CH 02

The MatchMaker

You entered a dimly lit room; the only light that illuminated the room came from the screens fastened to the walls until not a single space could be seen. All the screens had a blue background with a big red heart in the middle with the dreaded words in big, ugly letters "MatchMaker".

The "MatchMaker was a system created by society. It pairs you up with your "match" who supposedly was the one you'll be with all your life. 

That was the original plan, before the system was corrupted by the leader of the society you lived in.

Years ago, way before you were born, a group of scientists developed an experiment, but they needed people. The most intelligent, the ones with the most leadership, the strongest, and so on. They offered free housing, free schooling, and money, but in return, they would use you. You had to live under their "right" and "just" laws. You had to follow the "great" and "mighty" leader who in your eyes, was just a tyrant. You could never leave this society. It gave birth to a community of people;smarter, stronger, just better, but lonely and sad, without a hear, isolated from the rest of the world. A wall, a literal, real, solid wall was built around the territory. It was the wall you and Baekhyun had to climb over every night to meet up and hang out together with your "friends". At night, when it was the safest, when nobody would question your disappearance and no suspicion would arouse.

"Please take a seat and remain in place." a monotone voice ordered. Some of the marble tiles folded themselves back and a seat propelled up. You sat down, and once again, the tiles folded themselves back. The only difference was that out came a computer terminal (the ones you see in sci-fi movies).

"Please place headphones on." it was the monotone voice again, and you shakedly put them on. You blinked. You were no longer on the room. Your almost forgot to breath when you looked at your surroundings. You were in a forest. It was full of trees, flowers, and animals. It was paradise to anyone's eyes. 

If only Baekhyun was here.

"It's so...beautiful." you murmured.

"Is it so?" a voice said, obviously amused, chuckling at your reaction, probably. You turned around so quickly, surprised, that you tripped, proceeding to fall. The person caught you saying," Whoa there, I know I'm handsome but don't fall for me." 

He seemed so like Baekhyun. But when you looked at him, it wasn't Baekhyun. You swallowed back your dissapointment. Your heart fell, suddenly as heavy. The stranger looked at you, and seeing your face, asked," Are you alright? You look sick..." 

You nodded, trying to smile. He didn't look convinced.

"What's your name?" you asked," I've never seen you before. Besides, I would know any cute, handsome guys from around here." You gasped, clapping your hands over your mouth.

Did you really just say that?

"Stupid stupid stupid Cho Minji." you scolded your self out loud in a low voice.

"So you're Cho Minji. A name as beautiful as the creature herself. I'm Xi Luhan. The handsomest boy you ever met in your life."

You chatted with him for a while. You told him about your family background, and he told you about his.

 His eyes would sparkle in such a way that made people wonder if he was a divine being, an angel. He had a childish face that didn't match his age at all. There was one word to describe him. Cute. He turned to face you, and your heart let out a tiny "thumpety-thump." He turned to open his mouth and speak to you, but the monotone voice interrupted once again.

"Please take off headphones."

Luhan turned and glanced at you.

"We'll meet soon. I'm sure of it. Because we're a match."

Oh no...

He took his headphones off, and his figure shimmered once. Twice. Then he disappeared. You took off your headphones.

You were back in the dimly lit room. A paper floated down and you missed it completely as it fell down onto the floor. You picked it up, shutting your eyes.

Your session with the "MatchMaker" is over. Your match is Xi Luhan. Congratulations!"

You walked out of the room, biting your lips. 

"Baekhyun..."

 

 

A/N: Thanks for reading.^^ Don't forget to subscribe, comment, and upvote.