The Mermaid Princess

Seeing Blue [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"For centuries, King Triton has ruled over all of Atlantis, but still he was unable to control his daughter's actions." A man narrated. "His daugther, Triteria, had endless curiosity. After the death of the queen, Queen Amphitrite. King Triton was unsure of how to raise his daughter. So, he gave her minor restrictions and let her do as she pleased."

"That's why she's the way she is, right daddy?" The little girl asked her father.

"Yes, Velvet." Her father chuckled. "She's quite a handful, like a certain someone I know."

"Who?" The little girl asked. "Because it's not me." She giggled after saying that.

"I think you know who, honey." The father nudged her playfully. "My mermaid princess."

"I'm your only mermaid princess." Velvet said a matter-of-factly.

"Yeah." Her father spoke slowly. "Yeah, you are, sweetie."

Then his gaze moved towards the window and out into the night sky. Little Velvet looked at her father curiously and wondered what he was thinking of. Maybe of her mother whom she doesn't remember much at all.

"Daddy. Finished the story!" Velvet said as she shook her father from his reverie.

"What was that, dear?" Her father asked, snapping back to reality.

"The story." She replied. "Finish the story."

"But I've told this story hundreds of times already, Vel." Her father tried to reason with his daughter. "How many times do I need to tell it to you?"

"Every night and especially on my birthday. Like today." She smiled up at him innocently. "It's my most favorite story of all of your stories."

"Because you don't like listening to daddy's sports years." The father said be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter