002

Baozi Number 2

“Minseok.” Her voice was barely audible as she said his name. She could feel tears welling up in her eyes and all she wanted now was to disappear into thin air. She was too ashamed to face him, let to say to even stand in front of him.

Minseok couldn’t believe his eyes. The very same girl, who he fell head over heels over, was standing right in front of him. He wasn’t dreaming, right?

“Soo-”

“Thank you for taking care of her. I’m sorry, I’ll be leaving now.” She bowed her head, avoiding all eye contact with him and quickly turned around, leaving.

Minseok watched the leaving figure as the fans were ushered away by a kind guard. It had been 3 years and it had been hell for him. He couldn’t do anything without thinking about her. He never did actually forget about her but how he made it seem like she wasn’t even in his life before was a mystery. He drank all day until one day, his band members couldn’t take it anymore. They spent all night talking to Minseok, trying to help him. It took months but the pain is still there. The emptiness was still there. It had been 3 years and Minseok wasn’t planning to repeat history. He wasn’t going to let this chance slip away.

“Soohyun!!” He shouted.

Tears were already flowing down her cheeks when she heard him calling for her but she wasn’t going to turn around. She made the choice to leave his life and she was going to do it till the end. He couldn’t afford to have news about him having a daughter appearing everywhere, especially when his career was at a peek. She had done the same 3 years ago and she would do it now, 3 years later. She wasn’t going to let his career crash because of her, not when he had put in so much effort. She roughly wiped at the tears at her cheeks and quickened her speed when she felt something pulling her hand.

It was Minseok.

He ran after her and tugged on her hand, forcing her to stop walking.

“Soohyun.” He called. Soohyun ducked her head, trying to hide her face.

“I’m sorry, I need to go.” She said in a small voice but no, Minseok wasn’t to give up this easily.

“Please.” Minseok begged. “Soohyun, please. I just want to talk to you.” She could see the desperation in his eyes. She couldn’t agree because she knew that once she talked to him, she might give in to everything. She couldn’t. She needed to spare a thought for his career.

“Just 5 minutes.” He broke out into a smile. A smile that she hadn’t seen for years. The very same smile that cause her to fall heads over heels for him.

“Thank you so much.”

---

They found a playground nearby, allowing the both of them to talk while the child played on her own without finding out what was going out with her parents. It started with awkward silence. It had been 3 years and it had been too long for them but the every lingering touch and word was still etched in their minds.

“It’s been 3 years.” Minseok started, letting out a deep sigh as he could feel his eyes getting moist. “I missed you.”

She felt her heart skip a beat. He missed her?

“You know… I always missed you since the night you left. There’s not a moment that I didn’t think of you. I wonder how you were doing, whether if you were okay, if you’re eating well, if you were missing me as well.”

She had always missed him. How much she wanted to tell him that but she couldn’t.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you were pregnant?” Minseok asked in a small voice. went dry and tears glossed her eyes once more but she couldn’t find her voice to reply him.

“Were you afraid?” He asked. “Were you scared that I didn’t want the child? Were you afraid that you would affect my career?”

“Or you didn’t love me at all from the start?” That hit her straight in the gut.

“I always loved you, Minseok.”

She always loved him. Minseok could feel his heart pounding faster but the question still remained.

“Then, why did you leave?”

“I had to.”

“Why?” It took minutes for her to reply. It had been 3 years and it was about time to tell him.

“Your career was taking off, Minseok.” She said simply. Minseok let out a sigh and raked his hand through his hair.

“I don’t care about my career, Soohyun.” He replied, frustration evident in his voice.

“That’s why.” She shouted, bursting out into tears. “I knew you would be like this!! That’s why I wanted to leave. I didn’t want you to give up your dream.”

Minseok softened.

“You silly girl.” He said. “I would give up anything for you. That’s what I promised you when I asked you out, remember?”

He placed his hand on her arm and the very same tingling feeling, whenever he touched her, went down her spine. She could feel butterflies in her stomach and the pounding of her heart against her ribs got louder. She couldn’t be soft.

Minseok felt his heart sink as she brushed his hand away.

“I’m sorry, Minseok. I need to leave.” She stood up and called Jaemin’s name as the little girl came running to her mother.

“Say bye bye to papa.” She instructed.

“Bye Papa!! Jaemin loves you!!” Jaemin squealed. Minseok broke into a smile. He felt all warm inside. Was this how all fathers felt when they see their child?

“Wait.” Minseok called and Soohyun froze halfway when she was carrying the child.

“Can I spend a day with her?” He asked.

“I’m sorry, Minseok. I’m leaving at midnight today. I have work-”

“Then, leave her with me. You can come back to Korea and pick her up when you’re free.”

“But-”

“Please, Soohyun.” Minseok begged. “Let the child spend some time with her father.”

It took some time but once she nodded, agreeing to his request, Minseok beamed. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello~!! I have decided to make this into a full fic so here, chapter 2!! Do comment and anticipate the next chapter :) By the way, do check out EXO ONESHOTS Till the next chapter ^^