HOMECOMING

The Angelic Instrument, The Rise of The Angels

 

That night, the air was really dry and hot. The atmosphere was also heavy. Something was wrong again. I got out from my bed and turned the air conditioner on. But it was no use. The place was still hot. I was sweating. My thin cotton shirt and shorts were damp with my sweat. I neared the windows. People were screaming. Chants of a different language was heard all over. I opened the curtains and saw the red skies. The dead Earth was also there.
 
Monsters eating every human flesh. I hurriedly opened my door and went outside. I was horrified to see monsters everywhere. And the bodies of my family… dead! My eonnie Faith was pierced by a spear in the heart and was being subject to many ant-like monsters. My eonnie Heart was ripped open and were being feasted by monsters. My dad. My dad was a target of arrows.
 
Then, the monsters looked at me. The eyes of danger all on me. They all grinned. Then without warning, they launched an attack at me. I ran. I jumped off the windows. I was screaming. The monsters were all around. I reached an alley. Ran through its darkness and found… a dead end. Slowly, they came for me. Hunger in their eyes. Acid saliva within their mouths. I could smell their rotten flesh and bad breath. I was still screaming as I moved back slowly. Then they launched an attack.
 
“Hope! Hope wake up!”, a voice called out
 
“Huh? What?”, I replied, regaining consciousness
 
“You had a nightmare, little sister”, my eonnie Heart explained
 
“Whoa! Really?”, I asked sitting up
 
“Yeah. And you were screaming. So we hurriedly went here. Dad got some water for you.”, Faith answered
 
“Ouch!”, I said holding my head, my head ached.
 
“Is there something wrong?”, dad called out from the door, holding a glass of water
 
“She had a nightmare dad.”, Heart said while getting the water from dad.
 
“I think you should stay here for the whole day.”, my dad suggested
 
“And besides it’s a Saturday.”, Heart said
 
“No. I’m fine really. I’m… ouch!”, head then again ached
 
Faith then touched my forehead.
 
“You have a fever! You should really get some rest.”, she exclaimed
 
“But, I’m going to Andy’s brother’s birthday party. She might…”, I couldn’t finish my sentence because of clear ache in my head
 
“No but’s Angel Hope Park! You’re going to stay here for the whole day and be well. Ok?!”, Heart demanded
 
“I’ll call Minna and Andy to cancel your appointment. Or you want to invite them over?”, Faith suggested
 
“Don’t.”
 
“I’ll call Topher, instead.”
 
Topher. He still haven’t texted me or even called me. But why is he like this?! Nothing is wrong with Lance. I’m getting worried.
 
“Don’t call Topher.”
 
They looked at me with clear shock and intrigue
 
“Why?”, they all asked
 
“Nothing. Just don’t call him. And also don’t call Minna and Andy. They might get worried and leave the party.”
They agreed. A couple of minutes later they all went to work. I was left alone in my room. I was sweating badly. I could hardly breathe. I felt very strange the whole day. I tried to sleep but an unusual force disallowed me. My heart thumped fast. That night, my dad and my sisters went home early. They said that they were dismissed early that day. My fever was still burning and they were now worried. I gulped 2 capsules of medicine to conjure my sickness. I skipped dinner and slept.
 
In the middle of the night, I was awakened by a great slamming sound downstairs. I was definitely a coward but with great adrenaline rushes, I peeked out of the door. It was dark and I couldn’t see the hallway clearly. But the sound, it had another companion with it, and they were many. I could hear my heart beating. It was really scary. I went down the staircase silently. Avoiding any contact with things that made noise. I could hear them talking in another language. It was like Latin. I could smell their breaths, it smelled like decaying. The moonlight escaped through the windows and it lit dimly the scales of the beasts. Horrified, these aren’t normal people I’m dealing with. I moved swiftly into the kitchen. Surprised, I saw my 2 sisters there, Faith holding a metal pipe while Heart held a curtain pole.
 
“Hey! What are you doing here?!”, they whispered
 
“I heard the sounds. What are they?!”, I said, grabbing 2 kitchen knives and garden shears
 
“Monsters, I think demons.”
 
“Where’s dad?”, I asked
 
“He’s asleep”
 
We were talking when suddenly the lights went on. They all looked at us. All of them, gluing their eyes on us. Eyes full of starvation and evil. Some were big and some were small. Others had tentacles while others had none. Scaly with acid saliva that dripped from their mouths.
 
“Ohh, three females. How delectable.”, said one with green skin and 4 eyes, great tentacles growing out from his
body
 
“What do you want monsters?!”, we asked
 
“A delicious treat, young ladies”, replied another with wings and great talons
 
“No you won’t!”
 
“Yes we will.”, all of them said
 
They marched to us slowly. Etched in their faces were hunger and sheer evil happiness. We were setting ourselves aback. Their breaths were awful. They were quite near us when something happened. We fought with our best. Through skills in martial arts, we tried protecting ourselves. But sad to say, we failed. Faith was thrown by a purple tentacle monster to the floor and was dropped unconscious. Heart was whipped to a living room painting and also fell unconscious. I was the only one left. Clutching the 2 kitchen knives in both hands, I stood in attacking position.
 
“Luceant lucem sanctam!” a voice cried out
 
Then suddenly, rays of light came from the window and perished half of the attacking monsters. After that, entered a girl floating in mid air holding a book in her left hand. It was Minna!
 
“Mi-Minna?!”, I was shocked to see her
 
“The witch is here!”, exclaimed the monsters
 
Then barging in, a great brown bear entered the house. Her paws clawed every monster that had in her way. Then she shifted into a lion. And then a tiger. The monsters were everywhere unconscious and weak. Then thrifts of words came from Minna and the monsters dissolved in the air. The tiger then shape shifted and turned into Andy.
They looked at me, clear shock and confusion etched on my face.
 
“Hope-chan.”
 
“Wha..what’s the meaning of this?!”
 
“Hope, don’t get shocked its not a big…”
 
“Not a big deal?! It is a big deal! We were attacked by fierce dead looking monsters…”
 
“Demons. Please don’t panic Hope-chan”, Minna corrected
 
“Demons, ok. Don’t panic?! My sisters are hit and I don’t know if their alive. My dad is upstairs, asleep and innocent about what’s happening. And you’re going to tell me not to panic?!”, I fretted
 
“Hope, we came to rescue you. And we came to get you.”, Andy explained
 
“Get me?! Whoa! What do you mean?!”
 
“You’re the only one capable to defeat them all. You’re one of us.”, Andy replied, getting a little bit closer to me
 
“One of you? Guys, I’m not a mage, a fairy, a spell caster or what you call Minna. And I am not also an animal
changing human!”, I explained
 
“Yeah you’re not!”, a voice came out
 
Then out of nowhere, Alice came inside the house. Her right arm changed. It looked like an alloy machine which had a bright light inside. My eyes got big because of great shock.
 
“I’m a cyborg, Hope. Minna is a witch and Andy is a shape shifter. We are here to get you, dear angel”, Alice explained
 
“Whoa! Angel?! I’m not an angel.”
 
“You are a half angel, Hope. It is in accordance to the prophecy. You have the blood of an angel.”, Andy said
 
“Angel?! But I’m just an ordinary girl. I also don’t have any special capabilities.”, I objected
 
But as fast like a cheetah, Andy grabbed my arm out into the night. I saw her legs turned into a cheetah’s. Alice threw laser beams to monsters that came in the way. Minna also casted spells to protect us from danger. After some speedy minutes, we reached a clearing in a forest. And there, Heather was levitating while Amber was touching the ground. And after a couple of minutes, from where Amber touched, dug out skeletons of animals and they were alive.
 
“Amber is a life-giver. But her power doesn’t supply any spirit. And any non-living or had-lived organism that she gives life is subject under her control.”, Alice explained while firing heaps of laser beams
 
“What about Heather?”, I asked
 
“She’s telekinetic and telepathic.”, Andy said, letting go of me
 
Heather was really telekinetic. She dug out boulders from the Earth which were feet away from her and launched it to the monsters.
 
“And if I’m an angel. What should I do.”
 
“That’s for you to find out.”, Alice said, teasing
 
After that short conversation, Alice and Andy went to help Amber and Heather. Minna was left with me.
 
“Scutum sphaerica”, Minna casted some kind of spell in Latin, and immediately a spherical force shield appeared to protect us both.