001

Baozi Number 2

Hearing his breathing slow down and deepen, she opened her eyes and gently lifted his arm off her waist. She could feel tears b in her eyes as she fought off the urge to puke. Being as quiet as possible, she quickly got dressed and pulled out the long prepared luggage under the bed. She pulled the blanket over him and pressed her lips to his forehead.

“I’m sorry, Minseok.” She whispered as a tear dropped, falling on to his face. Minseok grumbled something inaudible and fidget a little but nonetheless, he didn’t wake up. Feeling the guilt eating from inside, she pressed a hand to and stifled a sob. She took a deep breath and barely calmed herself before taking her luggage. She walked out of the room and took once last look at him.

“Goodbye.”

---

“Mama.” The little girl called. The older woman hummed in reply and carried her daughter. “Is it going to be our turn?”

“Soon, baby Jae, soon.” She replied, peering at the line in front of them. The little girl squealed and moved up and down in her mother’s arm.

“Mama, can Jae have her CD?” She nodded and took out the album for the girl. The girl giggled and hugged the album.

“Now, Kim Jaemin.” She called sternly. Jaemin immediately looked up at the older and stop fiddling with the book-like album. “Remember your manners, alright? And what did I tell you yesterday?”

“We’re playing a game with papa and we cannot let papa know who I am.” Jaemin recited. She nodded and pinched the girl’s cheek.

“Good girl. Papa will be proud of you.” Jaemin smiled a toothy grin. She also smiled and pecked Jaemin on the cheek.

Their turn soon came and they were next to go on the stage for the fansign. She placed Jaemin down and squat to meet her height.

“Baby Jae, you’re going to go up yourself, alright? Papa and I are playing hide and seek so I cannot let papa find me.” Jaemin nodded and her doe eyes widen.

“Mama, hide!! Papa’s going to see you!!” She laughed and nodded, gently patting Jae on her head before waking off to hide behind a pillar. The 3-years-old girl stood still below the stage with the album in her hands as she closely watched the activities on the stage when it was her turn. The security guard helped her on the stage and she thanked him in curtsey of what her mother taught. She walked to the first member and with much difficulty; she placed her album on the table. Chanyeol peered down and cooed at her.

“Annyeong!!” He squealed shouted with his famous bright smile.

“Annyeong.” She greeted back in a small voice.

“How are you?” Jaemin held out three fingers.

“3?” Chanyeol asked. “Aww, you’re so precious.” He nudged Kris, who was sitting beside him, taking his attention away from the fan in front of him.

“Hyung!! Look at her. She’s so cute. I just wanna bite her.” Kris gave Chanyeol a judging look.

“No!!! You cannot bite Jaemin!!” Jaemin shouted, her eyes widen with fear. Kris almost wanted to laugh but after seeing the little girl’s look, he managed to hold it in as Chanyeol blushed.

“No. He isn’t going to bite you. Your name is Jaemin, right?” Kris asked. Jaemin relaxed and nodded.

“Where’s your mother?”

“She’s playing hide and seek with papa!!” She answered immediately. Chanyeol lifted an eyebrow. Hide and seek?

“Come here.” Jaemin obediently followed Kris’s instructions and went to him as he lifted her up to his lap. Kris cooed at her and pinched her cheeks.

“Your cheeks are so chubby.” Kris mumbled.

“It reminds me of a certain baozi.” Chanyeol added, laughing to himself. Kris nodded along, agreeing.

“Who’s your favourite member?” Kris asked.

“Xiumin!!” Without a doubt, Jaemin answered.

“Let’s go find him then.” Carrying the girl, Kris stood up and walked over to Minseok, who was sitting at the end of the long table with Luhan.

“Hey Minseok.” Kris called. Minseok turned around and the girl in Kris’s arms immediately captured his attention. She resembled her so much. The sudden thought of her remind him of the emptiness inside of him. One question still haunted him from the night she left till now. Why did she leave?

With a mental sigh, Minseok pushed all thoughts of her to the back of his mind as Kris hand the girl over to him.

“Oh my, you’re so cute.” Luhan squealed. “And you look like Baozi!!” Minseok rolled his eyes.

“What’s your name, pretty girl?”

“Jaemin!!” She answered, smiling because finally, she saw her father up close. “I’m 3!!” Minseok chuckled and ruffled her hair.

“You’re so precious.”

---

The fansign event ended smoothly and the half of it was spent with Jaemin talking to Minseok and Luhan on Minseok’s lap. However, all good times have to end and she had to leave. She wanted to refuse and stay with her father but she promised her mother.

When the event ended, Minseok still didn’t see the little girl’s mother. Worried, he walked with the girl down the stage and to where the girl said was the last place she saw her mother.

Jaemin knew that her father there with her, her mother wouldn’t show up for they were still playing ‘hide and seek’. Relaunctly, she bid goodbye, waved to Minseok and walked away when a large group of fans charged towards her, wanting to get near to their idol. Jaemin fell on to the floor with a loud thud and her cries followed immediately. Minseok’s eyes widen and rushed to her.

Her daughter fell on to the floor with a cry as her heart started pounding faster. She couldn’t have anything to happen to her daughter. Abandoning her hiding place, she ran to her daughter.

“Are you okay, Jaemin-ah?” She asked, inspecting the wound, caused by the fall, on her knee.

“Mama!!” The little girl sobbed. She picked Jaemin up and lightly bounced up and down, trying to comfort her baby girl when she noticed him standing in front of her, looking shocked.

“Minseok.” 


xoxowritingdays.tumblr.com