Finale

Forty years of Valentine's Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

14/Feb/2054

 

“What are your plans for valentine’s day this year?” an elderly man asked a young girl with light brown hair. They were sitting on a swing in the garden of his house, slowly swinging and enjoying the fresh air.

 

She turned to his direction, her eyes sparkling under the sun. “I don’t have any, grandpa” she pouted and he chuckled.

 

He was thankful that she still didn’t have a date yet, she was far too young but her pouting always managed to make his heart melt, he found that quite familiar. “That’s nothing to be upset about dear. Maybe you’ll meet your first love, just like me”

 

Her eyes lit up, while he told her that story over and over again, she never got enough of it.

 

14/Feb/2011

 

A young man was walking with his ten years old cousin at an amusement park, feeling very dismayed. That day was Valentine’s Day and couples were all over the place. He, on the other hand, was there with a child. He didn’t have a girlfriend. It wasn’t that he was bad with ladies; he simply did not like holding long term relationships.

 

“Hyung can we ride that?” his cousin excitedly pointed at a ferries wheel. He shook his head, causing him to frown. He was afraid of height, it was a fact that no one knew. After his persistence, he allowed him to ride it alone, while he went to buy them drinks.

 

That was when he found her, a part of her actually. He saw her foot under an empty stall. Confused, he pushed the cover to find a girl hiding her face while hugging her knees to her chest. “Uh…”

 

She looked up. She seemed young, her hair was pushed up and her eyes seemed innocent. “Yes?”

 

“What are you doing?” she carefully eyed him. “May I?” she remained silent and moved a bit to allow him to join her under the booth. “My name is Lee Seung gi”

 

“Bae Suzy” she offered her hand and he shook it.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

She carefully lifted the fabric to point at a man sitting on a bench near him. “He’s my ex-boyfriend” he peeked to find him kissing a woman, finally understanding the situation.

 

They had a small conversation, ending it with him offering her his hand to get out. His cousin ran to his side immediately, ready to have a fight for leaving him, before she offered to buy him some ice-cream. Her ex had already left but she didn’t notice that.

 

That was how they became friends.

 

14/Feb/2012

 

“Oppa can we ride that?” she asked as she ran ahead of him.

 

She was always so full of energy, one of the many things he loved about her.

 

“I hate roller coasters Suzy” she pouted.

 

Their friendship seemed strange to most people, mostly due to their age difference, but no one understood him like she did. She knew just the right things to say all the time, she came to learn his likes and dislikes and she shared his views on many topics. It was always easy to talk to her and they never ran out of things to say.

 

She wasn’t seeing anyone and neither was he, so they decided to break the Valentine’s Day blues by spending the day together.

 

“But pleeeasse?”

 

He sighed, her pouting always managed to convince him, but that one was an exception. There was no way there’ll ever be a day when he rides a rollercoaster, that and ferries wheels.

 

“Oppa are you afraid of heights?”

 

“Of course not!” he exclaimed, she simply nodded.

 

14/Feb/2013

 

Every man searches for his one true love, some just find it without realizing it. He was one of them. The moment of realization differs. Some recognize it when they see their love with another man; some do in a relaxing moment of clarity.

 

He realized it on a long day at work two weeks ago. He found himself chuckling while thinking about her latest adventures of egg frying. It took a long while but he finally realized that he wanted to be there a she burns down every last one of those eggs.

 

That’s why, on Valentine’s Day that years, he asked her to be his valentine. She giggled and readily said yes, he was confused before he figured that she didn’t get it. After around ten minutes of trying to transfer the message to her, and calling her an idiot, he pulled her close to him until they were a few inches apart, based his hand on her neck and drew her into a kiss.

 

She froze before she slowly returned the kiss. It was very soft and slow. She never imagined she could stop breathing for so long but she struggled not to break it. He pulled back and she felt dizzy. It wasn’t her first kiss but it was the best she had.

 

“So… does that mean we’re together now?” she asked him. He chuckled, pulling her into another kiss, just in case she missed the hint.

 

14/Feb/2016

 

It was already past midnight when he was driving her back to their home. She was wearing a peach coloured dress and her hair seemed very wavy, the teddy bear he bought her was restin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter