Moving

Dirty (not) Little Secrets

            What could be worse from moving back to your hometown? Well, it could be anything for me. I am friendless, even since I live there. I am shy and hard to make friends. I am not talkative. To be honest, they maybe think that I am mute since I barely speak. No I am not mute. I am just don’t like to speak so much. Unlike my three sisters who like to talk and yell. I am more like my mom, I guess. Calm and quiet. But she is more sociable than me. I don’t know, it’s kind of she has this charismatic traits in her. While me, just… an anti-social person in the family.

            One day, my dad announced that his boss transfer him to the branch office back to his hometown. So, he decided to move all the family there and start a new life in the old neighbourhood. My mom is beyond happy to hear the news. But not us. Me and my three sisters. They already have a steady life here with all the luxury and friends and job and boyfriends. But now they need to cut it out and move to a place that they can’t get all of that. They are furious. Me? Well, I am not so sad but I already have some friends here. I found it hard to let them go and need to adjust myself with new life and new place. But being a furious is not me. And my dad, he close his ears from my sisters’ ragged and move along with the plan. So, here we are.

            My sisters still upset. But they can’t help but agree with my mom about the beautiful scenery right in front of us. Our home, our old home, is build on the hills. So we can see the whole city from our balcony. It’s a great decision that dad didn’t sell the house back then when we move to Seoul. So when we’re coming back now, we can save the money for house and live in this house.

            “Taek, you okay?”

            I look at my right to realised that my second sister is talking to me all this time while I am remembering all that.

            “Yeah. Why?” She look through my eyes and then a little smile appeared in her face.

            “Nothing. You’ve been so quiet all the time since we’re here. So I think, you already miss our home in Seoul,” she said. And then she sighed. “Well, because I already missed it. And I will miss it more. You know, with all what happened there.”

            “Yeah. I know. I’m sorry that you can’t stay,” I said it sincerely. She just looked away and smile.

            “Nah, no need to be sorry. I think I will like this city. Well, I really wish I will.”

            And then, there’s the silence again.

            I really wish this is gonna be our new start. Our new happy life. And I wish, I can have a great life here.

*

            “Be a good boy, okay. Get some new friends. Be more social. Have fun,” mom said  while pats my back and then pull me for a hug. I hug her back.

            “I will…” ..try.

            “Okay. Now go! Or you will late in your first day. Go go,” she shoo me out from her car. I can't help but let out a small chuckle and she smile because of that.

            After I see her car leave, I turned and look at my new school. No one notice me, I figured. No one ever notice me anyway with my presence. I walked in and blend in with all the students, trying to be as normal as I can. I can hear some chit chat from a group of girls over a guy, a plan to ditch class from some guys, yells from the park as the cheerleader team is practicing their routine, a loud sounds from the field and all the morning routine of a normal highschool has. I wish I can blend in.

            And then on the side of the gate, there are some boys bended their knees and hold their hands up in the air and I see a male teacher scolding them over about their looks that broke the rules. I think, boys always be boys and I took a glance over them. No wonder why the teacher is mad. Their hair were colored, piercing on the ears, untidy uniforms and was that.... tattoo? Wow. Is it really countryside? Am I already moved from Seoul? I don't know.

            I need to go straight to the administration office when I already in the building. I need to know where my class is and what my schedule for the rest of semester. I look around to find where the office is, when a hand pats my shoulder and make me surprised.

            “Hey, new guy?” a boy, just look like about my age, ask. Smile on his face and other hand is in his jacket.

            “Um, yeah.” I answer the question and keep wondering where the office and kinda ignoring the boy.

            “Need help?” he offer. I look at him again. With still that smile but now his hands is in. I just nodded hesitantly, but since I really lost, I think I just need to take the offer.

            “Okay. Let me guess, administration office?” I nodded again. “Let me bring you there then. I’m heading to the same direction anyway. Come.”

            I followed him to the office. We stopped several times because he is called by his friends. I found out that he is popular just by seeing how many friends who great him. Is he a student body president? Or someone important? I don’t know. And I guess it’s not my concern for now.

            “Here is the office. You need to meet miss Kim, I assume. Because you are new. She’s there,” he pointed a lady who sit on the corner. “I leave you here. You can by yourself right?”

            “Uh, yeah. Thanks for the help.”

            “Nah, don’t mention it. See you around….” He tilt his head, wait me to tell him my name.

            “Taekwoon.” I say.

            “Taekwoon. I’m Hakyeon by the way. Bye!”

            And then he left.

*

            “Okay class, can you please be quiet!”

            The class become quiet right away. I look around at those curious eyes. Suddenly I feel scared and I wanna run. But a hand holds me and I am back to the reality that this is my new class, my new classmates.

            Well, after he left me in front of the office, I met miss Kim right away to give her all my documents. She is nice and kind. No need to wait for more, she handed me a schedule for this semester and told me which class I'm in. But, before I can ask the direction to the class, she already ask me to follow her to meet the teacher who will teach in the first period in my class. She is miss Kang. An English teacher. So, in the end, I walked with her to the class. And here I am now.

            “Here is your new classmate who just moved from Seoul.” She announced to the class and then turn to look at me and whishper, “you can introduce yourself.”

            “Uhm, Hi. I am Jung Taekwoon. Nice to meet you all.”

            “Okay. Do you want to add some info about yourself? No? Okay then. You will sit…..” she look around and point a seat that placed in the back and corner of the class. Nice. “..there.”

            “Thank you, miss Kang.”

            I walked to the seat and sit there trying to make myself comfortable. I put out my book and put down my bag beside my table and ready to start a day. Right before miss Kang start her lessons for today, the door open and a boy walked in. I look at him and surprised that I know that face.

            “Cha Hakyeon. Late again as usual. Should I ask you where you’ve been?”

            “No worry miss Kang. Just kind of lost the track of time. I’m sorry,” he smiled.

            “Tsk. I don’t believe your reason but I guess I can’t dig the real reason either. Just go to your seat and behave. We have a new classmate today. But please save the introduction after my class over. Am I understood?”

            “Aye aye!” he responded with his hand saluted to her. It makes half of the class let out silent laugh and half just shake their head. I myself can’t believe that he can do that to a teacher.

            I see him walk to my seat.

            “Oh, you. Taekwoon, isn’t it?” I nodded. He look at me with hand on the waist and say, “I'm sorry but, you sat in my seat."

            I startled. Stupid. “Really? Ah, I'm sorry.”

            I am get ready to move from the seat until I can hear he speaks, no, whisper to me. “No need to be rush. I’m fine. You can sit there for today,” he grin and sit by my side, the seat that wasn’t taken yet, the seat that supposed to be mine. “Let’s be friend then, Taekwoon.”   

            I stunned. Wow, friend? What a fast progress I made for today. I already have a friend.

*

 


 

A/N: Hey. Chapter 1 is UP!! A little author's note here, excuse me /uh-hum/ so, I decide to write it in many POV but I will make it one POV per chapter. So you can guess whose POV is used by looking at the image in every chapter. But if in the way I want to use 2 or more, I already prepare to differentiate it with colors. So, I hope you won't be confused about who is who.

Leave a comment below to give me a feedback so I can improve my writings. A lil bit compliments is very very loved. Thanks for your time to read it. ciao!

Oh by the way, the gif used is not mine.