Kris

Portent

Kris was the one who was supposed to pick Chanyeol up from the hospital and he did. It was relieving, really that he could finally leave the room that always smell like sweat for a little while, even if it’s for less than an hour, he didn’t really mind. He was not really allowed to drive but sneakily, he did –or maybe the company gave him this little one secret permission, which he really is thankful of. He drove the car of his manager’s to the hospital that they would always go to for check-ups or if any of them were injured. Kris wore all black, hiding himself from anyone’s attention. They could not know that it is him and that he is picking up Chanyeol on his own.

Damn, he is nervous. What if people suddenly recognize who they were and they would be crowded by the fans and Chanyeol would end up on the hospital bed all over again?

Kris sat in the car for a minute, trying to calm himself down. , he should have come with some bodyguards or somewhat like that. He shouldn’t have come alone. it, he thought. Kris fixed the hood of his winter coat, put on his grey beanie and black shades. He didn’t put on his usual leather pants today –fans would totally know it’s him. He wore sweat pants that he usually uses for dance practices. He didn’t even try to look fancy today.

He got out of the car, gulping down his nervousness, he walked into the huge building of the hospital, heading straight to the elevator. There was nobody inside, only him. He pressed the button number five and waited for the elevator to move to the level. When the doors to the elevators opened, he went to the receptionist counter and took his shades off.

“Uh, hi, what can I do for you?” She said, before turning to face the handsome face of Kris’. “Oh! You must be looking for Mr Park’s room. Its number 507. You can use that way,” she pointed out her index finger to the right hallway and Kris nodded, smiling politely –and somehow charmingly at the nurse.

“Thank you,” he muttered  before using the way shown to Chanyeol’s hospital room. Room 507.

Kris knocked on the door twice before simply entering the room. A doctor was calmly examining Chanyeol with two nurses beside him, helping and there’s Chanyeol… lying down on the bed, eyes closed shut. “What’s going on here?” He curiously asked, worried why his friend is sleeping when he was supposed to be going home by then. The doctor sighed and pulled off his glasses, placing it inside the pocket of his white coat.

“Somebody attacked him earlier, we still haven’t found out whom, but it includes the same thing to the reason why he’s in here now.” He paused. “He might need to stay here for a little longer. We have informed the other members but apparently they couldn’t get to you so I’m very sorry for the burden.” He added, saying his apologize. Before he walked out of the door, after all satisfied with the check-up, Kris questioned, “What’s the same thing that you meant? What did the attacker do?”

It had been going on his mind for minutes and he could only let it out then. The doctor sadly smiled before answering, “Mirror.”

Maybe then, Kris blamed his curiosity that led him to being scared, maybe then he was blaming himself for not taking care of the younger one. However, really, who was the one who could have went into Chanyeol’s room if not the one of them –or maybe anyone else from the company because none of their fans had a single idea that Chanyeol is hospitalized. They had no single idea. Kris’ mind somehow felt as if it’s blocked, and all he wanted to do right then is to punch the face of the culprit. What did Chanyeol do that could have made him deserve all this?

He pulled out his expensive phone from his pocket, dialling Suho’s number and in a few rings, he picked up. “Suho, you heard the news about Chanyeol, right? What exactly happened?” He eagerly asked, wanting to know every detail about the incident.

“Chanyeol was up by ten and he went to the bathroom. On the mirror, someone wrote ‘one of you is going to die’ and it scared the out of Chanyeol so he would need a couple days to rest. It has been hard on him…” Suho explained, sounding concerned.

“The sound of it already seems horrible. Do you want me to go to the security room to check on the CCTV or something? Look up on who was the last one who visited him?” Kris asked the other on the line and when he got the reply of Suho’s saying that it’d be great if he wanted to, Kris stood up and closed the door behind him quietly to not wake up sleeping Chanyeol. He hung the phone up and went back to the receptionist. “Um, can I ask you something? Do you know who was the last person who visited Mr Park before he had the panic attack?”

The nurse was shocked, seeing that the well-known idol is talking to her. Kris smiled sweetly, bribing her with it. “Uh, I could check it for you?” She nervously replied with a question before bringing her focus to the computer screen, typing in something. She looked up brightly, “The last visit is from one of your band member. His name is Lay or somewhat like that?” She blushed, totally embarrassed that she didn’t remember the names of the other members.

Kris smiled, flashing his bright white teeth. “Thank you,” he stopped, reading her name tag. “Thank you, nurse Ara.” He nodded politely before pushing the button on the wall, calling for an elevator. “Really, thank you.” He said again before walking into the opened elevator, pressing the close button next and then straight to the ground floor. He went up to a security and immediately demanded, “Bring me to the security room.”

The security looked at his stern, angry face before stuttering a little at the famous idol, “I’m sorry, sir but we cannot simply do that.” Kris got a lot angrier and resisted himself from punching the security. He breathed in and out before calmly explaining how Chanyeol got attacked earlier and that he needs to find out who was the last person that went into the room. He even threatened to sue the hospital for not having a really secure safety, especially that Chanyeol is an idol, anyone could go in, which finally, Kris was brought to the room where the CCTVs are previewed.

“Show me the nearest CCTV to Room 507 around 10. Hurry.” He said to one of the person who’s controlling the hospital’s safety. He unsurely did as told and let Kris see the footage of it. “Pause here,” he demanded when he sees a figure standing in front of Chanyeol’s room. He looked closely and closely. He recognized the hair, he totally do.

“Holy .” He whispered to himself. “Thank you.” He said before running out of the room back to the car. He couldn’t believe what he saw. It could be some kind of assumption but then again, maybe not.

Maybe what he’s assuming right now is real.

He couldn’t believe that it’s happening, that a trust could simply be broken.

The traffic light turned red and Kris hit the brakes but it wouldn’t work. The brakes wouldn’t work. “Holy ,” Kris panicked as he kept on pressing the brakes really hard. All in his mind at that time is that he wouldn’t die.

But of course, not everything that we wish for we could get in this world.

 

 

Suho’s phone rang as they were practicing and he stopped dancing but the others continued and told them that he had to take the call.

“Hello, is this Mr. Kim or Suho as in the contacts of the victim?” The person from the other line spoke.

“Yes, this is me. Why are you calling?” Suho asked.

“We’re very sorry to tell you this but Mr Wu Yifan was in an accident near a hospital nearby. He got hit by a truck. Would you please come? His condition is critical.” He said.

“Right, I’ll be there right away.” Suho said in a panic tone, trying to calm his breath before barging into the practice room. He stopped the loud music from blasting and slowly tried to get the words out of his mouth.

“K-Kris got into an accident. He’s c-critical.” Suho wanted to stop the tears from coming out of his eyes but one slipped. The others couldn’t believe their ears and started to shake their heads.

“That couldn’t be real, right, hyung? I mean, Kris hyung is a careful driver, how can that happen?” Sehun spoke up, he was already in a daze sitting on the floor.

“We should hurry and go there. Be strong, okay? I’m sure he would want you to be strong. Don’t cry, don’t cry.” He repeat.

Suho went out to tell their manager so he could drive them to the hospital and of course, he was more shocked than the members. In a hurry, they went there. The news of Kris’ accident was already spread around the world and they wouldn’t want their fans to think the worst of Kris.

The doctor told them he was still unconscious and that his chance of continue his living would be forty-per cent over a hundred. He was hit really hard and could have possibly died at the site.

Everyone didn’t stop praying, they sat there together and kept on asking God to spare a life for Kris. They needed him.

Baekhyun and Sehun went to Chanyeol’s room to tell him what had happened to the elder member.

“Hi, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said before taking a seat next to Chanyeol’s lying body.

“Oh, hey, Baekhyun. Hi Sehun, you’re here. How are you?” Chanyeol asked as he starts to feel better.

“Um, Chan, we have to tell you something. About Kris…” Baekhyun stuttered a little.

“Oh, he was supposed to pick me up today but I got attacked again, right and I must have bothered him. Can I borrow your phone to call him?”

“Kris got into an accident today, hyung. He’s unconscious. He got hit by a truck and his chance to live is only forty-per cent.” Sehun spoke up for Baekhyun.

“What? You’re kidding right? Is it because of me? It must be because of me! I have to go see him! I need to apologise to hyung! Let me out of this room I want to see Kris!” Chanyeol started to scream and cry and tried to put off the needles off his skin.

Baekhyun started to silently cry and looked down to his shoes. Chanyeol is close to Kris and he could feel the pain that Chanyeol is feeling. Sehun’s phone rang and he picked it up.

“Yeah, hyung?” He asked.

“What? We’ll be there!” He rushed and took the wheel chair near Chanyeol’s bed and Chanyeol stood up to sit there and Sehun pushed him to the elevator, Baekhyun following at the back.

“What’s happening here, Sehun?”

They came to the floor and went to where Kris and the other members were.

“H-He couldn’t make it, Sehun. He couldn’t. He fought and he didn’t make it.” Luhan sobbed into Sehun’s arms. Kris was lying at the bed, his head wrapped in a bandage and his lips pale white.

Sehun couldn’t feel a single emotion. Chanyeol couldn’t even bring up to see Kris. He faced the other side before moving himself to the window and just dazed out.

Every single member started to cry, every memory came back flashing in their mind.

Now that their Kris is gone, they don’t know how things could ever be the same.

He’s gone, for forever.

Somehow among all the sad faces and the tears of everyone around the world, someone is smiling happily. 

 


 

A/N

I sobbed really hard writing this chapter. This is how I planned it since the start of the story, it's not even related to Kris leaving the group.

I miss Kris.