Hatred

난 좀 달라 [I Am Quite Different]

"Why can't you be more like Choa, Eunyoung? She's always so probably dressed and loves make-up. She's your age and your friend, but I like her way more than you. She's always fun to hang out with. What the hell are you wearing?" my little sister, Ellin said. "T-shirt and jeans, how, uhm, fashionable,” she continued as Choa added more make-up to her face.

Alright, I wasn't always the “girliest girl” in town. I had my own style, my own fashion sense. I loved playing basketball, wearing sweat pants and a tee, I didn't really care about fashion, make-up and anything like that. Choa, my best friend, on the other hand, was nothing like me. She was such a girly-girl and we shared almost nothing in common. But, nonetheless, she was one of my closest friends. And Ellin? She's my little sister who is a 180° different from me. I love her, but she is such a pain in the neck. The words she says may be just a joke but it really is mean. Usually, I would just brush it off my shoulder. I've always heard comments like this. It was usual and I kinda knew already anyway. Ashamed to admit it, I was used to her constant teasing and nagging about me. I knew my sister didn't really understand my sense of fashion ando be honest, I didn't really understand her fashion sense either. I would have just laugh it off if it was just the two of us involved in this conversation. However, there were other people that are listening to this current conversation. To make things worse, we weren’t even at our own house! We were at Choa’s house having a small get-together congratulating her on her new house.

"Don't say that, Eunyoung's really fun as well, just in a different way. Everyone's different anyway," Choa replied. “She’s your sister, for Christ’s sake!”

At that moment, I just lost it. I just couldn't stand the constant mean comments my sister kept on making. She has done this so many times and hell, she's younger than me!

“You know what, Ellin?” I said. I could feel my anger boiling up all the way to my head. “I don’t really care what you say anymore. You really can’t think before you say anything, can you?” I shouted, aggressively. I just didn’t care that I wasn’t even in my own house. I just couldn’t stand the constant teasing, nagging and her anymore.

“I have been coping up with your for as long as I can remember. I was so busy with work and everything until the point that we haven’t seen each other in 2 months. I was really happy thinking about the fact that I am going to be able to meet you and this is how you talk to your own sister that you haven’t met in 2 months? This is how you treat me? Fine. If you really like it with Yuri, you can go live with her. I don’t give a damn,” I said on the verge of tearing up.

“Wait, Eunyoung. Don’t leave! We can settle this! You don’t have to leave,” I heard Choa say behind me.

“Wow, Eunyoung. You’re making such a big fuss out of everything. I was just jok-“

“Even if you are, I don’t care anymore! I patiently played around with you as a kid, dealing with everything you said and did. But just like everyone else in this whole damn house, you’re an adult now. There’s a difference.” I exclaimed before she even finished talking. “Thanks for the party, Choa,” I said as I turned to face her. “But I think I better just leave now,” I said, harshly. I immediately took my bag, went downstairs as fast as I can without greeting the other guests anymore and just left the house.

“Eunyoung, where are you going?” asked Ravi, one of my closest friends.

“Yeah, come back! The party’s just getting started!” exclaimed Way, another one of my closest friends. But I kept running without stopping and answering their curiosities. They thought I’m weird but I didn’t care. I took the car keys out of my bag and and drove myself back to my apartment, sniffling as I felt tears fell down my eyes. I tried to stop them with my hands, but that just made it worse.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

a/n: So the first chapter's done YAY okay time to work on the second and the last chapter :3