Early Morning

Day and Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Daeryong POV~

 

The early morning sun shone through my window brightly, abruptly waking me of my slumber.
I slowly removed my thick blankets from my body and shook myself awake.
I rested my head in my hands and inhaled the slick morning air.
My hair was oily with the sweat of the morning and stuck out in all directions before i pushed it down against my scalp.
It was roughly 7 am and time for work. 

The carpet felt scratchy against my toes as i made my way down the short hall to my brothers room.
The hallway was dark and drab, with all the windows covered by random bits of material; that we decided were curtains.
I knocked on the wooden door modestly and rested my head against it momentarily before opening it.
Soryong groaned loudly, retreating under the blankets when he heard my foot steps heading towards his bed.
I slumped myself onto his crumpled body and closed my eyes.

"DAERYONG get off." He attemptated a a weak kick at my ribs, but really, he's weak as .
I flicked his nose in defience and that seemed to do the trick.

"Fine, get off, i'm up! get off!" After finally erupting from his bed, he decided that i needed a punch to the arm, which i expertly dodged.
I ran off to the bathroom laughing leaving Soryong to slowly pull himself out of his dreamy haze.

My brother and i ran a family diner in the backstreets of China.
The diner was small in size, only big enough for two small tables and eight barstools.
We never got many customers, but the ones we did get were usuals; friends with our late father usually.
The diner was passed down to us a year and a half ago.
I don't have the heart to alter it in anyway, so it remains in vintage condition.
Soryong went to work on setting up the kitchen and cutlery while i went to raise the shutters.
The bright Hong Kong sun streamed in, illuminating each glass with a small rainbow, and defining each scar of the old place. 

"It's too early" I whined before slumping myself on a barstool.

"It's not too early" Soryong was still drying glasses and seeting them up behind the bar.

"Says the guy that tried to kick me when i woke him up ten minutes ago!"

"I'm not a morning person, but once i'm up, i'm fine" I tutted at my younger sibling as i spun childishly on my stool.
Soryong switched on the ancient radio looming in the back of the bar; leaning over it to find a decent tuning.
A well known hip hop song started playing and the we both sported large grins as w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter