Spoiled

Her Mistakes

 

Krystal despised how easily she could cry. Not because of a sad story, not because of happy surprises. Almost every day, like the rain in that small town, she shed tears because of her emptiness. Instead of feeling happy that she had a loving older sister, there were times when she wondered if she could trade her sister to her parents. Krystal knew full well how bad her thoughts were, however, Alice felt responsible for Krystal’s life and controlled the younger teenager too much.

Inside their friends’ circle, it was an unwritten rule that you can’t dwell too much about your family. Even though both sisters said it countless times, nobody really believes that they’re fine with hearing stories of simple family gatherings, about small conflicts between concerned mothers and hormonal daughters. Krystal could give up her sister Alice for a chance to feel their parents’ rage and warmth. And even though the lone sisters never discussed it, both longed for a family feeling. Right now, both girls couldn’t lie that they are close siblings. Instead of that, both are more in a guardian-child relationship. And even if Krystal wanted to stop throwing tantrums and become close to Alice, she didn’t dare to take the first step. According to her, Alice was more on fault on the subject.

 

*

 

Tonight, Krystal heard the voice for the sixth time. The young girl didn’t want to, but she could feel becoming more and more used to it. The last time she heard it, it sort of felt relieving. The voice somehow spoke most of Krystal’s feelings that she doesn’t show anyone.

A short conversation took place inside the girl’s busy mind.

…Don’t say that. Your sister would be hurt if she heard that.

But it’s the truth.

You don’t mean that. You only have your sister now, Krystal.

Your grandma will soon pass away, what then?

I told you, stop speaking like my sister. It gets on my nerves.

What then, Krystal?

I’m no fool. I know it will happen sooner or later.

It’s not that bad, if you think about it. She would surely go to a better place.

I just wish my grandma could at least have a proper conversation with me before that.

To have something to remember her by?

Right. Now I can’t imagine her any other way than lying in the bed, sick to the core.

I’m sure you’ll have the chance. But you know, her time is nearing the end.

How can you sound so sure about it?

It’s in my power to sense that, Krystal.

Who are you?

I’m just a being that is trying to help you, to protect.

Protect from what?

 

When the voice disappeared, Krystal fought the need to punch the wall beside her. She had so many questions to ask, but she needs to be smart about her choice of words, said to the mysterious creature. Krystal felt angered. She was so young, but so many difficult things were happening to her. She needed someone to talk to. Someone beside her sister, since, Alice is one of the biggest difficulties in her life. Nobody could tell, but they have a really tense relationship.

Krystal concluded- she needed a savior.

 

*

 

Gabriel patiently waited on the bench outside a shopping spree for a tall black haired girl to appear. Waving his hands to Krystal who was slowly approaching him, he let his mouth form a wide smile. Muttering short greetings, they quietly walked beside each other. The boy felt slightly confused about what to do next. He was the one to propose an idea to meet up, lying that he needed some shopping to do. With much persuasion the girl agreed on Friday’s evening, when her sport activities are over. But here they are both not knowing what to say, walking straight with no direction in mind.

“So what do you want to buy?”

Gabriel scratched his head. “I need more… warm clothes. Oh, and Christmas’ gifts would be a nice thing to find.”

“Not so sure about finding the gifts here,” Krystal chuckled, pointing at a clothing shop on his left,” But this shop has some nice warm designs for men.”

Nodding, Gabriel followed the girl into the store, looking around with a grinning face.

“Not bad.”

“Told you,” the girl smiled. Taking two sweaters from a hanger, she held them in front of the boy, looking intently at the fabric.

“Try this one.” Taking his arm, she pulled him towards the changing room and showed a red warm sweater in his embrace. “Shout when you’re done. I’m going to look for more.”

Gabriel obediently went inside and started undressing. For a minute, he inspected the sweater that Krystal chose, signing as a response. “This will look terrible.”

“Heard that!”

Gasping, he poked out his head from the curtains. Krystal was standing nearby, looking though some jeans.

“You done already?” Krystal didn’t even turn her head towards him. “If not, then hurry up, I want to see.”

“Sorry about that,” he apologized and closed the curtains. Putting on the red cloth, he looked at the mirror. Red didn’t quite fit him, he was sure of it, but this surely seemed acceptable.

“Hm, not good enough,” Krystal voiced out her thoughts as soon as Gabriel walked out of the dressing room. “Take these,” she smiled as she put around twelve different clothing on his extended hands.

Taking off seventh pair of jeans, Gabriel was tired beyond words. It was a really bad idea to come up with this plan. However, he also felt a bit amused, seeing Krystal getting so into it. But, if this goes on any longer, he swears someone will have to pay. Daniel, most likely, since he proposed the idea to keep their eyes’ on Krystal 24/7.

“I’m done.” He came up to the girl, who has a silly grin plastered on her delicate features while she was choosing a scarf for him.

“So fast! Would you like try some accessories too?”

“No, maybe next time.”

“Oh- alright. So, will you buy anything?” She gave him an expectant look; she was so glad about her choices of colors and designs that she hoped he would buy something. Half an hour has already passed in this shop.

“All of it.” Grinning, he walked over to the cashier and put the clothes on the desk. He reminded himself that he should check his brains when done. How did he fell for those eyes? Her interested eyes were so different from the look he gets at school, what he, without another thought, blabbered something stupid. All of it? He’s going to pay for all of it?

Krystal, on the other hand, had the same question hanging in . He had that money here to pay for all of the clothes she chose? Was he, perhaps, insane? But she couldn’t stop him. She felt happy and relieved that he liked her choices. Proud, she waited as he took the bags and walked outside.

“Do you need anything else?”

Gabriel sure as hell didn’t want to do any more of tryouts, but he couldn’t let her go back home so soon. Not even an hour has passed since they met up.

Panicking for what to do now, he eyed the shopping spree. “There, let’s go there!” He quickly dashed to a small takeout food stand, gripping his wallet tightly in his hands. Krystal rolled her eyes and slowly came up behind him.

“Are you hungry?” she asked, gulping down as the delicious smell reached her tiny nose. Maybe the question was meant more for her than Gabriel, since, she ate so little today.

Without looking back, the tall boy pointed to hotdogs and ordered some soft drinks. The owner of the stand smiled and counted the money. With food and cups in their hands, they sat on a bench near a jewelry store.

Sipping on their soda, the two sat quietly, not making any eye contact. When done, Krystal’s stare fell on huge shopping bags that were placed on the ground between them. “Thanks for the snack.”

“Don’t mention it,” he smiled and stood up, taking his newly bought bags in both hands. Krystal was about to carry some too, but he just shook her hands away, saying that it wouldn’t look very gentlemanly of him. She just chuckled and went along with it. Awkwardly looking around, the boy once again wondered for a time distraction.

“What do you want for Christmas?”

The girl was surprised by a sudden mention of gifts. “Nothing in particular, why?”

“If I and my brother will be attending the party, we have to buy some gifts beforehand, of course,” he stated with a serious look.

“The party is not about gifts; I should’ve informed you about it earlier.” Signing, she rested her eyes upon one particular brand-name store just a few meters before them. He caught her glancing at the expensive shop and gave her a tender smile.

“Even if it’s that way, you must have felt burdened of our sudden presence in the group. Think of my gift as a thank-you sign.”

Trying to be polite, she shook her head wildly. “No! No. We are glad you stick with us. Only good thoughts are what matter to us, either way. No need for gifts.”

Chuckling, Gabriel responded, “Don’t be so humble. Let’s go inside, shall we?” And so, he started walking towards the luxurious shop. It was probably the only expensive shop in town, he concluded, after eyeing the whole shopping spree while waiting for Krystal earlier.

On the other hand, Krystal didn’t really know what to do. To accept, or not, that was her biggest dilemma right now. As much as she wanted to receive something like a pretty dress or beautiful necklace, what she never did, her brains reminded of how little did she knew the handsome boy. Even if she said so earlier, he was still a stranger, who just started to get along with her friends. Not to mention she already feels antipathy for his older brother, that good-looking weirdo.

Biting her lips, she grabbed a hold of his baggy jeans jacket and stopped him before going further into the shop. “At least wait for me.”

 

*

 

Almost two hours later, two exhausted students flopped their tired bodies on the grass in the park. Fully packed, heavy bags were placed around their lying bodies, indicating how much shopping they had done. Since it was getting pretty late outside, not many people were passing the park; the two could comfortably lie on the still wet ground (it was raining this afternoon again).

Krystal, after fitting the first mini skirt on, couldn’t hold her back. She felt some sort of relief while looking for clothes, and to her to try them, even. Since she ‘fell in love’ with so many clothes, Gabriel insisted of buying most of them. Now, the girl shyly looked at all her bags of clothes and didn’t dare to speak. How could she act so spoiled, to let him pay for everything? Well, she couldn’t pay for even a one dress, but still, she had to at least try to stop him. But what did she do? Yeah, she just grinned like an idiot and thanked him.

“Thank you, again,” she voiced out her thoughts that sounded more like an apology to his ears.

“It was just a gift, no need to thank again.”

She quickly sat up and stared at him for a while. “No no, I must. You surely didn’t have to buy me so much.”

Gabriel closed his eyes and placed his arm under his head for stability. “Well, what can I say- you looked particularly good in those clothes.” Not receiving any kind of response from the girl, he slowly opened his eye lids and smiled at the view. The dark haired girl was blushing and trying to hide it with her palms on the cheeks.

“You will be popular among girls, I promise you,” she muttered while locking her gaze with his. His grin just grew wider.

“I’ll take that as a compliment.”

“Well, that is, some sort of compliment, Gabe.”

The boy turned his head to the sky. “Gabe? So that’ll be my nickname?”

“For now,” she cheekily stated, also averting her eyes to the full moon.

“Can I take you home? It’s not safe for you to walk such a distance so late.”

“I-I should call Tiffany. I promised Alice to ask for a ride home from her.”

“I came with my car. So how about you let me act as a gentleman and get you back safely?”

Krystal chuckled at that. He was acting like a generous boy all this day. But well, she guessed he wouldn’t take ‘no’ for an answer.

“Alright.”

 

 

 

-

Please answer this poll, it would help me a lot :) If you have any character suggestions, please write it down. Thanks!

Also, please check out my latest story: 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/750006/be-a-man-fxband-krystal-jackson-mark-got7