. This Moment .

SEOUL NIGHTLIFE

Chapter 6 – This Moment.

 

 

 

 

In the morning. Jiyong’s Residence.

 

 

 

 

Writer’s POV

 

 

 

 

“Jiyong?! Mother came to wish you a ‘Happy Birthday’.” Jiyong’s mother shouted joyfully as soon as she entered in her son’s house. Firstly, she made her way towards the kitchen, but seeing that he wasn’t there, she moved to the living room, only to see an image that changed all her happy mood. She knew his habits, but didn’t know he could do something like that at home or under those circumstances. Her son was sleeping with a girl on one of the couches from the room. He was only dressed in jeans, while the girl was , only covered with a blanket. She was her best friend’s daughter, Min Ah. Her best friend’s daughter!!

 

“Yahh…Kwon Jiyong.” She shouted angry and, while waiting for him to wake up, she send a message to her husband and one to Min Ah’s parents.

 

“Mother, what are you doing here?” Jiyong asked surprised as soon as he woke up.

 

“Shut up, Jiyong. Just dress up.” His mother replied angrier and angrier.

 

“Ajumma –“Tried the girl to say, but his mother interrupted her.

 

“The same goes with you. I already text your parents, along with my husband, they’ll be here soon.”

 

“What?! Why did you have to call them?” Jiyong asked as the girl went to change into an another room.

 

“Because of what you two did. How could you sleep with her? She’s my best friend’s daughter.”

 

“It was something that we agreed on doing it. Why are you only blaming me?” He backfired.

 

“Stop acting so innocent, I know you.” She kept her angry tone.

 

“Tell me, why did you call them?” He asked again.

 

“For the consequences of your actions.”

 

“What consequences?” He asked, knowing that he won’t like what he’ll hear.

 

“You’ll marry her, Jiyong.” Was all that she said, with a blank face.

 

“What the hell?! What are you talking about?! I’m not doing it.” He stated shocked.

 

“No, you’ll do it. I didn’t oblige you to sleep with her.”

 

“Mother, I sleep with many girls, but you didn’t see me marrying with anyone of them.” He said, trying to change her mind.

 

“She’s my best friend’s daughter, Jiyong.”

 

“I don’t give a . I have nothing to do with her. I don’t love her, I don’t feel anything for her. I don’t have to get any responsabilities, because I didn’t force or got her pregnant.” He spoke and she knew he was saying the truth.

 

“But the honor of this family? What happened with it?”

 

“I don’t care. I’m not doing it.” He kept denying.

 

“No, you’re doing it.”

 

“Ajumma –“the girl tried to explain, as she entered again in the room.

 

“There’s nothing left to say. I’m truly disappointed in you, Min Ah…I thought you’re better than him.” His mother cut her up.

 

That was her way of punishment for them. It was harsh, but well deserved. At least, that was what she was thinking. A part of her was sad, suffering along with her son, but a part had a hope that through this marriage, Jiyong’s habits will change.

 

 

 

 

10 pm. In a club. VIP section.

 

 

 

 

“Where the hell is him?” Dara asked angry as one of them was missing, as usually.

 

“I don’t even understand why you get angry when you and all of us know that it’s something normal for Kwon Jiyong, to be late.” Seunghyun stated smirking, making Dara even angrier.

 

“I’ll kill him when he’ll arrive.” She continued.

 

“And I want to see it.” Seungri said smiling.

 

“You, shut up.” Chaerin told Seungri.

 

“Yahh…why would he?” Dara said to her, nervous.

 

“Shut up all of you.” Youngbae shouted, ending any signs of a possible start of a fight. “Why are you arguing on a stupid matter?” he continued. And, in that moment, the missing one appeared.

 

“I’m late. I know. I’ve had a family meeting and it extended too much.” He excused on a serious and clear tone.

 

“Yeah…sure. Keep being late, Kwon Jiyong.” Dara told him angry.

 

“I’m sorry.” He said it on such a serious tone, that Dara decided to let him escape this time. He made his way towards the couch where Youngbae was and sat down next to him, took a sip from a glass from the table and closed his eyes.

 

“What happened, man?” His friend asked him, sensing that has something to do with the family meeting.

 

“I’m screwed up, Bae.” Was the only thing Jiyong said.

 

“Why are you talking about? Tell me.” Youngbae tried to make him speak.

 

“Last night I slept with Min Ah and my mother caught us this morning.” He said as he took another sip from the same glass.

 

“Really? Well…it was the time.” Youngbae tried to make a joke and laughed.

 

“Yahh…don’t laugh. You have no clue what a stupid idea my parents have in mind.” He told him upset. Seeing that the other one didn’t interrupt him, he continued.

 

“They oblige us to marry.”

 

“What the hell, Kwon Jiyong?!” Youngbae shouted shocked.

 

“Yeah…I know…how weird and really, really stupid is this idea.” Jiyong said and kept drinking from his glass.

 

“God…it must be pretty serious.” Youngbae kept his surprised tone.

 

“It was just a one night stand…Bae, what the hell is wrong with this family?” he kept saying his friend things that he knew he’ll release the stress that corrupted him. “ my life.”

 

“Aish…where are they?” Youngbae asked after a few minutes and looked at his phone.

 

“Who?” Jiyong asked careless.

 

“Bom and Dongwook.” As soon as he heard her name, he looked around the room, only to see everyone, except for the two of them. How comes that he didn’t remarked from the beginning that she wasn’t there?

 

“Why aren’t they here?” Jiyong asked after a few seconds.

 

“I don’t know.” Youngbae lied.

 

As soon as the two of them finished talking, the door of the room opened, entering Dongwook, with a cake in his hands, followed by a smiley Bom. As they entered, all of them started singing ‘Happy Birthday’. He even forgot that it was still his birthday.

 

“Make a wish and blow the candles.” Dongwook told him as they stopped singing.

 

Yes, it was childish, but it didn’t matter. The moment was too precious and his crazy best friends were too important for him to worry about such a thing. After they sat down, he started looking at each one of them, giving his ‘thanks’ through a sweet smile, but he was conscious that his smile wasn’t truly sincere.

 

After some minutes, half of them decided to dance, except Dara, Bom, Dongwook and Seunghyun.

 

After some more minutes and some more drinks, all of them decided to show their ‘skills’ in dancing. Bom was the first on to take a break, using her phone as an excuse.

 

“Yahh…throw that phone and come back. Even I am dancing.” Seunghyun shouted towards her direction and laughed. She just shook her head and giggled. Drunken Bom was a happy Bom, the same thing was with the others: drunken Seunghyun was a more open one, drunken Dara was a sad one, drunken Jiyong was a cheesy one, and so on.

 

“Yahh…are you already drunk?” Jiyong asked, coming towards her.

 

“Tch…as if you’re not.” She pouted and smiled.

 

“Well…I know that you face the drinks better than me.” He said and laughed.

 

“I know. I’m awesome.” Bom stated with a flip hair.

 

‘Tch…” he continued to laugh.

 

“Anyway…I’m sorry about last time.” She excused on a more serious tone.

 

“I’m not sorry.” He kept the same tone.

 

“Yahh…we both said stupid things.”

 

“I didn’t.” He said the same, so she took everything as a joke.

 

“How fast the time passes. In a few years, we’ll grow older, marry, and have our own families.” Bom spoke after a few seconds of silence. The remark hit him directly.

 

“It’s so totally ‘not-like-us’.” She continued and smiled.

 

If telling Youngbae was easier, he just couldn’t bring himself telling Bom. It hurt too much. He knew he had to do it, and he will.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

 

 

 

“Bom, can I hug you?” Was all that I said. She looked surprised, but nodded in agreement.

 

Not today. Not tonight. I will tell her tomorrow.

 

“Thank you.” I told her as I brought her into a soft, warm and sweet embrace.

 

I only wanted to feel this moment. Nothing more. So, not today.

 

 

 

 

Writer’s POV

 

 

 

 

“What are those two doing?” Dara asked Youngbae and pointed towards Bom and Jiyong. “Aren’t they too close?” she continued.

 

“Just let them. Just for tonight. He needs it.” Youngbae replied and smiled.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________

/~~ Thank you so much for all your comments. < 3 <3 .

/~~ I'm trying to write something good and that's worth reading. 

/~~ The next chapter will be, I hope, soon posted.  Thank you ! ; ) .