Chapter _ 002

Near The End

After the attack, Chanyeol took Baekhyun and Kai to a safe place. After one hour closed inside that building full of Infected, they finally reached the end and were now a little safer than before. But they weren’t fine yet. One of the walkers that attacked Baekhyun and Kai earlier broke Baekhyun’s leg and the boy needed medical care. They couldn’t go back now, they had to continue and give Baekhyun to the smugglers. Since Chanyeol was in the army, they asked for help and Chanyeol did his magic with some supplies he had around and patched Baekhyun’s leg up.

 And then the night fell. Chanyeol was nice enough to let Kai and Baekhyun rest there and also gave them food. That boy sure wasn’t like the rest of the army guys they knew.

“Why were you there ?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun, looking a little mad.

“That was what I was going to ask you.” Baekhyun answered, also looking mad and glaring at Chanyeol.

“I have some business to take care of and took that route as a shortcut. Then I found you guys almost getting killed.” Chanyeol explained, taking his army clothes off and changing to comfortable ones.

“Do you…know each other ?” Kai asked, really confused and looking at both with a strange face.

“Yeah. He brought me supplies this morning and we met.” Baekhyun explained, moving slightly and laying down.

“Okay… Seems legit.” Kai said, looking around and then laying down, falling asleep seconds later.

“Scoot.” Chanyeol said as he approached Baekhyun and lifted the covers.

“W-What ?!” Baekhyun yelled as he looked at Chanyeol with a slight red and shocked face.

“What, what ? This is my place. I’m not sleeping on the floor, so scoot.” Chanyeol replied, trying to grab Baekhyun.

“S-Sleep on the floor ! Sleep on the floor !” Baekhyun kept yelling as he got grabbed by Chanyeol and pushed a little to the side. He grabbed the smaller boy tightly and laid down next to him, closing his eyes, trying to sleep.

Baekhyun bit his lower lip and tried to get out of the ‘hug’, but without success. He had no choice but to sleep in that position. And so he did, it didn’t take long for Baekhyun to fall asleep. He surely was tired even though he got carried all the way there.

Baekhyun wasn’t used to sleep in that sort of position – cuddling – yet, he was feeling a little comfortable, way too comfortable.

In the next day, when they all woke up and ate, Chanyeol remained sitting and looking towards the two males that were getting ready to leave.

“So, where the hell are you going ?” He asked, looking at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun didn’t say anything. He remained quiet as he slowly putted his supplies inside his old brown bag. Chanyeol, mad at the silence, got up and approached the boy, grabbing his wrist. Baekhyun’s sleeve moved, revealing half of his arm. Chanyeol’s eyes widened as he quickly grabbed his gun and pointed it at Baekhyun’s head, freezing the smaller male.

“You’re bitten !” Chanyeol yelled, startling Kai who quickly ran to save Baekhyun.

“Don’t shoot !” Kai yelled, trying to grab the gun, but ended up being pushed to the side.

“He’s going to turn and kill us !” Chanyeol yelled, pushing Kai away over and over again.

“Put that gun down ! You’re scaring him !” Kai and Chanyeol kept yelling at each other, leaving frozen Baekhyun fall to the floor.

Baekhyun, trembling, hugged his own legs and hid his face between them, crying.  His body wouldn’t stop shaking, he was frightened. Chanyeol turned, pointing, once again, his gun towards the boy’s head.

“That bite is three months old.” Kai said, gabbing Chanyeol’s arm, making the tall male put the gun down.

“Three months old ? That’s impossible !” Chanyeol said, his voice shaking while he looked at the frightened boy sitting on the floor.

“He’s immune.” Kai said, making Chanyeol’s eyes widen. Kai backed away, returning to what he was doing, leaving the two males alone.

Chanyeol threw his gun to the side and hugged Baekhyun tightly, picking him up and carrying him to the table. He sat the boy there, grabbed his cheeks and moved his leaning closer, making Baekhyun face him. Baekhyun’s eyes were filled with tears, he wouldn’t stop shaking with fear. This was making Chanyeol’s heart ache.

“Baekhyun…Baekhyun…” Chanyeol kept calling the boy’s name as he shook his frozen body.

“Y-You…a-almost killed me…” Baekhyun answered, still frozen.

“I’m so sorry. I really am.” Chanyeol hugged the boy tightly, he sighed, feeling guilty.

“Why…I thought you were different…” Baekhyun mumbled, trying to push the other away, but without success.

“Baekhyun. Let’s go.” Kai said, putting his backpack on and walking towards the boy.

“You can’t go. He’s still injured.” Chanyeol said, grabbing Baekhyun and picking him up, bridal style.

“We have to go.” Kai explained, following Chanyeol around.

“I’ll go with you then!” Chanyeol shouted, making Baekhyun cover his ears with his hands.

“Baekhyun, c’mon, let’s go.” Kai ordered as he looked at the younger, glaring at him.

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol, his hands holding the boy’s shirt.

“…If I let you come…will you protect us…?” Baekhyun questioned, leaving Chanyeol without words. Kai used the opportunity to grab Baekhyun and carry him away.

Kai left the safe house while carrying Baekhyun, leaving Chanyeol mesmerized while staring at them leaving. Chanyeol bit his lip and grabbed his bag, stuffing it with food and medicine. He grabbed a bag with guns and bullets and his leather jacket and ran out of the safe house, following both boys path.

Kai, who was already far away with Baekhyun, put the boy down, breathing heavily. Baekhyun was freezing. His lips were turning purple and his eyelids were getting heavier and heavier, he couldn’t keep his eyes open anymore.

Kai dragged the boy to an abandoned factory without even taking a look to see if it had Infected inside.

“Baekhyun, don’t sleep.” Kai ordered, slowly slapping the boy’s cheek to maintain him awake.

“I can’t… it’s…so…cold…” Baekhyun said, trying hard not to fall asleep, but he eventually did.

 

“Baekhyun… ? Baekhyun ? Wake up.” A voice called out the boy’s name. He tried to open his eyes but couldn’t. The voice seemed so close and familiar.

Not receiving a reaction from the boy, the person that was trying to wake Baekhyun up, kissed him. The soft lips of the person above him made his tired eyes open, yet, everything was blurry. Baekhyun’s reaction wasn’t what the person was expecting. Instead of quickly pull back, Baekhyun deepened the kiss and held his arms around the other’s neck. After a few minutes kissing, Baekhyun took a closer look to the person. He figured out that it was a male, and the male was Park Chanyeol.

“...N-NO WAY !” Baekhyun shouted, but his mouth quickly got covered by Chanyeol’s hand.

“Shh ! We’re surrounded…” Chanyeol ordered. Baekhyun nodded and held the male’s arm. Baekhyun couldn’t believe that the person that he kissed was Chanyeol. His cheeks were extremely red.

But then he remembered about his friend Kai, that wasn’t around. Scared, Baekhyun looked for his friend. He didn’t seem to find him, instead, he found a pool of blood and the other’s bag and gun.

“C-Chanyeol… W-Where’s Kai…?” Baekhyun asked, looking at the other with teary eyes. Chanyeol blocked the door and walked to the other, hugging him tightly.

“I don’t know… I found you alone with his bag around you.” Chanyeol said, kissing the other’s forehead. Baekhyun cried, hugging the other as tight as he could.

Chanyeol carried Baekhyun out of the factory through a window. He carried the boy to the place Kai had written on a paper, some kind of well protected Dojo.

The truth was, Kai asked Chanyeol to take Baekhyun to the Dojo. He got injured while protecting the other and went to the Dojo first after getting patched up by Chanyeol.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were now a team. They are going to spend some months together. How will their relationship turn ?