could see a lump. Softly approaching it, he slowly lifted the covers from the face of the stranger…

                            ___________________________________________

The other pack members were just surprised at the alpha’s behavior. All they could hear was a “let him stay” as their alpha ran past them and into the forest. Jongdae and sehun breathed a sigh of relief as the things had gotten sorted out without much hassle. Maybe the new wolf could become a pack member and if luck allowed, then a mate to their beta or their alpha… hopefully…

           ___________________________________________________________________

Sprinting through the forest, he let the cool wind calm his wildly beating heart. He needed some time to himself.



done!!! how was it? please do let me know through your comments and please subscribe.. will post the next update after 27th jan. my exams are coming up, so do wish me luck.

love you all !!