Paranormal Activity

We Found Love


2010

 

     Taeyeon decided that hanging out with Jessica was enough for her. She didn't need anything else. Everyone knew that she was good at cooping up her feelings, so this was no different. Hiding her feelings would mean she could control them, right? Or so she thought. 

     "Taengoo, I got the popcorn."

     Taeyeon was staring at the movie posters that were plastered on the wall of the movie theater. Yet her mind was obviously somewhere else.

     Jessica noticed. 

     There she goes again, she thought, smiling. Always lost in her own world. And they say I have a tendency to space out.

     Jessica giddily took Taeyeon's hand and Taeyeon flinced from the sudden contact. 

     "Oh Sica, there you are."

     "Penny for your thoughts?" Sica asked, tightening her hold on Taeyeon's hand. 

     "It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

     Taeyeon gave Jessica a reassuring smile. Yet if there was one thing Jessica had learned from spending a lot of time with Taeyeon, it's that the older girl was a bad liar. 

     "Are you sure?" Jessica asked, glancing at Taeyeon, a worried expression on her face. 

     "Yes."

     Jessica had a feeling that Taeyeon wasn't ready to open up. Not wanting to force it out of her and ruin their night, Jessica let it go. 

     "C'mon, let's go inside," she said, guiding Taeyeon into the room where Paranormal Activity was showing.

     3 hours ago, Taeyeon and Jessica planned on watching a movie together. They have been doing this a lot lately. But when Jessica would always suggest romance, Taeyeon would always suggest horror. Whether it was at the dorm or the theater, Taeyeon always wanted horror. And for some reason, Jessica would always give in to Taeyeon. Tonight was no different. 

     The room was mostly empty. Taeyeon counted 4 other people with them. 

     Couples

     Taeyeon scanned the room, wondering where the two of them could sit. But before she could say anything, Jessica was already leading the way. 

     Seated in the middle of the top row, Jessica shuffled in her seat. She glanced at Taeyeon and smiled.

     "Taengoo," she said. 

     Taeyeon looked back at her and smiled. "Mm?"

     "Can I pull the arm of the seat up and sit closer to you? You know how much horror films scare me."

     How cute of her, Taeyeon thought. No matter how many times they have seen horror films and how she was already used to Jessica sitting close to her, clinging onto her for dear life, Jessica still had the decency to ask. She always asked. 

     Taeyeon nodded, still staring at her. 

     Jessica quickly looked down and pulled up the arm seat. Still fixated on her, Taeyeon noticed something. Jessica seemed flustered. Was she blushing? 

     The previews began.

     Taeyeon glanced at Jessica, the container of popcorn on her lap. 

     She's so beautiful, Taeyeon thought.

     Taeyeon was beginning to feel nervous. Squirming in her seat, Taeyeon took out her cellphone and turned it off.

     "Y-your cellphone turned off?" she asked, breaking the silence.

     Jessica nodded. 

     "You want popcorn, Taengoo?"

     "Yeah um... later?"

     "Okay, just grab whenever you want."

     Jessica playfully slapped Taeyeon's lap and yet the mere contact sent butterflies to Taeyeon's stomach. 

     Get it together

     "I hope the movie isn't that scary," Jessica said, pouting.

     Stop being so cute, please

     There she goes, Taeyeon being lost in Jessica's world. Like many times before. 
------

 


     "EEEK!" Jessica screamed, her face buried into Taeyeon's shoulder. Taeyeon stayed still, suppressing in her laughter. Popcorn container half empty, Taeyeon reached over and took it off of Jessica's lap, then placing it onto the empty seat beside her. 

     Taeyeon put her arm around Jessica and gave her a squeeze, reassuring her. "It's not that scary," she whispered to Jessica.

     Dolphin squeel.

     So damn cute

     Is this why she loved horror films? Because of Jessica? Taeyeon looked down at Jessica. She giggled at the sight of Jessica covering her eyes with her right hand.

     "Aigoo, it's not funny," Jessica said.

     "I'm sorry."

     The two looked at each other briefly. Jessica quickly looked away, her cheeks feeling hot. 

     Why am I blushing? Jessica thought. 

     Why?

     Jessica had been clinging onto Taeyeon since the movie began. She finally let go and leaned back on her own seat. She glanced up at Taeyeon and felt herself blushing again. 

     Why am I feeling this way?

     Taeyeon had felt Jessica let go of her and couldn't help herself from feeling disappointed. Not wanting to be obvious, she stayed still, eyes fixated on the big screen. But was she even paying attention to the movie? No, she wasn't. All she paid attention to was Jessica and Jessica alone. 

     Her voice...

     her beauty...

     her touch...

     how much she wanted to stay like this always, Jessica in close proximity to her. 

     What Taeyeon didn't know then was that Jessica was feeling the same way. 

     That night, Jessica finally realized it.

     I like you, Taengoo...

 

 

 

_________________

A/N: thank you for reading and thanks for those who subscribed ^^ This chapter was based on an old fanaccount. About how they spotted Taengsic at the theaters circa 2010. The film that Taengsic was said to have seen was Paranormal Activity.