Chapter 2

Something To Say

Months passed, I've become busier with my works. I've become more tired, stressed and miserable. Because of my hectic life, I've begin to spend less time with you and neglect you. But you, as usual, would try you best to help me and cheer me up. Sometimes, when you tried to talk to me, I would ignore you and even scold you. I didn't meant it.

 

Despite the way I'd treated you, you still come over my house every weekend to take care about the household chores. But, the difference is, we no longer hang out as we did before, after you'd finished with the household chores, you would just sit at the living room, watching me doing my works and leave after 6 pm, right after you finished preparing my dinner. One day, you called me.

 

"Are you busy?" you asked.

"A little, why?" I replied indifferently. My eyes were still fixed on my paper works as I had an important meeting the next day.

"You know, tomorrow is your birthday," you said carefully.

"Ah, really? I forgot about it," I said.

"I knew it. You were so busy with your works lately,"

"So, why are you calling me?"

"Are free tomorrow? Can you make some time for me?"

"Tomorrow? I can't. I have an important meeting tomorrow,"

"You can't? But it's your birthday. I wanna spend some times with you since we haven't been on date for a long time," you replied and sound disappointed.

"Alright, meet me at 5. Text me the venue later, okay?"

 

Throughtout the meeting, I forgot about the promise I made with you. I didn't even realize it had passed 5 o'clock. After the meeting finished, I looked at my watch and it was already 6 o'clock. I took out my phone and saw countless missed call and text messages from you and I quickly dialled your number.

 

"Hello," you said.

"Victoria, I'm sorry. The meeting has just over. I didn't realize it went longer than I expected. Are you still waiting for me?" I asked.

"You're coming? I just cross the road. I thought you couldn't make it today," you said.

"I'm so sorry. I'm on my way now. Wait for me, okay? I'll be there soo-.." I didn't get to finish my sentence when I suddenly heard a loud 'BANG!' on the phone.

"Hello? Victoria? Are you okay? What happened? ANSWER ME!" cold sweat begin to cover my body. My heart beats faster. Without thinking much, I ran as hard as I can.

 

As soon as I arrived there, I saw a crowd gathered at the nearby intersection with an ambulance vehicle. I ran there and saw Victoria was laying unconsciously on the ground. She was covered in blood.

 

"VICTORIA!" I shouted out her name.

 

Now, I'm sitting by your side. Watching you laying on the hospital's bed for almost 2 month.

 

"Is this the first time? The first time I see you without a smile on your lips. You look so weak and pale. I didn't get to see your beautiful eyes that make me fall in love with you. I want you to get up. There's something I wanna say to you. You are my everything. You've light up my days. You've help me to go through the hard times. You were always there for me. Give me the chance to repay all the things you've done to me. Thank your for always being by my side. I promise you that I'll never do the same mistake again. I'll never neglect you again. After this, you'll be my first priority. So, please wake up! I need you. I love you and.... I'm sorry" I said tho you may not hear me.

 

It's so painful seeing you like this. I tried to calm myself and hold my tears of thousandth of times but it never works. I fail each time tries not to cry. This time, I just let myself cry as much as I want without trying to hold it. And suddenly..

 

"It's okay. I'll forgive you" I heard your weak voice. I thought I was dreaming.

"Vic-Victoria! You're awake! You're finally awake!" I can't contain my feeling.

"Victoria, I-I..." I tried to say the things I wanted to say to her but I can't seem to arrange my words.

"I've heard you. I've heard everything. And, I love you, too," you said as you give me the sweetest smile.