CH 01

The MatchMaker

You waited patiently for your parents to fall asleep, and in a few minutes, they were snoring soundly. You tiptoed your way to your room, locking the door. The window was wide opened, and outside was a tree, its branches stretching towards you. It was your escape. Every night you would wait until your parents slept, locked your room, opened the window and climb down the tree. You would go meet up with Baekhyun every night. That was when your world would light up. Your eyes would open and ignite with a flame of life. Your ears would suddenly perk up. Most of all your soul would be drenched in what seems like a fountain of eternal joy. Just the thoughts of him would make you smile a love struck fool.

You climbed over the wall that separated your community with the rest of the world. Your heart warmed at the familiar sight of a abandoned house; it was old, but one could still live in it. It was the usual hangout for the twelve of you.

Suho, your "guardian" as well as the others.

Chanyeol the "Happy Virus". The boy could make anyone smile.

Baekhyun, who was your friend. Well, more than a friend. He was your lover.

D.O, the "umma" of the group.

Kai, the player. Seriously, how many girls did he have?

Sehun, the adorable maknae. Ahem.

Xuimin. Bao Zi.

Kris. Just the cold guy.

Lay, the cooking "umma".

Chen the troll.

Tao. Kung Fu Panda. Romantic Panda. Shower Panda. And yourself.

Only you and Baekhyun lived in the "society". The others lived, well, somewhere other than where you lived. They knew your situation and the law you lived under and kept everything a secret. You knocked the door, waiting for someone to open up. Nobody answered. You were about to step in--

"Stop right there young lady!" a deep voice demanded,"Put both your hands up and turn around." You stiffened, and did as the voice told you to do so. It wasn't a Law Enforcer. It was just Baekhyun.

"Yah! Byun Baekhyun, you scared me!" you said, laughing along with him,"Don't ever scare me like that again! I thought you were really one of those Law Enforcers!"

Law Enforcers, hence their name, were special officers who have the right to arrest you if they suspected that you were breaking the law, which technically you and Baekhyun were breaking and could be killed right on the spot now.

017. You cannot love anyone else but the one society matches you up with. If found guilty, crime is paid through the death penalty.

Baekhyun grinned,"I'll protect you. Don't worry." You swore. His smile was warm enough to melt you whole. He was right. He would protect you. He would be by your side forever. His love for you was unquestionable;your love was devoted to him. He was your Prince Charming, your brave and loving knight in shining armor.

"You're thinking about something." Baekhyun said, interrupting you from your train of thoughts. He smirked,"Me right?"

You blushed. He was partially right.

"Bingo!" he cheered, then seeing you not cheering along with him, he scooted closer to you,"What's wrong, Minji?"

"It's tomorrow." you answered nervously," Where we go to the "MatchMaker".

"And?"Baekhyun asked, not the slightest hint of worry in his voice. You sighed. Baekhyun could be so dense at times like this.

"What if I get paired up with someone other than you Baekhyun?" you said, your wrinkles growing deeper as you were frowning.

"Stop that." Baekhyun said.

"Stop what?" you asked, frowning

. "Frowning and thinking like that." he answered.

"No."

"Then I'll..." Baekhyun trailed off, leaning forward and closer to you until he kissed you. "Kiss you." he finished after the kiss.

You stuck out your tongue,"Give my kiss back you pabo!"

"No."

"Listen Minji," Baekhyun said,"We're going to be a match. I know it. Then I'll marry you."

"And we could be together forever." you continued, yawning. You tried to stifle it, but Baekhyun knew. He smiled and shuffled your hair."Pabo, get some sleep."

"Baekhyun?" you murmured,"I love you."

"I love you too Minji." he replied, but you were already fast asleep, taken to your dreamland.

When you woke up the next morning, you found yourself hugging Baekhyun and vice versa. "Baekhyun." you called,"Wake up. We have to go remember?" His eyes opened wide awake, and in a split second, he was up and ready. You were about to change when you remembered Baekhyun was still there.

"Yah! Pevert! Get out!" you yelled, your face flushed with red. Baekhyun smirked some more,"Just me and you, girl~"

"YAH! BYUN BAEKHYUN! I SWEAR TO GOD YOU ARE THE MOST ERTED GUY I EVER MET! NOW GET OUT!"

When you stepped out of the bathroom, you smelled breakfast. It was either D.O or Lay. Not that it mattered. They both cooked great. You grabbed a toast and stuck it in your mouth, heading out the door.

"Good luck!" D.O called from the kitchen. You nodded in appreciation.

"Thanks!" you shouted back. You and Baekhyun decided to come in different times just to avoid suspicion.

A lady eyed you, from head to toe and bluntly said,"Name."

"Cho Minji."

"You may proceed to enter."

The 18 year olds were all rounded into a room. In the midst of the chaos, you caught a glimpse of Baekhyun. His smile, as mesmerizing as ever, his eyes, full of confidence live never. He caught eye contact with you and in an instant you knew his message.

Stay calm. Everything is going to be alright.

But it wasn't. You let out a hesitant smile, and he gave a bigger one in return, pumping his fists into the air. ​

Hwaiting!

You nodded, pumping your fists into the air too.

"Listen up!"a short stocky man yelled,"Two lines! Boys on one! Girls on the other!" A few good lucks were exchanged, nothing more, and that was the end of it. A name would be called and he/she would be led into an even smaller room.

After what seemed like a millennia, the man came returned. "Cho Minji! You're up!"

A/N: Please enjoy. And don't forget to subscribe, comment, and upvote.^^ Have a good day! ​