prologue

Portent

Sehun quickened up his walking pace, now looking as if he’s half-running back to the dorm that they are sharing together. It was four in the morning and it is exactly like the usual for Sehun to come out this late from the practice room and back to their dorm for a couple hours of sleep before heading back there for more rehearsals. For these past few days, he could feel as if there has been someone who has been watching him and following him everywhere. He could feel it right in his bones.

He admits, he is scared. Not to mention all the death threats he has been getting from some people who really hates him and literally asks him to kill himself or they would just do it themselves. The main reason is, he is not really worth it to be in the band. Sehun does not understand it. He was chosen, among all the other trainees, he was the one chosen to debut in the band and he strived his best for it so why does he deserve all the hates? Does it ever make sense?

Then, Sehun starts to practice more and more and the amount of fans were getting bigger and finally, when Sehun seems to feel comfortable in his position, the stalkers starts to get in his way. It is not that he does not appreciate his fans – in fact, he does, like a lot but sometimes there is a limit to things that you do and one of them is to not bother the celebrities’ privacies.

Sehun still felt the presence of someone near him and by the time he feels like that person was utterly close to him, he sprinted, as fast as his legs could bring him back to their dorm. Cold sweat trickled down his forehead even though the weather was incredibly cold for someone’s liking – obviously, since its winter, he still felt hot and his legs were shaking and trembling to the point that he could fall down anytime soon.

He knocked the door – more like banging it as he pants, trying to catch for his breath. He waited for some few seconds before the presence of his hyung brought him back to his own relief. He sighed and immediately hugged Kyungsoo and thanking him for such no reason. “Thank you, hyung. Thank you so much. I was so scared.”

Kyungsoo had no idea in mind for what might have happened to the younger one yet, he was still worried. He gently rubbed his back in circular motions, calming Sehun down and he released the hug. “What happened to you?” Kyungsoo questioned, taking Sehun’s bag down from his shoulders and helping him out of his thick jackets.

“I t-think someone might be f-following me again,” Sehun stuttered, still scared of what disasters could have happened to him if he did not sprint earlier. “He might be a killer but I have no idea but I have been feeling his presence since these few days and seriously hyung, it really is creeping me out like hell.” He explained and took a gulp of water from the glass that Kyungsoo just handed him.

Kyungsoo only nodded his head a few times in respond since he does not really know what to answer but he himself could feel the presence of someone watching them, every second. The worst thing is, there is probably more than a person.

“Come on, I’ll be with you until you fall asleep.” Kyungsoo gently pulled Sehun up onto his feet and into his room, waiting for him to change himself into his pyjamas before Kyungsoo turned the lights off for him.

“Hyung, can you just sleep here?” Sehun hid under his blanket, his voice was quite muffled but still clearly heard. Kyungsoo said yes and went to the bed next to Sehun’s which belonged to Suho and tucked himself under the sheets, making himself warm. His body was there but his mind wandered off somewhere, remembering the time when Chanyeol called Kris to accompany him in the practice room because he has been getting the chills as if someone was watching him the whole time.

Maybe it’s related to the whole scene that is happening now…