Love

난 좀 달라 [I Am Quite Different]

As soon as I arrived home, I went to the room, changed to clothes that were more comfortable as compared to what I was wearing at the moment, plopped and the bed and continued crying like there was no tomorrow. Yes, I may seem like the tough girl on the outside but on the inside, I was easily affected by the smallest words like what my sister said. It wasn’t just my sister saying these kinds of things, but the entire short yet mean, knife-like sharp and hateful comments I received since I was a child. I got this problem since I was a child as I was often called “fat and weird” and other types of names and it has affected my lifestyle and I think, even me. Maybe it was because of my easy-to-adjust-to-everything personality and never thought about what others actually thought of me. Now that I’m and adult, it has really affected me.

I would usually laugh whenever someone says this to me. Sometimes I think that I am partially guilty in this matter as well. If I didn’t laugh and actually got upset whenever someone called me names, I don’t think that they will continue calling me names and making fun of me. But no, I just had to me that care-free and humorous person. Stupid me, I thought to myself. Due to that, everyone just thinks that I’m that weird girl who nobody likes and/or cares about. It took me a while to realize that the people who I thought were my friends we’re not laughing with me, they were laughing at me. I felt horrible, I just wanted to jump in a hole and hide from society.

As I kept thinking about the past, my tears kept on falling even harder. I stood up and looked at myself. My eyes were red and I looked like . But I didn’t care. That’s what everyone thinks of me anyway, I thought to myself. As I was about to lie in bed again and sleep or watch a really sappy chick flick just to entertain myself until the doorbell rang.

“Wow, talk about timing,” I said to myself as I walked to the door, sniffling. When I opened the door, I was greeted by a voice that was too common. It was Hakyeon, my boyfriend.

“I called you so many times, Eunyoung! Why didn’t you answer? I texted you as well, about 20 times! They were all-,” he suddenly stopped. “Why are your eyes so red? What happened? Are-are you okay?” he asked. He kept on asking questions about my well-being, I felt like being shot by them continuously. I didn't blame him though, it's nice to have someone care about you like this. However, I didn’t answer him. I just looked down staying silent, not saying a word when suddenly; I felt a pair of strong arms wrapping my body. We stayed like that for about 5 seconds when I pulled him inside the apartment. We sat on the couch and he asked me what the problem was. So, him being the only person I trust now, I explained everything to him.

After attentively listening to my explanation and telling him everything that happened earlier today, I was a bit worried. I was hoping for him to do what everyone else had done before, calling me I’m weird and just leaving. I closed my eyes before the impact. But then, nothing happened. He looked at my eyes. I tilted my head, wondering as to why he was looking at me he suddenly pulled me into a kiss. It wasn’t passionate and hot, but it was slow and steady. The way his lips moved in perfect motion against my lips. His soft lips in front of my lips just feel so perfect.

“You’re different, yes,” he said right after he broke the kiss. “But being different doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s a bit thing. Look at me, I’m the darkest Korean you’ll ever meet in your life!” Hearing this, I chuckled a bit and looked up. When I looked up, I saw the most beautiful angel I have ever met.

“But I don’t want you to be like everyone,” he continued. “You are special to me. Don’t ever change, baby girl. Don’t ever change. I love you, Eunyoung-ah. Don’t let people tell you otherwise” he said as he hugged me.

“Thank you, Hakyeon. I love you too. Sometimes I think why you want to date a wreck like me,” I replied, still feeling down.

“I got an idea,” he said. I was confused as to what he meant by that phrase.

“Follow me, I can show you,” he said as he grinned. “I’m going to make you feel so special tonight,” he continued as he walked to my bedroom, winked and closed the door. I had a feeling I knew what he was going to do next.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n: HELLO omg thank you for waiting ever so patiently :) I'm done with this story NYEHEHEH comment on what you want to see next and I'll try to make one. Thank you for all the views and silent readers? Yeah, I see you lol I LURVE YOU TOO but it'll be great if you commented or subscribed? NYEHEHE ♡ x)