Fill My Heart [FINAL]

Fill My Heart

Minwoo walked down the street. His brown puppy eyes stared at the black, starless sky. He once again heard shuffling of feet and laughing behind him. Minwoo stopped and looked over his shoulder as dark figures ducked down alleyways. He sighed as he continued walking. He had just come from his parents' house. They ignored him again like always, but this time it hurt much worse...

 

-Flashback-

 

"Appa" Minwoo said looking at his father "Appa?"

 

"Why do we even keep him around?" The said man asked as he sipped his tea "He's more useless than anything"

 

"He's our son, Yeobo" His umma said looking at her cup of wine "as much as we don't want to accept it, Minwoo is our son"

 

"He's so bloody useless" Mr No repeated. "He's always looking at us to help him out when he refuses to help us back when we ask him"

 

"I know." Mrs No said looking up. "But we can't just tell him we don't want him as our son anymore."

 

The man smirked. "We don't have to." he said looking behind his wife.

Minwoo's umma froze, her violet eyes grew wide as she turned to find Minwoo staring at them in shock. "Minwoo ah, wait..." She said but the young boy was already running out of the door.

 

-End of Flashback-

 

Minwoo sighed, his parents didn't want him, he felt useless. Maybe his parents were right. Everyone else was better than him. Minwoo turned down a random alleyway only to find himself in a dead end. He heard laughing, but he just closed his eyes as a few drops of cold, wet, water fell from the sky. He welcomed the rain as tears he couldn't find. He felt a hand close around his shoulder. He looked lazily at the hand, then the person it belonged to. He knew his brown eyes were begging for death by the expression the stranger gave him. He was spun around; his back was pressed against the brick wall with a dagger at his throat.

 

"Do it" he whispered "Please, I beg you" he felt the pressure the of dagger slowly vanish. Dammit, he thought, they never do what you ask. He felt his cheek get cupped by a warm hand, his eyes closed as he lightly nuzzled the hand. He slowly opened his eyes and looking into the unknown man's black eyes.

 

"Kill me" he begged quietly. "Please" He bit his lip as the man uttered a quick 'No'. Minwoo looked down. "Why not?" he asked. "If you don't I will"

 

"You're throwing your life away." the man said, he had a somewhat soothing voice. "What had happened to make you want to throw away your life so quickly?"

 

Minwoo felt tears filling his eyes. "Nobody cares" he whispered, his puppy brown eyes closing once again as another wave of depression came over him. "Nobody loves" he shook his head as his pale shaking hands gripped his soft chestnut coloured hair. "They don't want me" he muttered backing up against the wall. His parents were driving him mad.

 

"Hey!" the man said grabbing the smaller boy's cold hands" There are still people who are about you."

 

"Who?" Minwoo said. He didn't even want to look at the man

 

"I don't know, but I want to help you" the man said grasping Minwoo's hands in his. "Please, if I can't bring you back I won't stop you from taking your life"

 

Minwoo opened his eyes and looked up at the man. "I-I guess, if you really want to." he said. He actually wanted the man's company more than anything else. Somehow he knew this man would help him in the long run, maybe more than either of them could imagine. He also wasn't ready to die, he used to be happy. Maybe he could be happy again.

 

"I'm Donghyun, by the way" the man said pulling the younger boy out of the alleyway. "Kim Donghyun."

 

"M-Minwoo" the boy said a faint blush on his face, he had just met this hyung and they were already holding hands. "No Minwoo"

 

Donghyun stopped "No? Mrs No's son?" he asked, but soon regretted it.

 

Minwoo stepped back, his terrified eyes widened. He knew his umma? That means they must be close friends, meaning his umma would go to Donghyun for help and find him there. He let out a cry before running in the opposite direction. He didn't hear Donghyun yell after him, or feel the heavy rain on his bare skin. Minwoo just ran until he tripped and slid a few feet in the mud, scratching his arms against a few rocks in the process. The poor boy just laid there, drenched to the bone, shivering violently as a light breeze blew across his body.

 

Minwoo closed his tired eyes as he drifted in and out of consciousness, listening to the soft pattering sound if the rain hitting him and the ground. Minwoo really felt like trash, laying dirty and unwanted on the ground. However, he soon felt hands touch his neck before he was carefully lifted and wrapped in something warm. His head rolled limply as he was carried gently towards what he expected was Donghyun's house. He was warm, but his body was still shivering violently in the elder's arms.

 

"Hang in there Minwoo.." Donghyun said looking at the delicate body in his arms. He reached out and opened his front door. He quickly shut and locked it. Donghyun looked down at the younger male. Minwoo was extremely pale and was still shivering, he was also completely drenched. He carried Minwoo up to his bedroom, lowering Minwoo gently on the bed and went into his closet. He pulled out some dry clothes and helped Minwoo change into the more comfortable clothes.

 

Minwoo allowed Donghyun to dress him, for his whole body was numb and he couldn't move his limbs. He felt a warm hand press against his forehead before he was covered up with several blankets, passing out almost instantly after that.

 

Donghyun checked one more time before walking out of the door and down to his living room. He jumped as his doorbell suddenly rang. He opened the door and froze "M-Mrs No!" he said looking at the depressed woman at his doorstep. "What's wrong, I've never seen you so troubled!"

"Have you seen my son, Donghyun?" Mrs No asked as he let her inside, she walked to the couch. "It's terrible! My husband and I were just talking and apparently he knew Minwoo was there the whole time and didn't do anything. He heard everything, about us talking about how he was useless..."

 

"Slow down Mrs No" Donghyun said holding up his hand "Start from the beginning. and slower this time"

 

She took a deep breath and nodded "Minwoo's appa and I were talking about how we didn't want Minwoo as our son anymore because...well... he's pretty useless, compared to everyone else's children. " she explained, "and while we were talking, apparently Minwoo was there the whole time and my husband knew that. So Minwoo ran away and I've looked everywhere and I can't find him. You have to help me!"

 

'So that's why Minwoo's so depressed' Donghyun thought before putting his hands on his friend's shoulders. "I'll help you find your son. After all, what are friends for"

 

"Kamsahamnida, Donghyun." Mrs No said before standing up. "I left something in your room the previous time I visited. Can I go grab it?"

 

"I-I can get it" Donghyun said but she was already walking up the stairs.

 

"WAIT!"

 

Mrs No turned as her hand was placed on the doorknob "What is it,

 

Donghyun?" she asked "are you hiding something?" She frowned at the look she got from her friend. She turned the doorknob and opened the door. She froze. There in Donghyun's bed was her son. "Minwoo?" she said.

 

Donghyun bit his lip before walking past his friend and towards the sleeping young boy. He felt Minwoo's forehead before checking his pulse. "I found him walking down the street about two hours ago. I followed him for a little bit, when he ducked down a dead end I knew something was wrong so I followed him" he explained looking at Mrs No. "I wanted to see what was wrong so I held my knife to his throat and he started begging me to kill him"

 

"You threatened my son?!" The woman started but was once again stopped by Donghyun who held up his hand

 

"Let me finish." Donghyun said before taking a deep breath. "I told him that if he let me try to help him he wouldn't take his life. I was relieved when he agreed, but the moment I mentioned your name he let out a cry and started running away. I followed him, but I had soon lost him. The next time I found him, he was half conscious laying in the mud looking so weak, shivering like no tomorrow. Then I brought him here." Donghyun looked at Minwoo who was still shivering slightly. "He doesn't know you're here and I'm afraid to find out what he'd do if he finds out you're here"

 

Mrs No looked at her son and bit her lip "I want my son to know I still care about him" she muttered as Minwoo started to stir.

 

Minwoo groaned and his eyes fluttered open. "W-where am I?" he managed to whisper before his eyes started to focus on the two people above him. He froze with wide eyes. "Umma?" he let out a frightened cry before trying to run but Donghyun pulled him into his arms.

 

"Minwoo! Calm down!" The elder said as the younger continued to struggle. "You're going to hurt yourself. You're weak enough as it is!"

"I DON'T WANT TO GO WITH HER!" Minwoo cried, tears filling his eyes, his numb body was tiring out already. "Please...Don't make me go back home..." A quiet sob escaped his lips.

 

"I don't expect you to come with me or forgive me" his umma said as her son turned to look at her. "I just want you to know that I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you like that. And now, I can see that Donghyun will take much better care of you than we ever will. Annyeong..."

 

Donghyun watched as Mrs No left and Minwoo burst into tears. He felt his heart go out to the boy and embraced him gently. "Get some rest, Minwoo." he said laying the trembling boy back down. "It's the best thing for you right now"

 

Minwoo nodded before closing his eyes and had fallen asleep before Donghyun even finished tucking him in. "Kamsahamnida..." he whispered in his sleep "Donghyun hyung."

 

Donghyun only smiled gently, running a hand through the boy's hair. "Your welcome, Minwoo."

From then on, Minwoo never went back to his parents. He stayed with Donghyun happily, and the elder took care of him well. And that was their happy ending, the story of how Donghyun filled an empty heart.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hello! Hope you liked this oneshot. The idea just popped into my head and I turned it into a fanfic :D Maybe in the future I would do another one maybe with a different Boyfriend pairing. Let me know!~

 

Ppyong!~