1 abandoned

Abandoned Broken love

You were a smart girl, actually too smart. You were so smart that you were offered a job, a very special job. You built Human Androids. They were robots built to look and act like humans for the jobs that humans wouldn’t do. You took the job although you thought it was very eerie. Just like any other electronic they became old and outdated. If they were obsolete they had to be dismantled, which to you was just like taking apart a real human. The first time you ever had to take apart you felt awkward about it. People always told you that there was nothing to worry about since androids didn’t really have feelings, but you thought otherwise. They had brought you an old model android and said that he was outdated and needed to be dismantled. You had finally gotten the courage to take him apart and you stepped up to the table. You opened a hatch on his chest and started to take out his memory chip, but you hear a humming noise and looked at the face of the android. You watched as a tear rolled down the androids face and at that moment you would never look at any android the same again.

 

You had had a rough day at work today and your hands were completely sore. You decided to take a walk to clear your mind before you went home. You weren’t really paying attention to where you were walking so when you looked up to see where you were you were surprised to see that you had walked through the woods alone. You started to hear a light buzzing sound, it was drawing you in. You followed that sound like a moth to light. You were unaware of where you were going; you just followed the mysterious buzzing sound deeper into the woods. You followed it until it drew you so far into the woods it was dark, but it wasn't night time. You ended up in front of the doors of an abandoned factory. You pulled the door open slightly and the buzzing sound had gotten louder. You continued to follow the sound into the basement of the old building. You listened for the buzzing sound and found a room with the doors closed. You carefully pushed open the doors and you could hear the buzzing sound loud and clear. You walked farther into the room and you stopped surprised at what you had seen. There were six outdated androids each on their own table, they were rusted and had frayed chords hanging from them. You saw an old tape recorder at the end of the room and guessed that the noise was coming from there. You looked around and hesitantly proceeded to the tape recorded. You noticed a chord hanging from it and carefully reached your hand up to push it in. the noise stopped abruptly and you sighed, you looked around and decided to leave as nothing else was happening. You turned yourself around ready to leave but something stopped you. One of the droids was missing and you were absolutely sure that he was on the table before. You started to worry and carefully walked past the other droids, not turning your head to any noises you heard. You had almost reached the doors of the room until you felt a cold metal hand on your arm.

“Please…don’t go” a metallic voice said

You turned slowly and saw the missing droid weakly standing in front of you. At first you were scared but you noticed he meant no harm to you. You looked him up and down; surely he was old and outdated maybe one of the first generation droids. You looked into his eyes which were a dim blue, signaling that he was losing power. As if his body heard your thought his grip on your arm began to weaken and his metal legs started to fail him. He started to fall and knowing that he could potentially burst apart if he hit the hard floor you reached out and caught him. You watched as his eyes faded more and decided to carry him back to the table he had started at. You looked at his pitiful rusted body and dim eyes and decided it would be better to switch the power off. You reached for the power switch next to his table but before you could turn the power out you heard his metallic voice again.

“Please…” was all he could choke out

You looked straight into his eyes and saw the sorrow you couldn’t just turn him off like that.

“What do you want me to do?..I..I can’t help you” you said looking at the dirty floor

“Fix us…” he said with a definite voice

“Me? I can’t it’s nearly impossible” you said stressing the impossible part

“Not impossible….please” he said squeezing your arm with the last bit of energy he had left as his eyes started to fade to black.

You looked at the droid who had used up all his power that he had stored up just to beg you to fix him and the others. You sighed knowing you could fix them but it would take a lot of time and money. You looked at him again.

“Okay... I’ll try to fix you but no promises”

You turned his head slightly to see his product number

"Y053OB, I guess I will call you Yeoseob" you said nodding.