Chapter 8

Remember me

HER


"So you said yes to him Seohyun ah?"  Taeyeon unni asked on the phone. I just told her what happened today when I met Yonghwa oppa.


"Ani... I didn't say yes unnie. I said I'd still think about it." I explained.


"But why did you ask him 'what if I said yes?'"


"I wanted to see if his intentions were pure."


"And?"


"And... I only saw sincerity in his eyes. Mwolla unnie~ ottoke?" I sighed because I didn't know what to do anymore.


"Aigoo Seohyun ah~ If you're doing this just so you could break up with him afterwards, you're only gonna hurt him Seohyun ah~ even if your past with him hurt you, you shouldn't take any revenge on him. You are already starting to hurt him with this lie that you created without him even knowing." Taeyeon unnie said seriously.


"Unnie, you know me better than anyone else. You know that I would never get back at a person no matter how much they hurt me. And about this amnesia crap, I'm regretting it already."


"Tell unnie the truth, do you like him?"


Do I like Yong oppa?

 

 

 

 

 

No.


I only kept quiet. I know that Taeyeon unnie is probably frustrated at the other end of the line right now.


I heard her sigh.


"Do you still love him?"

 

 

 

 

 

Yes.


Wait! Mwoya!? Do I still love him? 


I don't think so.


But why did my mind say yes?


That wasn't your mind Seohyun ah~ it was your heart.


Now I'm starting to talk to myself too.


Ahh~ I'm going crazy already.


"Unnie, I.... I have to go.." I didn't even bither wait for her reply and just hung up the phone.


I didn't even notice how my heart was racing as hell when unnie asked the last question.


"Do I really still love him?" I asked myself.


There's only one way to find out.

 

 

HIM


"Wha... What if I said yes?" I looked at her with a glint of hope.


I saw her eyes sparkled when she asked that. 


"Then you would make me happy by giving me the chance to make you happy again." I said with determination.


She was looking at me intently.


"Uhmm... I'd still think about it oppa." 


I was suppose to protest, but I stopped myself. She needs time.


I just nodded my head.


"I understand Seohyun ah~"  I assured her.


"Well, you should go now oppa. You might be late on your next appointment."


I sighed as I recalled what had happened earlier. 


When will you accept me again Seohyun ah.


After that thought, everything slowly became dark.


I woke up at 7 am with a text by Hyoyeon. It was an RSVP for the welcoming party of Seohyun. I immediatly answered that I will go.


I got up and started to prepare for work.

 

 

The days passed by like a blur because it was now saturday. I still wasn't able to see her that much since I still had to run around Seoul for photoshoots.


Everyone was of course excited since it's not all the time that we would be able to go clubbing with office mates.


Hyoyeon didn't make us go to work on that morning to prepare for the celebration later. I decided to clean my flat and choose an outfit for later.

 


The music was blastic through the speakers of the club. It has been a long time since I went here.


"Where's Seohyun?" I managed to asked Hyoyeon through the loud music.


"She texted me that she's on her way here. Talk to you later Jung Yong. I need to dance." She left me and grabbed The assistant editor in chief, Eunhyuk's hand. They both danced crazily in the middle of the dance floor. 


I knew all too well that they always had a thing for each other.


Hyoyeon rented out the VIP area on the second floor. I was the only one left since all of them were either drinking by the bar or on the dance floor.


I was leaning on the railway of the second floor. We had the best view since we can practically see the whole club.


My eyes diverted by the entrance and saw the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.


"Joohyun." I whispered to myself.


She was wearing a short, black, sparkly dress that hugged her body perfectly. She was wearing red stilettos. She had her hair down and styled it with loose waves.


She doesn't even know the effect that she gives, not just to me but everyone in the whole club.


I noticed that a group of guys were eyeing her with lust. Two out of six of them stood up and made their way to her.


They both put their arms around her shoulders.


That's it. They're going down.


I made my way to her area. Both of the guys were flirting with her while she just kept her head down.


"Excuse me, but that's my girl friend that you're flirting with." I said to the two guys.


I saw them immediately remove their filthy hands away from her.


"Oh~ sorry about that dude~ we thought that this pretty lady right here is single." One of them said and they made their way back to their group.


"Thank you yong oppa~" she said to me as we made our way to the 2nd floor.


"Don't worry about that hyun ah~"


When we arrived upstairs, everybody was already there to greet Seohyun.


We all had to cheers to welcome Seohyun to the team. She sat between me and Hyoyeon.


"Since not everyone knows Seohyunnie that well, anyone can ask her questions, right?" Hyoyeon directed the question to Seohyun.


"Ah ne please do. I want to get to know everyone as well." Seohyun said with a smile.


I was just sipping my drink while listening to her answering some questions.


"Do you have a boyfriend Seohyun ssi?" I heard someone ask. I looked up that it was Jinwoon one of the feature writers.


"Ahh...." I heard Seohyun say but she was cut off by Hyoyeon.


"Of course she has one. He's in the US. Lee Won geun and Seohyun knew each other in college and has been going out since then." Hyoyeon said to Jinwoon, in which the guy looked disappointed.


"Aniyo unnie! We're just really close." Seohyun defended herself.


"Aigoo~ stop denying already. You two look perfect together." Hyoyeon teased again.


"Aigoo unnie. It's nothing like that." She laughed shyly. While everyone started to with this Lee Won geun guy.


I can't help but be jealous. They're just REALLY close? How close are they actually?


I stood up from my seat and took Seohyun's hand and led her out to the dance floor.


I heard Hyoyeon shouting my name asking me where would I take her. But I ignored her.


"Oppa why did you take me here?" She asked me.


We were standing in the middle of the dance floor. We were the only ones not dancing as we stared at each other.


Crap! What has gotten into me?


Quick! Think!


"Uhm..... I saw.... That you were uncomfortable with their teasing that's why I dragged you here." 


Great thinking Yonghwa.


"Ahhh I see. Well, now that we're here, might as well start dancing huh?" She said with a smile.


She put her hands on my shoulder while I put mine on her waist. We started swaying to the beat.


The others decided to join us at the dance floor. All is well.


"Uhm... Oppa will you just excuse me for a second." She told me as I saw her went inside the ladies room.

 

 

HER


I was touching my right chest where. I could feel that my heart was beating frantically.


This is the fourth time this night, eversince I got here; that it started beating madly.


First was when he came to the rescue when he saved me from the guys who were flirting with me.


Second was when he told them that I was his girl friend.


Third was when he held my hand and led me to the dance floor.


And fourth was when he put his hands around my waist. Fortunately, I didn't become stiff while damcing.


Mwoya? 


Do I still love him?


Why is my heart beating crazily?!


Yong oppa, what are you doing to me? You're slowly breaking my walls down again.