Voice Lessons and...

We Found Love

July 2010

 

 

     Everyday spent was mostly together because Taeyeon and Jessica shared the same vocal coach. After dance practice with the rest of the group members, the duo would head over to their vocal lessons with Kim Jo Han.

     "Hello girls," their vocal coach greeted them. 

     Both girls respectfully bowed to him. 

     "Let's get started."

     After singing a number of songs by other artists, their vocal coach decided that it was time to work on harmonization.

     "How about working on your harmonization? You both pretty much have it down but let's try again. Landslide by Fleetwood Mac okay?"

     Both girls nodded.

     Out of all the SNSD members, Taeyeon and Jessica had the best harmonization. Their voices blended well together, perfectly.

     Landslide by Fleetwood Mac

      Jessica:

     I took my love and I took it down

     I climbed a mountain and I turned around

     And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills

     Till the landslide brought me down

     So beautiful, Taeyeon thought before it was her turn to sing.

     Taeyeon: 

     Oh, mirror in the sky 

     what is love?

     Can the child within my heart rise above?  

     Can I sail thru the changing ocean tides?

     Can I handle the seasons of my life?

     I don't know

     Jessica and Taeyeon-

     Well, I've been afraid of changing

     Cause I've build my life around you

     But time makes you bolder

     Even children get older

     And I'm getting older too

     Taeyeon-

     Well, I'm getting older too...

     "Perfect. Just perfect," their vocal coach said, nodding in approvement. "That's it for today. Great job."

     After vocal lessons, Taeyeon and Jessica had a daily routine of heading to the convenience store located near the company building. Today though, Jessica decided to go alone. 

     "You look tired, Taengoo. You don't have to come with me. I'll buy us some snacks and bring it back," Jessica said.

     "Oh, are you sure?"

     Jessica patted Taeyeon's back. "Of course." 

     Jessica's touch always did wondes to her.

     "Thanks, Sica. I owe you one."


-------

 

     Jessica brought back ice cream and chocolate. Shuffling through the bag, she took out candy bars and mint ice cream.

     "I also bought wine." 

     Taeyeon smirked in amusement. "What's the special occasion?" Taeyeon asked.

     "Us."

     Taeyeon shifted on the couch and found herself avoiding eye contact with Jessica. 

     "H-huh?" Taeyeon barely managed to say. 

     Jessica found herself getting nervous. "Y-you know, cuz we did a good job today," she said. 

     A white lie. 

     Jessica took out the bottle of inexpensive wine and placed it on the table in front of them. She bought a wine opener for the occasion. Jessica checked the time.

     10 pm

------


     It took one glass of wine. 

     One glass.

     And Taeyeon found herself in a laughing fit.

     Jessica glanced at Taeyeon before taking another sip of her wine. So adorable, she thought.

     Moments later, Jessica found that Taeyeon's ahjumma way of laughing was beginning to rub off on her and soon Jessica was bursting into laughter as well. The way she laughed was very different from Taeyeon. She laughed very ladylike and proper, covering with one of her hands.  She began staring at Taeyeon, who was still laughing. She seemed nowhere near stopping. 

     It's now or never

     Days after realizing she had romantic feelings for their leader, confusion set in. Did Jung Sooyeon view herself as a traditional person? Maybe. For as long as she can remember, Jessica knew what she wanted in her life. Even after joining SM Entertainment, nothing really changed her plans. Her plans of meeting the love of her life, have a fairytale wedding, and achieve her happily ever after soon thereafter. 

     But Girl's Generation started winning the hearts of people from all around the world. The 9 girls became goddesses in people's eyes and soon reality began to set in. She knew then that her life would no longer be only hers, but to the fans as well. Their lives would no longer be private. 
Rumors of Jessica dating around during pre-debut were false but it didn't stop the backlash that still came. She was called horrible names. 

     .

     .

     Lazy.

     Useless.

     The truth was, Jessica never even had a real relationship. She never found herself swooning over anyone nor did she even have the time to date. So she tried shrugging it off and not let the negativity affect her in any way. But the negative comments never stopped coming and it ended up becoming a horrible time for her. 

     There was one person who was there for her through it all. Their dorky leader. Did Taeyeon do it because she felt it was her duty as leader? Jessica knew it wasn't the reason. There was a time when both of them weren't close but Taeyeon took the time to get to know her. And care for her. And maybe love her? 

     Jessica had two glasses of wine before she decided it was enough to give her a boost of courage. She was never good at expressing feelings. Yet after almost months of keeping her feelings for Taeyeon a secret, she found that her feelings only grew stronger. Stronger to the point where it was just too much. She decided then that she would tell Taeyeon of her true feelings. She needed to. And today would be that day because it held a special place in her heart.

     The day she first met Kim Taeyeon.

     July 17, 2004

     I can do this

     We're alone

     "Taengoo," Jessica began.

     Taeyeon was drinking another glass of wine, still bursting into laughter every now and then. She looked at Jessica, a smile crept over her face.

     "Taengoo..."

     Taeyeon's complete focus was now on Jessica. Her eyes meeting hers then for a brief moment, Taeyeon looked at Jessica's lips.

     You are so beautiful

     And before Jessica could continue, Taeyeon spoke.

     "You have been looking so happy lately, Sica," she said.

     Whoever has your heart is one lucky guy.

     Jessica cocked her head to the side. Her confession was now currently on hold.

     "What do you mean?" Jessica asked. "I'm always happy."

     Taeyeon looked down, blushing. "Y-yeah, I know," she said. "But it's a different kind of happiness. Can't really explain it. Just that your eyes sparkle... like... like you're in love."

    Both found themselves extremely flustered.

     ...

     Finally, Jessica found the courage. 

     Deep breaths.

     "I-I am in love," she admitted. 

     Taeyeon kept her head down, the giddiness replaced with sadness, her smile replaced with a frown. She should be happy for Jessica. She should be and yet she wasn't. 

     So this is what it feels like to be heartbroken.

     "Oh?" Taeyeon said, still looking down. "So who's the lucky person?" 

     Jessica scooted closer to Taeyeon until their legs touched each other. The contact made Taeyeon's heart skip a beat. 

     "I love you," Jessica finally said. "I'm in love with you."

     Silence.

     More silence.

     And the silence was killing Jessica . She wanted to see Taeyeon's face, her expression, if she had any. But Taeyeon stayed still, her head still down away from Jessica's view. Jessica wanted to run away then.

     Did I ruin our friendship? She thought. A million things were running through her mind then. 

     But while Jessica was lost in her train of thought, Taeyeon kissed her. 

     Their first kiss.

     A passionate kiss.

     And when they finally broke away from the kiss, both stared at each other lovingly. Taeyeon caressed Jessica's cheek and said those three words she so wanted to say for so long. 

     "I love you too."

     They kissed again.

     "I love you so much, Sica."

 

 

 

_______________

A/N: thank you for reading and subscribing! <3 

Landslide by Fleetwood Mac