final

Jealousy

a/n: This is rushed, I warn you!

 

 

 

It was their last day of Lunar New Year break, where all the boys arrived at their dorms already but still have no schedule until the next day. Junmyeon skipped his way to M's dorm to meet Minseok and probably spending some quality time together, only to be greeted by the sleepy Yixing on the couch watching some random drama, who waved his hand lazily as a gesture to welcome the leader.

 

"Why is this dorm is so quite?" Junmyeon asked, rather surprised by the contrast between K's and M's dorm, because his dorm at the time was like a playground on fire, Kris's life as a leader must be a lot more peaceful, he thought.

 

"Yifan is sleeping, Tao and Jongdae at K's dorm, so...." Yixing answered while still concentrating to find out the storyline of the drama he watched.

 

Junmyeon nodded at the realization of why his dorm was a lot louder, but still, M's dorm was still too quite, "Where's Minseok?" He asked, trying to locate his other half.

 

"Eh.... he's out." Yixing answered short.

 

Okay, let's sort some things out. It was their last day of break, which means, they're going to be busy soon, which means, they supposed to spend the day as well as possible, and instead of spending time with Junmyeon, Minseok decided to go with... Wait, "Out? With who?"

 

"My boyfriend. Junmyeon do you know why the girl in this drama is.... What?" Yixing who finally gave up in trying understanding the storyline of the drama, was about to asked Junmyeon but didn't have the chance to because he was greeted with Junmyeon's expression which is a mix of confused and upset.

 

"He's out? With Luhan?" Junmyeon gritted his teeth.

 

"Yeah...? Do you need water? Because I think I see smoke on your head." Yixing asked, genuinely concerned.

 

"Don't you think Minseok spends a little bit too much time with Luhan these days?" Junmyeon asked, after a glass of water later.

 

"Well, they're close, so?" Yixing answered short.

 

Junmyeon glared at Yixing from the corner of his eyes, and wondering did Yixing really have no sense of jealousy? "Still," he retorted, "Don't you think they're too close?" He tried to get his message to Yixing.

 

Yixing turned his head and stared at Junmyeon with an incredulous look, "Are you jealous? Do you really think Luhan would attracted to Minseok when he already has me? Nah! Minseok wouldn't stand a chance! Don't worry!" Yixing finished his sentence with a mocking pat on Junmyeon's shoulder.

 

"Die!"

 

What a way to comfort your friend.

 

==========

 

But it's not like Junmyeon's jealousy wasn't unreasonable at all, because in fact, Minseok indeed spends a lot more time with Luhan instead of him. Like that one time when they catch a break in between practice, even before he could grab a hold on Minseok's tail, his boyfriend already disappeared with no other than Luhan. It was almost like Minseok was dating Luhan instead of him, and wasn't Luhan supposed to date Yixing? Isn't it hard enough for them to be in different half of the group? They have to ride different car, and they also live in different dorm, and when they have the chance to, aren't they supposed to spend them together?

 

Junmyeon was upset, he was upset towards Minseok who seemed to abandoned him. He was upset towards Luhan who hogged Minseok all for himself. He even upset towards Yixing who seemed unable to keep his boyfriend on leash.

 

Junmyeon wasn't a clingy type of person the least, but even so, Minseok could be too oblivious sometimes, almost as if he has no sense at all. Sure, Minseok's personality is on the shy side, but there are times when Junmyeon thinks that Minseok has no interest to him. Everytime they kiss, it was Junmyeon who initiated it, holding hands, courtesy of Junmyeon too, went to a date, Junmyeon's idea too. Sure, it has only been a few months into their relationship, but how could there's no any progress even just a little?

 

Junmyeon’s patience was really put into a test for the next few days. Minseok kept disappearing and their daily interaction as a couple only consist of four things, good morning text, morning kiss, good night kiss, good night text. Junmyeon tried his best to not letting his feelings affect his responsibility as a leader, which, he did a good job at, even though once in a while Yixing had to offer him a glass of water because he said, quote, “You look burning.” And as you could guess, it wasn’t helping.

 

Until one day, Junmyeon’s patience not only was put into a test but a hell of final exam.

 

Since they were not really promoting these days, so, naturally they got some free time here and there, and their practice schedule was a little lose than usual. One night, Junmyeon was trying his luck and proceeded to M’s dorm, to, again, greeted by Yixing who busying himself in the kitchen. With no sight of Luhan around Yixing, Junmyeon’s head was already boiled with the thought of Minseok spending his time with Luhan again.

 

“If you’re looking for Minseok, he’s in his room with Luhan.” Yixing said even before Jumyeon got the chance to ask him.

 

Junmyeon squeezed his eyes shut, trying to calm himself down. “Why can’t you keep your boyfriend away from mine Xing?” He said desperately before stomping his way to Minseok’s room.

 

Yixing watching as Junmyeon walking through the hallway and chuckling to himself, he shook his eyes and mumbled, “You’ll love him even more.”

 

 

==========

 

 

Junmyeon leash out his detective (detective not stalker, mind you) when he carefully creaked Minseok’s room’s door open, only slightly, to peek inside the room out of curiosity of what Minseok and Luhan doing. Curiosity kills a cat, you can say, because when he saw the sight of Luhan’s and Minseok’s back on the floor being incredibly too close to his liking, Junmyeon was furious.

 

Slaming the door harder than he intended to, Junmyeon made the two boys on the floor jumped out of their skin, pushing something to under Minseok’s bed before scrambled to their feet. Junmyeon shifted his gaze between Minseok and Luhan, “What were you two doing?” He asked.

 

Luhan glanced at Minseok as if asking him to explain something to Junmyeon, but Minseok was busy staring at Junmyeon with wide eyes like a culprit. “Eh….” Luhan started, “I think you two need some time alone. I… I’ll help Yixing in the kitchen.” He finished before walking out of the room and closed the door behind him.

 

Inside, there was a thick awkward silence happening, Junmyeon was waiting for Minseok to say something, while Minseok, didn’t know where to start. “Is there anything you want to say?” Junmyeon finally asked again.

 

Minseok averted his gaze to anywhere but Junmyeon’s eyes, “About what?” He asked back.

 

Junmyeon exhaled an angry sigh, “I don’t know! Maybe about why you hate to spend times with me? Maybe about why you enjoy Luhan’s company so much? Or maybe about your real feeling towards me? Because I honestly don’t know whether if you actually like me or no, or whether if I’m just your charity case!”

 

“What? What are you talking about?” Minseok’s eyes opened even wider if that was possible.

 

“Isn’t that the case? You, you don’t really like me, do you? That’s why you always enjoy being with Luhan more than with me? Out of all people, why Luhan? He has Yixing, they’ve been dating for years!” Junmyeon let out his anger.

 

“I.. I..” Minseok stuttered not really knowing how to explain everything. He finally let out a defeated sigh, before pulling a paper bag out from under his bed and grabbed something from inside it, a black knitted beanie.

 

“What is that?” Junmyeon asked, not understanding.

 

“This… Luhan made one for Yixing. I wanted to make one for you too, so I asked him to teach me how to make one for you. We were about to wrap them before you came in. I’m sorry if I made you angry.” Minseok explained.

 

Well, that was awkward. “Why?” Junmyeon asked, not having any more intelligent thing to say.

 

“Uhm… Just because I wanted to. You always do a lot of things for me, but I really just have no idea of how to return all of them. You’re always so nice to me, and it seems like I never do anything for you.”

 

In a split seconds, Junmyeon suddenly remembered all of the things Minseok did. Of how Minseok always packed an extra towel for him, made sure that he brought his water bottle, and checked whether if he put enough clothes to make him warm. Sometimes it was just a pat on the back or a comforting smile when everything just too overwhelming for him. Maybe Minseok was too shy to initiate a skinship, but he showed his affection in hundreds different way. Junmyeon was too dumb.

 

“Are you… Are you not going to take it?” Minseok asked, snapping Junmyeon back to real world, while arm still awkwardly hanging in the air, as he handed the beanie to Junmyeon.

 

Junmyeon wasn’t really thinking when he took some big step towards Minseok and pulling his arm towards him. He crashed his lips to Minseok’s, kissing him senseless. The kiss speaks his apology and love toward the older boy, who whimpered softly under his touch.

 

“I’m sorry!” Junmyeon breathed, pressing their forehead together. “I was so dumb and misunderstood. And don’t you ever say you never did anything for me, you’ve done a lot. I’m so sorry!”

 

Minseok batted his eye lashes like what he always do, before cupping Junmyeon’s cheeks with his palms, and for the first time since five months they became a couple, Minseok kissed Junmyeon first.

 

==========

 

When they walked out from the room, minutes later, they found Luhan and Yixing in the kitchen, with Luhan sticking to Yixing’s side, pressing a kiss to Yixing’s cheeks and giggling happily after.

 

There was this tiny pang of jealousy inside Junmyeon’s chest when he saw Luhan and Yixing. Both of them were just so content with each other, like, they were so settled with their relationship. They’re not desperate to show people that they’re together, trust is never a problem, and Junmyeon swears, they talked with their eyes. They also don’t care about what people around them think or say about them, they’re just happy to be together and nothing can come between them. And the look on their faces when they’re together, oh, that disgusting look that make people around them happy, as if they were the one who were in the relationship.

 

But it’s alright, Junmyeon thought, he’ll work his relationship with Minseok, they’ll work on it. One step at a time, brick by brick, building their trust towards each other, learning new things everyday. They’ll be okay, it’s just the beginning. As of now, he knew that they love each other so much, and that’s enough.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


a/n2: Comments? I'll give you a kiss ( ˘ ³˘)♥