Chapter One

Vengeful Desires

The moon shined high in the darkened night sky, bathing the city below in its lovely luminescent glow. Seoul an amazing city alive with various people who had so many things to do. Cars filled the streets while couples walked the sidewalks hand in hand. Workers sped home for dinner and time with their families and friends after the long day at work. Above the city, hidden away in the shadows of a nearby roof, sat a girl around the age of nine-teen. Bright sapphire eyes shot from person to person in fear. Black cat- like ears twitched at each sound, from the scratching sound coming from rats to the sounds of people talking. In the distance sirens blared, ruining the peaceful scene the night brought.  The girl tensed at the sound, thin black tail puffing. Her pupils narrowed into slits as claws begun to grow at the tips of her nails. Flashing red, blue, and white lights stopped below the build she was seeking shelter on. A bright white light shone overhead, quickly finding her. She gazed up only to pull back and hiss at the brightness. Her body out for the world to see. Pale skin clashing with the raw cuts and bruises she had gotten from escaping her metal prison. In her fear she hadn’t noticed the police officer come up behind her. That is until a blanket was draped over her body. Her claws flexed and ready to attack whoever it was. Dried blood covered her hands, as if she had cut through something.

 “Easy there, I’m not going to hurt you.” A voice spoke to her. It was deep and very soothing, she had begun to calm. Her body now relaxed and her mind calm. The one who spoke lifted her into their arms giving her a chance to see who it was. The man was fairly tall with dark brown eyes and white hair. His skin was smooth and lightly tanned, must have been from work.

 “That’s it.” He smiled, setting her down by the door. He fixed the blanket so that it covered her more. She had no energy left to fight him and her fear had ceased for the moment. He lifted her back into his arms just as another officer walked up.

 “Officer Kwon, Chief says to bring it in for questioning.” His partner said as the man carried her in his arms towards the door leading back inside the building. Across the street firefighters worked to put out the flames that burned from the fire she had started to get rid of, something didn’t remember. As she fought to remember what had transpired not even an hour before being found by this man, her head begun to hurt. He looked down at her as she moaned in pain, hand gripping at her hair.  However that officer who was speaking about her going in for questioning about what happened tonight wouldn't let up.

 "He's going to be mad."

 "The questioning can wait until she herself is ready to talk." Kwon spoke, only stopping to send the other a sharp glare. "If he has a problem he can call me." with that he continued his walk to his patrol car. She found it odd that he would help her. With the ears and tail people would just freeze up or run away screaming something like monster. He ignored all the stares the two of the got from bystanders. Their whispers echoed through her ears, tail twitching in slight anger at their words.

 "What is that? Some kind of new breed of animal?"

 "Who cares they should just kill her or It." the words stung and she buried her head in his chest, drawing her ears against her head.

 "Sh, it’s okay don't listen to what they say, you're not a monster or a freak." his smooth voice spoke up, drawing her attention away from the whispers. His smile was soft and soothed her anger and pain she felt. The officer slowly lowered her down into the passenger seat of his car. She flinched and sunk back against the seat as he reached over and buckled her in. Pulling away his patter her head and smiled before closing the door and walking to his side. Officer Kwon started the car once he was seated and ready to go. He pulling out on to the now almost empty street, making sure to drive carefully as to not scare the young girl beside him. Her eyes watched everything that passed by with awe. This was her first time ever seeing things like this outside of the white walls and barred windows she was used to seeing. As they drover further away from the flashing red and blue lights she finally begun to calm.

 "So, what's your name?" he asked after finally leaving behind the scene. His question, however,  remained unanswered due to the girl being so engrossed at the buildings they were driving past. He looked at her and chuckled softly at her awestruck gaze. After that his thoughts took control as her tried to piece together where she fits in with his case. His eyes would drift to her and every once in a while her ears would twitch when someone on the sidewalk would stare at her. Again his thoughts took over and he was still as confused as ever. It wasn't until her soft voice broke through that he realized she was talking to him.

 "What was that?" he asked, blinking.

 "Alice..... My name is Alice." she spoke softly, sapphire eyes gleaming against the lights of the city. They looked almost like they were glowing. Her pale skin seemed to sparkle with them. Black hair framed her face, making her eyes look darker than they really were.

 "It's nice to meet you Alice, my name is Kwon Jiyong." He smiled to her. Alice nodded and went back to gazing out the window, once again falling silent.

 The car slowed to a stop in front of a two story house. Two cars sat side by side in the drive way with a black crouch rocket sitting next to the rocks at the side of the house. Jiyong cut the engine and stopped out of the car, silently making his way to her side. He opened the door and unbuckled the seat belt before lifting her into his arms. Jiyong made sure the blanket was still wrapped around her body. Alice was nervous and with each step he took towards the door it only seemed to grow. In her heart she wasn't sure she should trust him but what choice did she have. He had showed her that he cared about how she ended up. Her heart pounded against her chest and she gripped the blanket. Just as he reached for the handle on the front door it swung open, surprising the pair. The before them stood a young man around the age of twenty, in only a pair of shorts. His hair was a light blonde color and his bangs were parted to the left side of his face, covering his eye.

 "Ah, Hyung!" he said, clearly excited to see his elder brother. Alice blushed bright red as her eyes drifted down his attire or lack of.

 "Daesung, what did I say about answering the door without a shirt?" Jiyong sighed, shaking his head as they stepped in through the door. Daesung laughed, closing the door once they were in.

 "I heard your car pull up so I didn't think I need to put a shirt on." He smiled and looked down at the girl in his arms. "Though I didn't know you were bringing a girl home."

 "I'll explain that in a minute." Jiyong said, setting Alice down on the couch." Go get the others since they're home." Daesung nodded and went off, doing as he was told. Jiyong turned to her and smiled.

 "Wait here I'll go get you some clothes to wear." He left through the hallway the other guy walked down. Alice blinked, this was really strange. Not once would she ever think someone would let a stranger into their house without as much as a thought. She looked down at the blanket that was tightly clenched in her hands. Throughout the whole ordeal that just transpired she had forgotten she only had the blanket to cover her flesh. A few minutes later Jiyong returned holding some clothes in his hand.

 "Here, they might now fit but at least it’s something right?" he asked, handing her the clothes. "The bathroom is the first door on the right." He pointed to the hall and she nodded following his directions. As she dressed she tried to recall what had happened. And as she tried she still felt that painful head ache. Most of the night was a blur, she remembered the white room and her father. Then the rest is a blur, well up until she met Jiyong. However, the fear she felt was real Alice just needed to figure out what had caused the fear. Her eyes drifted to her reflection in the mirror. Black ears flattened against shoulder length black hair. Tears begun to fall from her eyes, soaking her cheeks in salty rivers of sadness. Pale blood stained hands gripped the counter, she looked away. Feeling ashamed she gazed back at the mirror only to scream and slam her fist against it. The mirror shattered, bits and pieces falling on to the counter and floor.

 Jiyong sat on the couch with his brothers gathered around. He was looking through some papers he had gotten together on the case he was working on. The eldest sat on his left, leaning against the arm of the couch with his chin resting against his hand. Daesung sat in front of the second oldest playing a card game with the youngest.

 "Okay, so here's the deal." he said, lifting his head and looking at the other four. They all stopped what they were doing and begun to pay attention.

 "Is this about the girl?" Daesung asked, earning a few confused looks and a glare.

 "Yes, her name is Alice." he said "She'll be staying here for a while."

 "Why's that?" the eldest said, clearly not happy about the news. Jiyong looked at him and frowned. He knew this wouldn't flow well with him but she needed them more than they themselves need her. This actually was going to be hard when he explained why she needed to stay here.

 "She's interesting..." Daesung spoke up, with a strained smile.

 "I found her when I was on the job." Jiyong sighed "She was hiding on top of a building across the street from where the actual scene was."

 "Then why bring her here, you should've taken her in for questioning!" the eldest yelled, standing from his spot on the couch.

 "I couldn't!" Jiyong yelled back, bowing his head. "You didn't see the fear in her eyes, Seunghyun." Seunghyun calmed down and slowly sat back down. He was surprised at Jiyong yelling, this normally only happens when something either is going wrong or he's protecting something.

 "Okay, she can stay." Seunghyun gave in. Just as Jiyong was about to thank him a scream echoed through the house, followed by the sound of something shattering. He stood and ran to the bathroom, leaving his brothers to stare after him in confusion.

 "Alice!" he yelled, freezing in front of the bathroom. Jiyong frowned as the sound of crying sounded from behind the locked door. "Alice, open the door." he could hear her sniff before the door clicked open. His eyes widened at her tear stained face, her sapphire eyes dark with sadness. He looked at the floor where the blanket was thrown, blood spots sprinkled here and there. His gaze traveled to the mirror taking in the cracks and broken shards on the sink before he looked at her hand.

 "You're bleeding." he stated, finally figuring out what had taken place while she was in here. Jiyong reached into the small cabinet above the sink and grabbed the first aid kit they kept in it. Alice kept her gaze on the floor even as he grabbed her hand and lead her from the bathroom. He stopped in front on the dining room table, placing the kit down. He picked her up and placed her next to it, looking at her hand.

 "It's not bad but when I clean it, it'll hurt." he smiled, softly. His brothers sat in the living room just watching the two. Alice watched as he worked on her hand, her gaze excited yet confused. Once he was done he looked at her with a small smile.

 "Tomorrow I'm going to take you in to answer some questions about earlier." She nodded, knowing that would be the case. "But we can save that for tomorrow, right now I want you to meet my brothers." The four stood and walked over, gathering behind Jiyong.

 "Hello, I'm Seungri!" the youngest spoke, winking at her.

 "My name is Daesung, we met when you got here." Daesung smiled, patting her head."

 "These two right here are Youngbae and Seunghyun, both of which are the oldest." Jiyong finished, pointing to the two standing behind him. Alice looked at them with a tilted head. They were all good looking. Seunghyun was the tallest out of all five, he had mint green hair and sharp eyes.

 "Guys this is Alice." Jiyong said to the four. Alice bowed her head in greeting before looking to Jiyong.

 "I don't remember what happened." she said, surprising the four. It seems they didn't think she could talk. Jiyong nodded, knowing she would remember due to it being so tragic.

 "Don't worry, I'll be there with you the whole time." he replied. His boss was going to be upset but it was to be expected. Seunghyun took the time to order food while the two were talking. As they waited for dinner to arrive Alice and Daesung sat watching T.V in the living room while Youngbae, Jiyong, and Seunghyun sat at the table talking. Seungri had disappeared into his room, probably to sleep.