CHAPTER 12: THE SECOND MEETING

Just Because I Love You [ HIATUS & REVAMPING]

Kyuhyun was just finished showering. He was drying his hair with a towel and looked down when he almost bumped at a shirtless Kibum. Kyuhyun snapped his head up and looked at Kibum with shocked eyes. Kibum looked back at Kyuhyun with questioned look.

‘What?’ Kibum asked Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun sighed before shook his head.

‘No-nothing.’ Kibum raised an eyebrow. He started to be as sharp as Kyuhyun.

‘Really?’

‘Yeah, yeah. So, how’s your wounds?’ Kyuhyun changed the topic. It’s kind of weird. Like he doesn’t want to be questioned about some certain things which Kibum didn’t even know. He shrugged his shoulder.

‘I’m fine. It’s not that bad. Still bruising, though. ‘

‘Hmm… okay. I’m going to check it again after you take your shower. So hurry up.’

‘Okay, okay.’ Kibum went to the bathroom, left Kyuhyun alone. He picked up a bottle of water and gulped it down. He plopped down to his bed and rolled his body so he lay down on his stomach and had his arms under his chin. He pouted while thinking of some ‘accident’ that happened that day.

 

-flashback-

Kibum and Kyuhyun walked back to the dorm after school over. Almost all of the students had gone back to their dorm or to their club activities. They stayed longer because of Kibum’s detention and Kyuhyun had something to do with a teacher. He decided to wait for Kibum just because he want to.

It was a hot day. They kept sweating and their uniform was already wet because of their sweat. It was uncomfortable. They only want to get back to their room as fast as they can and changed their clothes.

They were passing by the dining room when Kibum suddenly stopped. Kyuhyun who was in front of him a few steps also stopped and turned around.

‘Yah! Kibum! What are you doing?’ Kibum stood motionless in front of the door and after awhile he turned his head to Kyuhyun with shiny happy-kind eyes.

‘Kyu! You go first! I think I know how to handle this heat. I’m going to buy ice creams!’

‘Where? Ahjumma never sells that.’

‘Have you ever try girl dorm’s dining hall?’ Kyuhyun shook his head. ‘I heard Seohyun said to someone that they’re having ice creams. I’m going to buy it for me, you, and hyung. Wait me up under the tree behind the kitchen. It’s quite cold there.’

‘Okay. I’m going first. Make sure it won’t melt.’

‘I got it!’ Kibum yelled while running out.

Kyuhyun hurriedly climbed upstairs to their room and changed his clothes to shorts and T-shirt. He grabbed a bottle of water and a book before walked out of their room to the tree. He occasionally drank few amount of water while walking. He greeted every single person he met, well, since he knows almost all of the students there.

He walked to the dining room, greeted ahjumma there, went to the kitchen and got out from the side door. Once again the heat from the sun shone on him, urged him to walk faster to the tree which only a few steps away from the door.

The tree is big. Despite the heat, it’s really cool under its shadow. But there’s no bench under that tree, so Kyuhyun could only sit on one visible root. He put his half-drank bottle on the ground then sat slowly on the root. He leaned back and sighed happily.

He was going to open the book he planned to read there when he heard a voice called his name. He looked around but found no one. Then once again his name was called. From above his head.

He looked up and saw a grin on one of the branch. And the owner of the grin waved his hand at Kyuhyun. He smiled back.

‘Kyuhyun, annyeong!’

‘Sungmin hyung! Annyeong! What are you doing there?’ Sungmin climbed down from his spot.

‘Nothing. Well, cooling off. And what are you doing?’

Kyuhyun showed up the book he had on his hand. ‘I was going to read this while waiting for Kibum when I heard your voice.’ Sungmin jumped down and landed beside Kyuhyun. He then sat down and chuckled.

‘Were you surprised?’

‘Kind of.’

‘It’s hot today.’ Sungmin fanned his face with his hand. Kyuhyun unconsciously looked at Sungmin’s clothes. Shorts and T-shirt. Normal. Well, quite normal even with the shocking pink T-shirt. Kyuhyun nodded his head.

‘It is. Hyung, why are you wearing that kind of color?’ Sungmin turned his head slowly to Kyuhyun.

‘What?’ He looked down to check his clothes. ‘Oh, you mean this? Pink?’ He pointed his fingers to his T-shirt.

‘Yeah. Isn’t it hot?’ Sungmin smiled and shook his head.

‘Nope. It isn’t. Besides, I love pink. So, yeah. Almost all my clothes are pink.’ He shrugged his shoulder while Kyuhyun made an ‘O’ shape. ‘How about you?’

‘Me? It seems like I don’t have any favorite color.’

‘Really? Why not? I think it’s good to have favorite color. It’s like telling the world about you.’

‘That inside you’re cute and feminine, hyung?’ Sungmin puffed his cheeks and pinched Kyuhyun’s cheek. Kyuhyun chuckled. ‘Ouch.. ouch…. Sorry, hyung.’

Sungmin chuckled and let go Kyuhyun’s cheek. ‘Well, I think it’s cool for guys to admit that they like pink. And I think colors have nothing to do with gender.’ Kyuhyun stared at Sungmin. ‘W-what?’

‘Nothing, hyung. I just thought that you’re cool.’ Sungmin laughed. Kyuhyun laughed with him. ‘No, really, hyung. I’m kind of agreed with you. About the gender and colors thingy.’

‘Well, I am cool.’

‘What’s that? You’re praising yourself.’ They laughed again.

‘Yes, I did. And it’s embarrassing. So, forget about what I just did, okay?’

‘Maybe I will.’ Kyuhyun chuckled. ‘It’s kind of weird to meet you not because we’re almost bumping at each other.’

‘Really? I think this way is good too. I don’t have to be prepared to get shocked because of your suddenly close-up face.’

‘Why? You should be happy to see me close-up. It’s a rare sight. Only Hae hyung, Hyukkie hyung, Kibummie, and you, hyung.’

Sungmin raised an eyebrow. ‘So? You say that I should be happy because of that?’

‘Well, maybe. Yeah, you should be happy.’

‘Really?’ Sungmin grinned and Kyuhyun nodded. ‘That close and I can see all your pimples.’ Kyuhyun covered his cheeks with his hands and pretended to be hurt.

‘What? That one is confidential, hyung. You can’t tell other about that.’ Sungmin laughed and stood up.

‘Haha…. I won’t tell. Besides, you’re still good looking even with those pimples.’ Kyuhyun nodded and laughed with Sungmin. Sungmin then ruffled Kyuhyun’s hair.

‘Are you leaving, hyung?’

‘Yes. I still have to do my laundry.’ Sungmin smiled. ‘Well, see you around, Kyuhyun.’

‘You can call me Kyu, hyung. Everyone do that.’ Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulder.

‘Okay. Bye, Kyu.’ Sungmin waved at Kyuhyun before ran inside.

Kyuhyun watched the body disappear at the door. He leaned back at the tree and opened the book that he abandoned before. He read a few lines and stopped. His mind couldn’t focus at all words on the book. Nothing came to his brain.

He gave up reading and put his book beside his bottle. He closed his eyes. The wind and the shadow of the tree felt good to his skin. He was ready to sleep when he heard footsteps came closer. He opened his eyes slowly and looked up at another shadow above him.

‘Ice cream?’

-flashback end-

 

The bathroom door clicked open and Kibum walked out fully clothed. He saw his roommate on his bed already sleeping. He smiled and shook his head. Then he picked wet towel from Kyuhyun’s head and covered his body with blanket before turned off the light.

 


ANOTHER UPDATE~~ :33

I don't have any time to write more chapter. DDD: NOOOOO!! I'll write it tonight! XDD

LOBE YAAA ALLL~~ <3