Chapter 5

Bestfriends or Not?



 

 

 

Kibum took one last peek of himself in the mirror. He would at least have to look a little similar to his usual self in meeting Jinki. He applied a thin make-up to cover up his dark circles, which did succeed. But the thing is, his clothes doesn't fit him the same way it had before. He knew he lost weight but he didn't expect it to be this noticeable.

 

 

Why would he care about how would he look like in front of Jinki? It isn't like Jinki would notice it, knowing that his bestfriend will always end up telling him stories about Jonghyun.

 

 

He shrugged as he fixed himself one more time, mentally preparing himself for the day. He looked at the time and saw it was 1:40. The meeting place was at least 10 minutes of walk from his house. But he doesn't want to be late.

 

 

After all, Kim Kibum is never late.

 

 

He grabbed his phone and wallet and begin his walk to their place. He walks briskly since it's not really that far and he calculated that he will not be late at this pace. He smiles bitterly as he pass by places which holds a certain memory about him and Jinki. He chuckled as he thinks that he might have to move to another place just to forget Jinki.

 

 

Humming along the song Jinki always sung, he arrives at the place him and Jinki would always meet up. He sees Jinki, seating at the bench located by the Cherry Blossom tree and wonders if he's late, which is not true since it's just 1:55 pm. 

 

 

Maybe Jinki was just a little early than usual today, he thinks as he sat down beside his bestfriend.

 

 

"Hi." He greeted. The greeting was simple. No over-excitement. Just a simple Hi.

 

Jinki turned to face him and his heart raced. "It's been a long time, don't you think?"

 

Kibum smiled a little and nodded. "Yes, it is. How are you? It's fun having someone, right?"

 

"Actually.... me and Jonghyun broke up. On the day you saw us at the café." Kibum was taken back by his words.

 

"Oh.. I'm sorry." Kibum felt himself shrink back in his seat, unable to move under Jinki's stare.

 

"It's okay. It's not like we didn't want this. Our relationship just took it's natural course." Jinki smiled reassuringly.

 

"But still -"

 

"We're not here to talk about that, okay? Let's enjoy the day." Jinki smiled and Kibum nodded. "Let's go?"

 

 

Jinki offers his hand to him, which he gladly took. Both of them smiled and Kibum thought that it's been a while since he smiled happily.

 

 



 

He soon found theirselves in the amusement park, lining up to buy their tickets. "I hope you don't mind being here." Jinki softly said.

 

He laughed before shaking his head no. "I actually like it here."

 

"I'm glad you did." The older of the two replied and turned to focus on the counter, paying their entrance ticket.

 

"Kibummie. Let's go. I already got the tickets."

 

"Yah, hyung! What's with you calling me Kibummie?" Kibum asked as they entered the park, which was pretty crowded today.

 

Jinki then turned to him with an innocent expression on his face. "Why? You don't want me to? But I used to call you that before." He ended with a pout that Kibum thought as the cutest thing ever.

 

"No, it's just that....you know, eversince you and Jonghyun....Aish. I don't know! Can we just ride that freaking roller coaster, Lee Jinki?!"

 

 

Jinki just laughs as Kibum drags him to the said ride.
 

 

 


 

I will not do this ever again. Kibum chants like a mantra as he and Jinki walks away from the roller coaster. He's dizzy. He feels like . And he knew he's gonna throw up any time soon.

 

 

"Are you alright, Bummie?" Jinki asks as he sees Kibum staggering towards the comfort room's direction.

 

Kibum smiles weakly and curses his weak stomach. He turns to Jinki and says, "I'm alri- " And emptied the contents of his stomach in front of Jinki, even spilling some to his and Jinki's shirt.

 

And when he's finished, he then curses himself for vomitting in front of Jinki. "I'm sorry, hyung. God. We're a mess." He continues to mumble and Jinki only smiled.

 

"Let's just buy a new shirt. We can't enjoy the day with looking and smelling like this." Jinki says as he grabs Kibum's hand, lacing it with his and walks to the souvenir shop.

 

 

They grabbed the first two shirts they saw, checked the size and pay at the cashier. The cashier gave them a weird stare but proceeded to do her job. Jinki and Kibum took her stare as something related to what they look and smell right now. But both of them wouldn't give a damn about it.

 

 

Going to the nearest comfort room, they went inside two cubicles and both changed to their respective shirt. After fixing theirselves and getting rid of that horrendous smell, they went out to wash their hands.

 

 

They teased each other because of the shirt color they chose. Blue for Jinki and Pink for Kibum.

 

 

"Oh come on, hyung. Who doesn't love pink?" Kibum scoffed as he heard Jinki's guffaw laugh in the background. He checks himself in the mirror and notices something unusual about the shirt.

 

 

His and Jinki's looked similar. Something like a couple shirt.

 

 

"Hyung....." His voice faltered. Jinki hummed in reply. "Our shirt....C-couple..S-sh-shirt." Kibum pointed at the mirror and Jinki just stared.

 

"So what?"

 

"But....it's what couples wear. We shouldn't wear something like this."

 

Jinki once again held Kibum's hand and smirked. "Oh, come on. Where's the fun in that?" Jinki laces their fingers together. "Let's go! We don't have all day to spend in the comfort room when there's plenty of rides waiting for us."

 

 



 

Plenty of rides later and a dozen of nagging from Kibum, they decided that's it's already time to stop playing and eat. Kibum led Jinki to the restaurant near the amusement park, the one that sells chicken, much to the older's delight.

 

 

They didn't even let go of each other's hand during the walk and both felt the same thing.

 

 

The feeling they get everytime they intertwined their hands together, which they are starting to love.

 

 

The chills that went up their spine and that racing heart beat they get everytime they caught one another staring.

 

 

Kibum concludes that it's one of the best feelings he felt in the whole wide world. Same goes with Jinki.